managerial hits and miss's this season

rijit

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/11/2016 at 7:46 AM, Chicog said:

Renowned diver turned manager Jurgen Klinsmann has been relieved of his duties as head of the USA! USA! whoop! whoop! etc. national side.

Absolute legend. USA were lucky he went to them. 

On 28/12/2016 at 3:23 AM, carmine said:

So the mighty Swansea sack their manager after eleven games in charge!!  Idiots.

I won't even comment on the Giggs replacement rumors.....

Seriously you think they should have stuck with BB? 

Swansea have been in managerial turmoil ever since Laudrup done one and they have done pretty well all things considered. 

Another casualty:-

Mike Phelan has been sacked as Hull City head coach less than three months after securing the role on a permanent basis.

Phelan was installed as Hull caretaker boss following the departure of Steve Bruce in July and led the Tigers until October 13, when he was finally given the role on a full-time basis until the end of the season. 

The 3-1 defeat away at West Bromwich Albion on Monday left Hull in 20th place on 13 points and without a win in the Premier League since November 6.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11714/10717252/mike-phelan-sacked-by-hull-city

7 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Seriously you think they should have stuck with BB? 

Swansea have been in managerial turmoil ever since Laudrup done one and they have done pretty well all things considered. 

Well in fairness he was not equipped to get a side through a relegation battle but then again he was only given eleven games and when a scrap was always going to be on the cards why appoint him in the first place?

On 28/12/2016 at 3:23 AM, carmine said:

So the mighty Swansea sack their manager after eleven games in charge!!  Idiots.

I won't even comment on the Giggs replacement rumors.....

I can't wait for a chairman to take a punt on giggs. He will be laughed out of a job. Cuckoo land that guy.

On 23/12/2016 at 0:14 AM, champers said:

Palace have gone for Big Sam before someone else moves for him (Sunderland spring to mind). Tommy Wright; assistant at Barnsley; was the only other victim of the Daily Telegraph's major investigation. 

Allardyce is a stop gap to preserve their PL status. 

On 04/10/2016 at 0:53 AM, Intensified said:

Bradley for swansea!!! cant see that one , but hey, open to being proved wrong they've got a decent enuf team,,

as for villa , IMO has to be Bruce ,,anyone else would be speculative, how many times has he taken clubs up 3 or is it 4 ? from the championship, not saying he's guaranteed  success but ide say his odds were shorter than most others  and with villa, i reckon he'd have the resources to take them onto the next step

why not ,, they truly are an under performing giant.

Totally disagree. They are not a giant they are a bunch of clueless heartless fickle fans who seem to enjoy Slagging off opposing players more than seeing a decent football spectacle. WBA on the other hand have fought hard to get where they are and have a great fan base who act like a 12th man. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/11/2016 at 0:22 PM, champers said:

Leyton Orient have sacked yet another manager - that's 2 already this season. What on earth was Barry Hearn doing when he sold the club to this bunch of clowns?

smart move by hearn, getting out whilst the going was relatively good ie  b4 the effects of west ham moving into their area took its toll.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, carmine said:

Seems the problem lies more in selling Kante than in Ranieri's management.  

nah , this years team is 100% down to  him ,  eg tried the diamond and the players couldnt do it DOWN TO HIM  and  he's  lost one player cant blame the teams performance on that. plenty of money and time  to sort  things out,   , sori but last season he had it sorted for him, this season its his shout and  there can only be one conclusion it  aint that  good.

On 04/01/2017 at 1:03 PM, Rc2702 said:

Totally disagree. They are not a giant they are a bunch of clueless heartless fickle fans who seem to enjoy Slagging off opposing players more than seeing a decent football spectacle. WBA on the other hand have fought hard to get where they are and have a great fan base who act like a 12th man. 

aston villa FACT ex european champs and  league champs with a stadiam with potential to match   west brom top half of the prem at best, second rate stadium small crowds and currently have a manager bringing /thriving on pragmatism but   who personally i dont like , him or his style of football.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 06/02/2017 at 10:26 AM, mrbojangles said:

Not long after their Champs League exit, I reckon

funny i had a post ready to put up yesteday saying that i thought he would be gone today, but thought i was being 'too down' . Anyway IMO Good decision by the thai owners, watched leicester a few of times recently and, sori , but they looked like a team lost and uncontrolably careering towards relegation, now maybe they stand half a chance.

Archived