Swiss man murdered in Chiang Mai - found stabbed, strangled and tied to the banisters

webfact

15 minutes ago, Lex Talionis said:

Bump. It's been a week. Any further developments?

Suicide.

Let me explain, a friend of a friend of an acquaintance told me that apparently, the man  swapped the mosquito repellent body's lotion with some magnetic paint, that attracted a nearby knife that got stuck on his body, while at the same time a metallic rope tied him up to the banister to which he felt on because of the nails used to build it.... 

TIT

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Justice here, if it is done, takes time.

I have had two friends die in mysterious circumstances, both were proclaimed as suicides but I don't believe either were.

:coffee1:

Sorry to hear that. What happened with your friends? Was there ever justice for them?

11 minutes ago, Lex Talionis said:

Sorry to hear that. What happened with your friends? Was there ever justice for them?

No, it just got forgotten, two cases of TIT.

One "fell" from a 2nd floor but landed further than the Olympic long jump record, about 30' away from a very short balcony.

The other was found tied up hung behind a door with a bag over his head, (no stool near).

No, it just got forgotten, two cases of TIT.

One "fell" from a 2nd floor but landed further than the Olympic long jump record, about 30' away from a very short balcony.

The other was found tied up hung behind a door with a bag over his head, (no stool near).

Sad indeed. Does TIT have to be the final word though? It's a given that the BIBs objectives are very different from the expats. Maybe some reporting and investigating on our own is in order? For myself I have spent some time over the last year compiling a private database of expat deaths by murder, suicide and mysterious circumstances where the cause of death is unclear. It's a lot more extensive and detailed than what appears in farang-deaths.com and other similar sites. I find those site are loaded with disinformation. They record what's available at time of death and never follow up on further developments. Please pm me with details and Id's of your friends. I'll see if I have entries 4 them. It's not much but it's a start.

32 minutes ago, Lex Talionis said:

Sad indeed. Does TIT have to be the final word though? It's a given that the BIBs objectives are very different from the expats. Maybe some reporting and investigating on our own is in order? For myself I have spent some time over the last year compiling a private database of expat deaths by murder, suicide and mysterious circumstances where the cause of death is unclear. It's a lot more extensive and detailed than what appears in farang-deaths.com and other similar sites. I find those site are loaded with disinformation. They record what's available at time of death and never follow up on further developments. Please pm me with details and Id's of your friends. I'll see if I have entries 4 them. It's not much but it's a start.

I'll see what I can find, it is a long time ago.

Do you expect the Thai Police to reopen any of these cases, as I believe that is only wishful thinking. Life is cheap in Asia.

Best of luck.

It is about time that foreigners are allowed to carry firearms in Thailand.

I can hear the howls and cry of the do-gooders but remember or research this fact: foreigners commit a scarce few violent crimes against Thais. Thais commit an inordinate number of violent crimes against foreigners.

Let the foreigners defend themselves.

Ooopppss > this would tip the scales? violence would increase? ********* what a strange dilemma Thai tourism is in!

On 17/08/2016 at 8:47 AM, malcoml said:

In my country on the very rare occasion a foreigner is murdured it makes nation news for weeks and people are horrified.

it seems every time I'm open Thai visa another foreigner is murdured.

what is happening in Thailand.

The Golden Goose is dying a slow and painful death!

On 17/08/2016 at 4:21 PM, swerver said:

In Thailand very possible, seen it on a few occasions and each being from a different Caucasian (Western) country.

In the early days (fifty years ago) lived in single house in the country but when the locals started crowding in decided to move into a complex owned 50% by foreigners (Westerners) I have nothing against Thais but that is not always  how it is with Thais and a Farang.   The word Farang comes from the word Francais.

The word “farang” the Thais bastardized from the French word “Francais” which they heard the French speak when the French controlled Indochina and the Thais hated them. Which word the Thais pronounce as

Fa‑rang‑sed

Which the Thais then shortened to “farang”.

If Thais are polite they refer to the country of the person i.e. like they do with a person from Japan, "Khun yipoon, China Khun cheen, English Khun anglish, American Khun sahalat and so forth.

Unfortunately nearly all Western foreigners think the word Farang is a honorary title bestowed by the Thais on Caucasians.

Have a nice time in LOS.

Chinese in Thai is Khun Jiin,English is Khun Angrit and American Khun America/n don't give up the day job! :facepalm:

On 17/08/2016 at 10:58 PM, skyflyingj said:

People, show some respect please. This is my friend and they have his last name wrong. He was the kindest most genuine person you could ever meet. He loved books and his motorcycles. He moved to Thailand to enjoy retirement and this is how his life ended. His friends hearts are broken, so please show some respect for Danny.  AND TRUST ME THIS WAS NOT SUICIDE! You can ask ANYONE who knows him!!!!!! 

Anyone who knows anything about Thailand also knows it wasn't a suicide!

Archived