managerial hits and miss's this season

rijit

thoughts anyone?   I'm going  managerial  miss's,  Raniere and Bilic both to be found out and one or both to be gone by xmas. it goes without saying Moyes at sunderland  Hits:baring the usual suspects  who with half a brain, can buy themselves out of ANYTHING, karanka at boro and Keoman  at everton to do ok

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Premiership winning manager Mourinho being sacked months after winning the title and Ranieri winning the title with Leicester should teach us that anything can happen so what's the point of speculating.

because otherwise it'd be a bloody quiet forum?

hits: klopp, koeman, howe, mazzarri, puel

misses: mourinho, guardiola, conte, moyes

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

StevieH, with some of the numpties on these forums it'll never be quiet on here ;-)

And your quite correct (makes a change) BB,but I am too much of a gent to say that of you,numpty no......just a little delusional I,d say...... but I put that down to your age.

Have a nice day now and don,t let the bed bugs bite....:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, petermik said:

And your quite correct (makes a change) BB,but I am too much of a gent to say that of you,numpty no......just a little delusional I,d say...... but I put that down to your age.

Have a nice day now and don,t let the bed bugs bite....:thumbsup:

yeah your man kloppy  looks bang on the money,, when your good your bloody astounding, but in fairness that was almost the same under rodgers, when you spanked us at the lane, you looked to me like bang on cert title winners yet  you dropped off

mourrinho, i'de sort of luv to see him 'fail' cos he epitimises all i dislike about prem footie atm, yet somehow i cant see it, with the way he's gone in and 'bossed' the utd board into going large with  the cheque book, cant see him letting it happen again.  Out of the open ended  cheque book brigade  personally  i'de be more inclined to think  guardiola's the likely boy to fall victim, he's got a lot of dickheads, like hart, with  ego's and an awful lot of REALLY large contracts to unload , probably dwarfing those dealt with in the past  b4 he can move on,, and i'm not sure  atm man city's squad got the right ' mind set ' to deal with it , if i was cynical i say  those s/american and Spanish boys seem to have love for little trips bac home..

karanka, and boro will be a 'surprise' ,, he's  got balls, he's  put together  negrado and ramirez upfront that to me is potentially a top quality strike force with  the added bonus of arguably both having a point to prove.

oh and they've got the added plus of having george friend, an  Exeter city youth product as their capt!!!!, think rochdale   producing a prem captain and your in the zone, given a half decent season don't be surprised to see  big sam him get a call up to have a look, we aint blessed with versatile lhs defenders and he's a fine footballer with a total will to win and with a bloody good attitude.

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

And my age is?

Peter, try posting something positive and interesting for a change and contribute to the forum, the personal comments are getting tedious.

BB

I see from almost 5,300 posts you have placed on TVF that you have 818 likes,in other words people that find your comments interesting :rolleyes:

As for my positive and interesting (or lack of as you suggest) replies totaling 2,130 over 1,400 members have been happy with them.

I think you need a reality check    :whistling:

1 hour ago, petermik said:

BB

I see from almost 5,300 posts you have placed on TVF that you have 818 likes,in other words people that find your comments interesting :rolleyes:

As for my positive and interesting (or lack of as you suggest) replies totaling 2,130 over 1,400 members have been happy with them.

so 'community reputation' is solely 'likes', nothing else?

3 hours ago, petermik said:

BB

You don't get many from stellar members like me sonny...you had better up your game...by eck I've not even let you buy me a beer yet!

Mourinho: Roaring success. Sticks in the craw, but champions me thinks.

Arsene: Same old, same old. maybe not 2nd this time; back to 4th.

Pochettino: Will lose some lustre, but will keep his job. Could still manage top 4.

Ranieri: CL dark horses and apple cart upsetters in EPL. Still a top 4 contender.

Conte: Defence not sorted so I'm leaning towards flop. New year, new manager. Whose next in line?

Pep: Biggest disappointment of the lot. Flattered to deceive at Bayern Munich. Hype over substance. Turbulent times ahead.

Bilic: Europe success a possibility, top half in the league.

Klopp: Another defence with problems. Too many players in and out. Nothing special this season, though will get one more to sort things out.

I think the EPL is characterised by some poor looking defences, so there will be a lot of goals and excitement. Mourinho has form, has done his transfer business in good time and will win the league comfortably.

• 1 month later...
On 8/19/2016 at 4:40 PM, champers said:

Mourinho: Roaring success. Sticks in the craw, but champions me thinks.

Arsene: Same old, same old. maybe not 2nd this time; back to 4th.

Pochettino: Will lose some lustre, but will keep his job. Could still manage top 4.

Ranieri: CL dark horses and apple cart upsetters in EPL. Still a top 4 contender.

Conte: Defence not sorted so I'm leaning towards flop. New year, new manager. Whose next in line?

Pep: Biggest disappointment of the lot. Flattered to deceive at Bayern Munich. Hype over substance. Turbulent times ahead.

Bilic: Europe success a possibility, top half in the league.

Klopp: Another defence with problems. Too many players in and out. Nothing special this season, though will get one more to sort things out.

I think the EPL is characterised by some poor looking defences, so there will be a lot of goals and excitement. Mourinho has form, has done his transfer business in good time and will win the league comfortably.

Bet you wish you hadn't posted this!!!

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Bet you wish you hadn't posted this!!!

I'm happy with it. City won their first five games last season and ending up scraping into the CL. I'm still OK with my Man Utd prediction, Chelsea are a defensive mess and on the slide, Liverpool look good in attack, shaky in defence. Still 32 games to go, so things might change.

46 minutes ago, champers said:

I'm happy with it. City won their first five games last season and ending up scraping into the CL. I'm still OK with my Man Utd prediction, Chelsea are a defensive mess and on the slide, Liverpool look good in attack, shaky in defence. Still 32 games to go, so things might change.

Thats a gritty defence baring in mind you are spectacularly wrong on nearly every prediction at this juncture. :smile:

^"I'm happy with it. City won their first five games last season and ending up scraping into the CL.".

Totally agree with him. We started well then suffered injuries to KEY players and the wheels fell off. Could happen again.

Without researching it, I would have thought championship winning teams tend to use a smaller core of players than the other teams, so having few injuries to KEY players is vital.

Big Sam looks tailor made for this one. He's from the area, Villa are a sleeping giant, they wear claret and blue like West Ham, err....... Alternatively, a former player would be a good choice. Step forward Gareth Southgate.

Steve Clarke is in temporary charge and if he perks things up significantly then he should keep the job. Hard done by at WBA, perhaps less so at Reading.

Bradley for swansea!!! cant see that one , but hey, open to being proved wrong they've got a decent enuf team,,

as for villa , IMO has to be Bruce ,,anyone else would be speculative, how many times has he taken clubs up 3 or is it 4 ? from the championship, not saying he's guaranteed  success but ide say his odds were shorter than most others  and with villa, i reckon he'd have the resources to take them onto the next step

why not ,, they truly are an under performing giant.

October 05, 2016  

London: Cardiff manager Paul Trollope was sacked on Tuesday after just 12 matches in charge of the struggling Championship club.

Trollope succeeded Russell Slade in May but he paid the price for a disappointing five-month reign that left Cardiff languishing in the second tier relegation zone.

Archived