webfact

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

Lititle Mary is still quite HOT;  and has to much

class to ever be jealous of such inappropriate 

behavior, and poor taste in attire 

I will take your word for her  "quite" hotness.

But the lady's behaviour was certainly not inappropriate. As  for her poor taste in attire that is simply down to the eye of the beholder 

On 8/11/2016 at 6:43 PM, Winniedapu said:

Seems odd don't it? But most Thais do it not because they want to carry their own steam-bath around with them, they do it so the sun doesn't make their skin brown.

Stupid I know for a lot of reasons, but Thais aren't generally the sharpest knives in the drawer.

There's nothing specifically Thai about that. Asians in general cherish white skin so they try to keep out of the sun if at all possible. It's also fairly obvious that dark, tanned skin indicates a lower class of people (farmers, labourers) who work outdoors in the hot sun. 

17 hours ago, laislica said:

If skimpy dress offends, then why don't Thai Temples have a "dressing up box filled with clothes".

I have visited churches in France and Spain where such a collection of clothes are available to allow visitors in skimpy clothes to cover themselves.

Much ado about nothing IMHO!

How often have you visited a Thai temple? Proper dresses are available at a temple like this.

49 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

So much for parading around in her undies. And sexy dress? The Thais have a funny idea of sexy.

Looking at posts here many foreigners find the dress sexy as well.

10 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

Stupid foreigners, no respect for the Thai

Culture.   If you "don't know",  read a little

so you don't make a fool of yourself and

embarass your Country

What type of culture is visible in a place like Phuket? It's an easy mistake to make in a country renowned for its sex industry... and what's more - provides about 10% of its GDP.

It's a case of confusing double standards and there's no need to insult unsuspecting tourists.

It would have been far more pleasant if a temple "manager" approached her and courteously explained that her dress was not appropriate for the temple. Why don't they offer saris to tourists like they do in Bali? That could save a lot of drama.

It seems more like there are Farang-haters in the temple looking for excuses to vent.

On 11/08/2016 at 10:56 AM, tropo said:

How did you arrive at that conclusion? It looked like she was there on her own.

In Pattaya we often see Farang females dressed "inappropriately" all over town, but the Thais don't mind at all. I saw a Farang lady walking across a busy intersection on 3rd Road/Pattaya Tai in a skimpy bikini the other day... about a kilometer east of the beach. That was the worst (or best :D depending on your POV) case of inappropriate dress I've seen here. If any Thais were taking photos, it wasn't to complain.

My eyes and my brain led to that conclusion.

Since she is not Chinese and was part of a tour group it seems reasonable to increase the 95 procent to 100.

If typical Thais even came close to practicing Buddhism, I would be sympathetic...but they do not...they choose to be offended at anything and everything that does not benefit them...if you do not want tourists visiting your temples wearing a bikini, then change your societal behavior so such insensitive or unaware people are not drawn to your country...is this much different than the small statues and structures that proliferate the brothel areas?

The secret to credibility is to have your statements match your actions...Thais simply fail at this...

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

My eyes and my brain led to that conclusion.

Since she is not Chinese and was part of a tour group it seems reasonable to increase the 95 procent to 100.

LOL> You can look at a photo of a woman (the back of) and instantly determine her nationality... and then somehow figure she was part of a tour group.

38 minutes ago, tropo said:

LOL> You can look at a photo of a woman (the back of) and instantly determine her nationality... and then somehow figure she was part of a tour group.

Sometimes, yes.

And I was correct, so what is your problem?

On 11-8-2016 at 9:50 AM, hansnl said:

Gone native, have you?

Of course sometimes people, while visiting another country make mistakes.

But if you think yourself better as some of us living in or visiting this country and visiting bars, go ahead, feel superior.

But, don't forget, most of us living in Thailand and trying to adapt to different values and a very different culture, think your negative, "hate ourselves" reaction, is not only very politically correct but most of all very stupid.

On 11-8-2016 at 9:50 AM, hansnl said:

So, in the Netherlands it is ok to walk in you underware in a church? Because there are so many bars and prostitutes in Amsterdam? Or it is ok to start smoking a joint in my house, just because everybody presumes that all the Dutch smoke cannabis?

So, yes, I feel far superiour, even though my english might not be so good, if I compare myself to those farangs who start and end the day with a bottle of beer in their hands and those who come to a country that isn't theirs and not learn anything about the behaviour in such a country. There are books and even for those who can't read, enough movies (Youtube is a great source) about the do's and don'ts in Thailand and many other countries.

If you come to this country and think you know everything better and not we, but the Thais should adapt to our stupid social behaviour (I'm also thinking about the none-religious tatoos, the piercings, shaved hair, ragged clothes and also in spite of death by law, insist on using drugs - those idiots) just stay away from this country. Thailand has enough problems to deal with and I as a farang who likes to live a happy normal life, has to go through more and more changes which makes it more and more difficult to be here, mainly because of idiotic and selfish behaviour of beer drinking, women-hunting, big fat farangs who think that they are the new masters of the country!

By the way: I was at the Erawan National Park last week. Everywhere there ar big signs in English which has a pictogram of a woman wearing a bikini and it says that it is not allowed to walk around like that. I have never seen so many small bikini's in a place in Thailand like here and not only in the pools, where it was ok, but walking around...

It didn't bother me as such, as just being stupid, not to protect your body agains mosquitos and also just ignoring those big signs. How blind must you be not to see that? But obviously most people are blinded by the beauty of the place...

But complaining about the price system: 300 baht for foreigner and only 100 baht for Thai....! How unfair!

On 8/11/2016 at 1:41 PM, Finkelstein said:

I have been to hundreds of temples in Thailand and never seen a bar inside one of them. The story is about a farang on temple grounds.

I live less than a stone throw away from this temple, where are all the bars and ladies here? I have not seen any. 

forgive us for forgetting that your experience is universal

11 minutes ago, ThaidDown said:

Agreed, maybe something like this..

'No Shoes'

'No Underwear Under Sheer Dresses'

Hmmmm......don't know about that.

"No Shoes" isn't a problem, but, "No Underwear Under Sheer Dresses", may actually make things worse........

Archived