Video: Thai bouncers vs British tourists - two charged with assault

Jonathan Fairfield

Video: Thai bouncers vs British tourists - two charged with assault

sanook.jpg

BANGKOK:-- A nasty street fight in Khao San has been doing the rounds of social media after it was filmed at the weekend and posted online.

The poster didn't want to be named for fear of retribution.

The fight shows a group of Thai men kicking a British man while he is on the ground. While a female vendor nearby calls for the end of the one sided encounter saying the tourist can't fight back, some friends finally come to his aid.

Four British tourists - one of them covered in blood - reported the assault to Chana Songkram police on Sunday night.

Apparently the tourists had tried to get into a club but the bouncers would not let them and after an argument the fight erupted down the street.

Two Thai men were arrested later and charged with assault. They said that the tourists were denied entry because one was very drunk.

An argument ensued that let to the fight, they told police.

Source: Sanook News

Warning: Some viewers may find this footage disturbing

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-17
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More free advertising for TAT. Come to Thailand and get your head kicked in by Thai thugs. One elderly British lady found that out not so long ago.

I will do my part in spreading the story.

Absolutely ridiculous. Good security  personnel are supposed to be experts in peaceful resolution and helping to maintain order.

Booting some lad when he's on the deck is disgusting conduct. If the roles were reversed and the Thai guy was getting the boot stuck into him i would dread to think how heavy the punishment would be.

A simple assault charge is woefully inadequate given the footage available

when refused entry why didn't the brits move on more than one place to drink. In all of the years coming here and now living here I have never had a problem with thai bouncers or bar people. somepeople just do not have a clue. some people cannto go to their neighbors house without getting into a fight

3 minutes ago, moe666 said:

when refused entry why didn't the brits move on more than one place to drink. In all of the years coming here and now living here I have never had a problem with thai bouncers or bar people. somepeople just do not have a clue

Didn't the article say that the Brits had moved on down the street but the bouncers followed them?

The emd of the video where the bouncers (wearing black) walk back up the street supports the  authors writing.

Why all this kicking in the head of someone already down?

Try watching western documentaries of security guards pacifying drunk party goers. Most of the action is verbal or in extreme cases a quick restraint.

These guys should be charged with attempted murder.  One well placed kick and the victim is dead.

Like one poster here said. "Thais fight to destroy"

1 minute ago, moe666 said:

when refused entry why didn't the brits move on more than one place to drink. In all of the years coming here and now living here I have never had a problem with thai bouncers or bar people. somepeople just do not have a clue

It's because some people are arrogant <deleted>, and that's before they start drinking. I've seen more than a few altercations with the Brits being the ones ganging up on someone. Or 3-4 Aussies vs 1 other person. 3-4 Americans/Canadians/etc. I've mentioned before that in all the years I've been going to clubs, bars and go-gos, the closest I've come to getting into a fight was in a go-go when a group of Aussies (3) were acting like asses and pissed off because an old fart like me had 3 of the nicest looking girls sitting with me (I knew 2 of them for ages) and none of the girls wanted to sit with the drunk @**holes. Never had a problem with any staff at any establishment but then again, I don't run around acting like I'm king **** of turd island and expect people to bow at my feet because I'm a foreigner.

That's why I'm usually skeptical when I see stories like this. If the bouncers at the clubs were deliberately starting fights with foreigners for no reason, that club wouldn't be in business very long. Not to mention that rarely does anyone, of any nationality, try to start a fight with group larger than their own no matter how many Jet Li movies they've watched. I highly doubt that 3-4 bouncers would have picked a fight with 4 Brits for no reason.

These guys are old style bouncers -the current generation panty waist don't understand no means no from guys like this. I have seen dreadful entitled behavior from brutish backpackers. I shall do my best to spread this story to remind potential travelers to behave in the company of hard men.

13 minutes ago, petedk said:

Why all this kicking in the head of someone already down?

Try watching western documentaries of security guards pacifying drunk party goers. Most of the action is verbal or in extreme cases a quick restraint.

These guys should be charged with attempted murder.  One well placed kick and the victim is dead.

Like one poster here said. "Thais fight to destroy"

it's not the west. The young thug backpackers forget where they are. they ask for trouble- they get trouble.

27 minutes ago, z42 said:

Absolutely ridiculous. Good security  personnel are supposed to be experts in peaceful resolution and helping to maintain order.

Booting some lad when he's on the deck is disgusting conduct. If the roles were reversed and the Thai guy was getting the boot stuck into him i would dread to think how heavy the punishment would be.

A simple assault charge is woefully inadequate given the footage available

you should see the bouncers in Margate!

My cousins are saving money to go backpacking in Asia...i hope they don't come to Thailand.

I've been a bouncer myself when i was 20 but i never had to fight...there are plenty other ways to get them away from the party.

9 minutes ago, The manic said:

These guys are old style bouncers -the current generation panty waist don't understand no means no from guys like this. I have seen dreadful entitled behavior from brutish backpackers. I shall do my best to spread this story to remind potential travelers to behave in the company of hard men.

Being in a pack does not make you a hard man, just the opposite

Archived