4 killed and three injured in a head-on collision between a van and a pickup truck

snoop1130

4 killed and three injured in a head-on collision between a van and a pickup truck

1508007-wpcf_728x409.jpg

Four people were killed and three others seriously injured in a fatal collision involving one passenger van and a pickup truck on a road in Sabayoi district of Songkhla on Sunday.

One of the dead victims was a passenger of the van, 19-year old Ms Kinnaree Khaekkarn who was burned alive in the van which caught fire after the collision. The other victims were passengers of the pickup truck. They were identified as Mrs Chintana Soonjai, mother-in-law of the driver, Mrs Kanchana Matthong, the driver’s wife and Ms Atchalisa, the 11-year old daughter.

Another injured, Mrs Saroh Sama, who was riding a motorbike behind the pickup truck, failed to stop her vehicle after the collision and slammed into the rear of the truck.

Pol Lt-Col Saravuth Jiangtem, the deputy superintendent of Sabayoi district police, admitted that, at this stage, he could not say for sure which side was in the wrong for causing the accident.

He said he was yet to question the truck driver, Somjai Matthong, who was slightly injured. He added that the van driver had escaped.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/4-killed-three-injured-head-collision-van-pickup-truck/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-08-15

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Pol Lt-Col Saravuth Jiangtem, the deputy superintendent of Sabayoi district police, admitted that, at this stage, he could not say for sure which side was in the wrong for causing the accident.

Hint.... Try the guy who escaped.

I wonder if they meant that the van driver escaped injury, or actually fled the scene?  Normally, "fled the scene" is much more common than "escaped".

Just wondering.

Bored on a wet Tuesday afternoon anyway!!

21 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

I wonder if they meant that the van driver escaped injury, or actually fled the scene?  Normally, "fled the scene" is much more common than "escaped".

Just wondering.

Bored on a wet Tuesday afternoon anyway!!

I have been reading all these post and I was thinking the same as you. Escaped injury or escaped from the metal Faraday cage he was in.

Archived