Khao Sarn Road beating: British tourists get compensation, Thai bouncers jail

webfact

Khao Sarn Road beating: British tourists get compensation, Thai bouncers jail

p1.jpg

Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- The Thai bouncers caught on tape in Khao Sarn Road at the weekend beating up some English tourists have lost their jobs and received suspended jail sentences.

While the four British tourists have received 10,000 baht compensation each from the hotel at the centre of the incident, reported Thairath.

The deputy chief of the tourist police and officers from the Chana Songkram station went to inspect the area yesterday after the incident reached many online.

Nithithorn Jintakanon of the Tourist Police revealed the details of the attack that occurred out front of the Buddy Hotel. "The tourists had beer in hand and tried to get into the hotel bar," said Nithithorn. "They were denied entry because of a policy of no drinks from outside.

But they gained access to the toilets and threw beer around the toilets annoying other tourists who were there. The bouncers removed them and an argument developed with swearing in both Thai and English. This led to the attack in the street".

The tourists reported the incident and the two bouncers involved were rounded up. Preecha Pansombun, 30, and Jinanuwat Saidee, 23, both appeared in court and were fined 2,000 baht each and sentenced to two months prison, suspended for one year. Both were sacked by the hotel.

The four tourists, who have plans to stay in Thailand one more week, each received 10,000 baht from the hotel. Two men who suffered injuries to head and body were named as Armando Rodriguez and Shaun Angfreet.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-18

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, webfact said:

But they gained access to the toilets and threw beer around the toilets annoying other tourists who were there.

So it was perfectly ok for the tourists to do this. Not. First they broke the rules of the bar which are reasonable and second acting like spoiled thugs in the toilets. They shouldn't have got one Baht and the bouncers shouldn't have been fired.

Suspended sentence does not mean "got jail". A 2000 baht fine also pathetic under the circumstances.

Also i cast much doubt on the claim the tourists were throwing beer around the bathrooms if they were in fact compensated by the hotel owners.

Its good the men lost their jobs. But its not beyond the realms of possibility they'll take only a couple of days to get another similar position

4 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Story about throwing beer !!made up !!

It might be, easy enough to think they did something to provoke the bouncers though. I doubt they're innocent victims.

Thais will make up the most idiotic lies when they are in the wrong, so the throwing of beer is nonsense because if it were true then not a baht in compensation would have been handed out. 

As for the two bouncers who were caught, the others escape "justice", they will be back at the same hotel next month.

Thai law?  Laws books are found in a Thai library under fantasy.

50 minutes ago, Pimay1 said:

So it was perfectly ok for the tourists to do this. Not. First they broke the rules of the bar which are reasonable and second acting like spoiled thugs in the toilets. They shouldn't have got one Baht and the bouncers shouldn't have been fired.

If it happened at all. This is what Thais and other nationalities often do when they're clearly out of order, they attempt the 'well I done the crime, but only because they done a crime first' ploy.

TiT. The probability is that the truth was something else.

Still, a suspended sentence is a joke. More evidence that the grinding wheel is turning against foreigners as Thailand tries to pretend they are all responsible for Thailand's ills. This clip will get widespread airing across the world. Combined with all the others, there probably isn't any way that Thailand will not reap a bitter harvest no matter what figures TAT come up with.

Winnie

1 hour ago, Pimay1 said:

Agree totally, the tourists were asking for trouble, they got it & why should they be treated as "victims" in all of this?? Should have been deported & treatment of bouncers should be reviewed..

Sounds a lot like drunken tourist with an attitude. Not the first time that I have seen this. The Thais might have gone overboard but the Brits started it.

I am surprised that people think these kind of things don't happen. Drunk people often make trouble nothing new about it. 

2 hours ago, Pimay1 said:

You have absolutely no proof the tourists behaved that way. None whatsoever. Whereas the proof of the beating is on video. Stop defending them.

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

Sounds a lot like drunken tourist with an attitude. Not the first time that I have seen this. The Thais might have gone overboard but the Brits started it.

I am surprised that people think these kind of things don't happen. Drunk people often make trouble nothing new about it. 

Evidence please. Waiting......

21 minutes ago, eggers said:

Agree totally, the tourists were asking for trouble, they got it & why should they be treated as "victims" in all of this?? Should have been deported & treatment of bouncers should be reviewed..

Thais are all innocent, honest, truthful, hard working and highly skilled. And angelic by nature. Everyone knows this. Lots of evidence to support the notion. If you've only been here for 10 minutes, know a special ladyboy or whatever other motivation for living the dream.

Winnie

Whatever the Brits did does not excuse the bouncers following them and then picking on the solitary one and beating and kicking him when down. They soon left when his mates came back.

No way am I condoning the Brits here, and I am English, they probably did cause problems, it is the totally over the top reaction that is my concern. Incidentally as others have said they will no doubt be employed somewhere else very quickly. Suspended sentence is a joke!

As for the throwing beer in the toilets, don't believe it.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Another load of bs.

Bouncers deserved jail time.

Story about throwing beer !!made up !!

If true why did the hotel give compo ??????

Yes. And why would they take drinks from outside and try to enter. Obviously they wanted to throw it at other tourists in the toilets.

Theses clowns are so used to feeding their own population bs and getting away with it, they believe they can fool everyone.

2 minutes ago, Winniedapu said:

Thais are all innocent, honest, truthful, hard working and highly skilled. And angelic by nature. Everyone knows this. Lots of evidence to support the notion. If you've only been here for 10 minutes, know a special ladyboy or whatever other motivation for living the dream.

Winnie

Been here 10 years and you ? 

Has nothing to do with Thais.. nobody is saying they acted correctly. They went overboard that is clear. But it seems the Brit tourists first misbehaved, are you saying that its so unbelievable that drunks are beligirent and aggressive and provoke action ? Not in my book seen them from all nationalities (so if your defending them because your a Brit just stop). Drunk people can be real like <deleted> on steroids (alcohol in this case). Take a normal <deleted>.. ad alcohol and you get an super idiot. There are many people who can't handle their drink and get annoying / aggressive. So yes I buy this story. 

This is not the first time that Thai bouncers have gone overboard (along with a few 'accomplices' who joined in the fun). A little loss of face and a wrong "look" and suddenly the fists and feet start flying. 

9 minutes ago, Winniedapu said:

Winnie

Deep down Thais are most of those things most of the time but are prone to snap without hesitation. No matter who was wrong in this case the low life scum bouncers deserve no sympathy for kicking someone in the head when down.

Nobody likes a drunken pest.... but that is kinda what bars/hotels etc. have to manage as getting people drunk is their reason for existence. The bouncers should know how to manage intoxicated people better as it is the job they are employed to do. Kicking someone while they are on the ground in that situation is far from 'restraining them'.

I'd like to hear more about the 'throwing of beer' as nobody likes to waste alcohol usually - could have just been a drunken spillage? Either way the payment suggests some admission of fault but the bigger issue is simply the TAT's reputation I would guess.

Archived