Video: Thai bouncers vs British tourists - two charged with assault

Jonathan Fairfield

People here excusing Thai violence like group kicks to brain regions are missing the point.
These are attempted murder attacks .
Tourists ( including elderly woman ) are being followed and beaten unconscious.

These are not altercations that might end with a push and or shove or one punch.
Thai males are largely homosexuals in nature and those who are not are too cowardly to fight one on one.
The have no ethics so woman are no problem.
They use weapons , but usually just in numbers .
Xenophobic nationalist sentiments are growing and western drunks can be attacked for the most trivial thing.

These kind of beatings can result in huge medical bills , and permanent injury.
Thailand is not safe .
Military rule means few cases are investigated .
It's a dark place .
Google deaths in Thailand for westerners .
The numbers are there to see.
Assaults are daily.
Only these make it to news ( video) 

Even if the fight gets evened up the whole street of Thai men would join in.
Barbaric third world tactics.
Juntas are perhaps a karmic even up on them?

One can't fathom how they seem fine with head trauma intent on an elderly woman ?
The general incites violence in subtle speeches anti western with sentences like .".why punish Thai tourism? " 

This is yet another reason to do exactly that.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah the wisdom of getting older. I would never ever place myself in this situation in the first place. Going into these bar areas in the middle of the night half snapped out of your gourd testosterone running high. Part of western mentality when drunk is that when someone says no your determined that yes is the answer and you push forward. Most of these guards are just spoiling for a fight especially if they have a 4 to 1 advantage. We live in a world where we are just one step away from doing or receiving violence. As one poster stated just one well placed kick and your done for. Thank God for the aging process. 

My neighbor was 5 meters away from the incident.

Drunk tourist refused entry because he was already 

drunk.  "Mouthed off at the Bouncer, told him I have

money and I am going in". Bouncer said go away, the

Tourist told him to <deleted>.. off....Bouncer let him leave,

drunk tourist yelled.." you <deleted> jerk". Bouncer ran

after him and kicked the shit out of the drunk.  In

Thailand, if your drunk learn to keep YOUR BIG MOUTH

SHUT!!!!.

38 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

My neighbor was 5 meters away from the incident.

Drunk tourist refused entry because he was already 

drunk.  "Mouthed off at the Bouncer, told him I have

money and I am going in". Bouncer said go away, the

Tourist told him to &lt;deleted&gt;.. off....Bouncer let him leave,

drunk tourist yelled.." you <deleted> jerk". Bouncer ran

after him and kicked the shit out of the drunk.  In

Thailand, if your drunk learn to keep YOUR BIG MOUTH

SHUT!!!!.

Then the issue is that the bouncer ran after him to attack him!  Why?  Wasn't his job to maintain peace and order in HIS premises?  The tourist was drunk and mouthed off.  So what?  No injury to the bouncer or anyone else.

He perceived a loss of face and went cracker-Thai.  Not cool, extremely dangerous and unforgivable in his profession.

Typical immature Thai response and apologist idiots with their own anti-farang agenda don't help.

You say your neighbour was 5 metres away?  Was he at home?  If so, that would explain a lot of your inane posts, given where you live! :clap2:

When will people learn Thailand is not your home country. The rules here are not as they are in your home country. Training here is not the same as you home country.  If a Thai bouncer says no then it's no end of.  As for kicking whilst down a trait they have picked up from your "civilized" home countries. I was always taught if you have to fight it should be a last resort. If it's going to happen get the first punch in and make sure they don't get up. To many times its "well in my country this wouldn't happen which is total rubish it happens every night of the week in my home country and just because the so called bouncers are SIA accredited it means nothing most are just thugs with a badge.

16 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

You don't mess with them on their turf especially around the nightlife areas. The Thais will be tooled up and attack in packs. 

Seen some vicious beatings dished out to tourists and other locals over the years. Saw a student gang stabbing outside Panthip Plaza a few years back too. 

And this is it right there. Most of these posts would have you believe 'they're out to get the farangs', but a bunch of Thais will readily beat another lone Thai (there are enough news clippings on here to tell you that - bread delivery guy?). They are cowards and pack animals. The fact that any 'punishment' meted out by what is laughingly referred to as the Law here is always a slap on the wrist and is in no way a deterrent. Same with everything else here in little gangsters' paradise.

Men, even drunken men, will listen to ladies.

Lady Bouncers would not have these problems.

These ignorant Male Bouncers, full of testosterone with their machismo mentality and their brains in their pants, should be trained properly (taken for an attitude adjustment) and licensed, or sent back to the jungles!

9 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

Discussion at pool this morning from person

who observed the incident.  Some people, feel

if you curse them out and embarrass them in

frint of their friends you deserve what you get!!

Oh Dear God and here we go with the know it all farang contingent shaking in their little bootees 'you mustn't make them lose face you know'. Right-o, bend over ..

4 minutes ago, KenKadz said:

Men, even drunken men, will listen to ladies.

Lady Bouncers would not have these problems.

These ignorant Male Bouncers, full of testosterone with their machismo mentality and their brains in their pants, should be trained properly (taken for an attitude adjustment) and licensed, or sent back to the jungles!

Ladyboys be better. They fierce, and a just off the boat tourist wouldn't be able to tell the difference until it was too late :w00t:

17 hours ago, moe666 said:

when refused entry why didn't the brits move on more than one place to drink. In all of the years coming here and now living here I have never had a problem with thai bouncers or bar people. somepeople just do not have a clue. some people cannto go to their neighbors house without getting into a fight

That's true, but the cause is always too much to drink.

if this keeps up, the copy-everything Thais will copy Indonesia - and ban the booze.

The KNRSOL in yellow, the colour of a chickensh**t, set the example, of hiding his face from the camera

16 hours ago, Kerryd said:

It's because some people are arrogant &lt;deleted&gt;, and that's before they start drinking. I've seen more than a few altercations with the Brits being the ones ganging up on someone. Or 3-4 Aussies vs 1 other person. 3-4 Americans/Canadians/etc. I've mentioned before that in all the years I've been going to clubs, bars and go-gos, the closest I've come to getting into a fight was in a go-go when a group of Aussies (3) were acting like asses and pissed off because an old fart like me had 3 of the nicest looking girls sitting with me (I knew 2 of them for ages) and none of the girls wanted to sit with the drunk @**holes. Never had a problem with any staff at any establishment but then again, I don't run around acting like I'm king **** of turd island and expect people to bow at my feet because I'm a foreigner.

That's why I'm usually skeptical when I see stories like this. If the bouncers at the clubs were deliberately starting fights with foreigners for no reason, that club wouldn't be in business very long. Not to mention that rarely does anyone, of any nationality, try to start a fight with group larger than their own no matter how many Jet Li movies they've watched. I highly doubt that 3-4 bouncers would have picked a fight with 4 Brits for no reason.

I don't think nationality is relevant. Groups of young men, drinking, chasing skirt, stick together and form a pack mentality unless some members are sensible and keep other in check if things kick off. Alcohol fuels a lot of these actions, regardless of where the drinkers are from or whether they normally can't drink in their own countries. Drugs may also sometime be involved. 

Bouncers here are like they used to by, IME, in the UK in the late 70"s and 80's. I wouldn't work with some people because I knew they were always spoiling for a chance to give someone a good kicking. Slightest provocation and they were in like a shot. Then things got sorted out. Security staff must now be registered, have first aid training and use restraint techniques. Police will act on in appropriate door staff in the UK. 

As for customers, the worst night was Thursday, the traditional night for stag nights. Groups of men out determined to get boozed up, chase anything in a skirt, and maybe thump a bouncer. All bravado and pack mentality. 

Thais, like some other, have a propensity for completely loosing it if they feel slighted, made to loose face or insulted in some way. The level of violence displayed can be completely disproportionate to the circumstance.

The Brits were refused entry because the door staff thought one was too drunk. Fair enough and they were doing their job. Presumably words were exchanged and the door staff followed the group and seriously assaulted one. Now a police matter. They should have ignored the Brits - they were off the premises and moving away.

Some posts have been deleted . Please remember the forum rules.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

There were two party's involved in this incident certainly not one sided.

10 hours ago, Chapelroad said:

I defy anyone to read last night's Manchester Evening News, Glasgow Herald, Liverpool Echo, Birmingham Mail, and all the other regionalised newspapers in the UK, and you will see this kind of unacceptable violence somewhere in there too.

I am not condoning it, but this crap happens all over the world, but is not reported on Thai Visa unless it happens here.  

Saying that it happens elsewhere means what exactly? That it's okay? That it's not news? What?

Besides, does it happen for the same frivolous reasons as it does in Thailand? Is it ALWAYS a pack of Thai guys assaulting one customer in Thailand. Thai boys NEVER fight alone, EVER! They fight in packs like wolves or they don't fight at all. In fifteen years I've have NEVER seen or read of a Thai boy fighting anyone one on one. Thais will come out of no where to join in on an assault on a foreigner even if they have nothing to do with the altercation. It is the rare exception if they do.

The Thai apologists are pathetic. Quit being so desperate to be accepted in a country that couldn't care less if you live or die. Just live there and accept that Thais will always look at you as a "farang" not a fellow human being. It is how they are raised, you cannot fight the cultural programming. That's why they have no problem committing these assaults. They wouldn't treat a soi dog this poorly.

2 hours ago, mercman24 said:

my stepson is a "doorman" in the UK, he carries small ladies perfume spray, says it works everytime, when the &lt;deleted&gt; get out of hand, and he says, "they don't half smell nice" lol !!

Year ago my mate and a regular work partner used to grab them and give'em a kiss. He looked like Odd-Job from the James Bond film but with hair. 

Most were literally gobsmacked and their mates often fell about laughing. Diffused a lot of situations and took the aggression out of a lot of would be silly boys who drunk too much.

3 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

There was nothibg in the article about these guys having been here 50 years?

In fact, they all look younger than 50 years of age.

Wakey wakey,i am writing about all tourists since the 60's.Or is this an attempt at humour.

2 hours ago, Wazza1 said:

Really, in a country where the main sport is kick boxing they would be too scared one on one against a drunk stupid smelly Pom?

Feel better after your little racist bigoted rant do you?

Now, do some research, it's really easy and simple to do, and you'll see just how often Thais attack in a gang or mob - on other Thais, foreigners, both sexes, pregnant ladies, etc etc. 

I doubt they are all trained practicing Muay Thai experts (it's not kick boxing) or any other martial arts. 

Why this story is particularly relevant to tourism is that Thai authorities need to increase charges where more than one Thai is involved on one individual to more serious  charges of intent to cause grievous bodily harm , (or where head kicks are proven , ) weapon used against the head region , attempted murder.

Currently , Thais are released and/ or small fines applied.
This simply isn't good enough.
It's understandable Thais maybe feel disadvantaged in a fight one on one.
I have yet to see one yet unless they were armed.
But it's no excuse to gang kick a western tourist.

As stated they left.

The apologists who think they know Thailand are at a very basic level of understanding.
As noted Thais would not care if a truck mowed them down .

This debate is largely about extent of force towards the head by a group of men.
It's morally hard defending that.
And the collective hope might be Thai authorities punish.

No one is suggesting they are hooked up to an electric chair.
But a month in the monkey house might teach them to chill.
Even those camps you send the others to might suffice.
But if these guys walk your gonna loose serious money.

So make an example 

1 hour ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Pure apologist nonsense. 

The fact you condone kicking and beating someone with a telescopic truncheon when they are on the ground speaks volumes. 

Father,you must be in cloisters and not in the country we speak of,or you would know,Thailand,Thai Rules is rule number 1.I learnt this a long,long time ago.Many people hark back to laws and rules in their own country,but guess what,your not there,you are here,good and bad.If you can't handle it there are plenty of airports around the place.

29 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

Thais engage in "Street Fighing". Object to win and not

lose face to any Foreign....TIT and that's the way it is!,!

Don't you think this happens in practically any country?

I know in Scotland, if a heap of Thai tourists started to get out of line, they'd be in their place.

It is not just tourists and not just bouncers. Thai's attack in packs at the drop of a hat, usually at least four against one. They think it makes them macho but it is exactly the opposite.  Still TIT and it's what they do. They may like to think that they are hard men but adopt the most cowardly way to gang up on some poor fool. 

16 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

Don't you think this happens in practically any country?

I know in Scotland, if a heap of Thai tourists started to get out of line, they'd be in their place.

Is this the way they do it in Scotland, then?

3 on 1 and kick in the face when already out for the count?

Good to know.

Then maybe that 65-year old Scottish couple who got stomped on a couple months back had it coming. At the time I figurdred smacking down a woman had been in pretty poor taste of those Thai guys.

Cheers

2 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

It is not just tourists and not just bouncers. Thai's attack in packs at the drop of a hat, usually at least four against one. They think it makes them macho but it is exactly the opposite.  Still TIT and it's what they do. They may like to think that they are hard men but adopt the most cowardly way to gang up on some poor fool. 

Seems to me like it was several bouncers versus several Brits. 

Archived