150 baht iced coffee really that much better than 20 baht iced coffee?

JJGreen

awhile sipping on a 150 baht iced cappuccino at one of the malls near Siam I got to thinking about coffee, price, value and satisfaction.

Was I deriving much more satisfaction from this coffee over a 20 baht Nescafed street concoction? was my companion going to be raving to her friends for months to come about her 130baht iced cocoa?

I was in air conditioned comfort and there was some pleasing viewing for the eyes. The coffee had been freshly ground and it seemed likely there was fresh milk though the taste of the coffee was a bit middle of the road for me.

I can get a street cart iced coffee for 20-30 baht with a iced chocolate the same. 

This 150 baht coffee was steps up from a street cart coffee no better than a 110 baht iced coffee from Starbucks or True cafe? 

Same as a 50 or 60 baht iced coffee served at a decent cafe

Having tried a number of different 20 baht iced coffees and Mochas.  Some can taste not the best, but I have my favourite places where I buy now and they know my order.  I still have the more expensive ones but I don't find anything wrong with the street ones 

On 12/08/2016 at 8:15 AM, Caps said:

Having tried a number of different 20 baht iced coffees and Mochas.  Some can taste not the best, but I have my favourite places where I buy now and they know my order.  I still have the more expensive ones but I don't find anything wrong with the street ones 

If u find a good one stick with it

150 baht for a coffee, thats $6 Australian, or half a day minimum wage in Thailand. Thats the same as a cup of coffee costing $50 in Australia. Some things I can never work out in Thailand.

Once you start mixing sugar and milk variations into it the less the coffee content matters. 

Dairy Queen makes a nice cheap Moolatte that tastes probably better than the coffee milkshakes people pay a premium for.

What I prefer properly brewed coffee which is intended to be consumed straight.    But if I am going to have an Ice coffee of some variety, I prefer to pay less than 50 baht.

On 8/11/2016 at 1:20 PM, JJGreen said:

I can get a street cart iced coffee for 20-30 baht with a iced chocolate the same. 

I can get a coffee shop iced coffee for 30bht.

I had two very nice  cold Morcha coffees this morning in a nice garden coffee shop for 30bht each, free wifi and iced water if you wanted it.

https://www.facebook.com/banpongcoffee/?pnref=story

12 minutes ago, Clamhua said:

Had a coffee at black mountain golf club, 50 baht decided to have an ice coffee 100 baht. Same coffee just with ice in it, the ice is the price problem :coffee1:

Iced coffee is made with a sugar/syrup/water/milk mix. It isn't the same as a hot coffee.

It's usually a double shot of coffee too.

4 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Once you start mixing sugar and milk variations into it the less the coffee content matters. 

Dairy Queen makes a nice cheap Moolatte that tastes probably better than the coffee milkshakes people pay a premium for.

What I prefer properly brewed coffee which is intended to be consumed straight.    But if I am going to have an Ice coffee of some variety, I prefer to pay less than 50 baht.

DQ does some very tasty and well priced drinks and ice cream

4 hours ago, MissAndry said:

I can get a coffee shop iced coffee for 30bht.

I had two very nice  cold Morcha coffees this morning in a nice garden coffee shop for 30bht each, free wifi and iced water if you wanted it.

https://www.facebook.com/banpongcoffee/?pnref=story

Very keen price but quite a way to go for my morning coffee fix

6 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

150 baht for a coffee, thats $6 Australian, or half a day minimum wage in Thailand. Thats the same as a cup of coffee costing $50 in Australia. Some things I can never work out in Thailand.

I didn't read a word of your post, I was too transfixed by your avatar.

Archived