Khao Sarn Road beating: British tourists get compensation, Thai bouncers jail

webfact

7 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

Bouncers definitely went overboard, but the behavior of the tourists are disgusting, they should never have been rewarded the money and the Hotel should have charged them with something.

Their behaviour was bad (if true), but that's a different issue. You know how Thais are with money. If there was an argument against paying them off, or an excuse for not doing so, do you really think the hotel would have paid them a single baht?

Nope. The payment is an admission of their bouncers wrong-doing, not evidence that a few (allegedly) British hop-heads got rowdy.

Winnie

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, KenKadz said:

1. Thai bouncers, and lady-boys, seem to think they have a *right* to lay hands on another person.

And for some reason, maybe Face, bouncers never call the police for assistance before the violence starts.

People (Thailand - Ministry of Tourism - Bouncers) should understand, once you loose your face it never comes back.

2. Business owners should, by law, be held responsible for the actions of their employees.

Maybe the owners will begin employing more responsible people.

Indeed, Here's a new thought.

Suppose one of the (alleged) Brits pulled out a hand-gun and shot one of the bouncers as many Thais would do under the same circs. How fast do you think the other bouncers would have run away? My bet is the land speed record would have been in danger.

Thailand's great.

Winnioe

2 hours ago, Winniedapu said:

Indeed, Here's a new thought.

Suppose one of the (alleged) Brits pulled out a hand-gun and shot one of the bouncers as many Thais would do under the same circs. How fast do you think the other bouncers would have run away? My bet is the land speed record would have been in danger.

Thailand's great.

Winnioe

Any particular nationality you had in mind during your little "stand still and take a bullet like a man" fantasy?

as Usual , everybody knows that the favorite sport of thai bouncers , which are only qualified for kicking falang when they are 5 or more against one , is  the falang lynching . They should be jailed  for at least one year as example and people hiring this kind of incompetent buffalo staff should be heavily fine.

as Usual , everybody knows that the favorite sport of thai bouncers , which are only qualified for kicking falang when they are 5 or more against one , is  the falang lynching . They should be jailed  for at least one year as example and people hiring this kind of incompetent buffalo staff should be heavily fine.

On 8/19/2016 at 0:23 AM, Bender said:

the thai know, they have free license to assault, rape, kill tourists. They know the thai police will do nothing, and even if they got arrested, they know the consequences will be small. No jail terms or heavy fine. Thats why they keep carrying their crimes against foreigners.

I keep repeating myself, but tell your family, friends, neighbors to avoid this savage country! thailand is a very dangerous country!

Go home then if it is full of savages. As if Britain is any better, you're being flooded with Muzlims and other undesirables, not to mention your pathetic weather.

On 8/18/2016 at 5:10 PM, spidermike007 said:

Again the famous Thai justice system is handing out fines and sentences that will teach the people to behave properly. Another powerful judge. LOL. Who are these guys? Is there a single judge in this country with cajones? A two month suspended sentence, and a $57 dollar fine? What can one even say? Yes, the Brits behaved poorly. But, these bouncers were pretty atrocious in their reaction. They gave these guys a good beatdown, it was caught on camera, there were a dozen witnesses or more, and the only consequence they face is losing their jobs? They probably got another job the next morning. 

This has to be one of the weakest judicial system on earth. It sometimes seems as if every judge in this country is hellbent on making sure nobody learns anything, ever. Another boil on the face of Thai justice. Another story gone viral about beatdowns of foreigners. And another example of how tone deaf the current batch of leaders are, when it comes to tourism. 

The bouncers were thug punks, who ganged up on these guys. Do it like a man and assault them one on one. No, they do the coward group thing, once again. And they get away with it. Once again. 

And the headline is incorrect. It says Thai bouncers jail. Not jail. A suspended sentence is NOT JAIL! 

Maybe Thais and other Asian nations are getting sick of rowdy, disrespectful farang thugs invading their countries. Grow a pair and accept the reality.

Thais tend be more rowdy & disrespectful than tourists would, look at any of the thai nightlife area or hang around a few bus stops or 7/11 long enough .

I'm sure brit behaviour was pour and helped fuel the attack but it pretty unprofessional & although that nothing unusual in thailand it seriously bad security staff behaviour in tourist area.

I also doubt brit behaviour was overly bad as they would of pushed video & witness evidence over paying up & loosing face, if thais part with money & give feeble excuses/evidence you know they guilty as sin of something .

Tourists really need be careful here as fights here all end in serious beating stabbing shooting not couple slaps & some insults . It a dangerous place once involved in trouble & as most have no medical cover it could ruin families lives & not just the individual .

5 minutes ago, BuckBee said:

Thais tend be more rowdy & disrespectful than tourists would, look at any of the thai nightlife area or hang around a few bus stops or 7/11 long enough .

I'm sure brit behaviour was pour and helped fuel the attack but it pretty unprofessional & although that nothing unusual in thailand it seriously bad security staff behaviour in tourist area.

I also doubt brit behaviour was overly bad as they would of pushed video & witness evidence over paying up & loosing face, if thais part with money & give feeble excuses/evidence you know they guilty as sin of something .

Tourists really need be careful here as fights here all end in serious beating stabbing shooting not couple slaps & some insults . It a dangerous place once involved in trouble & as most have no medical cover it could ruin families lives & not just the individual .

This is their country, they can do as they please. You don't see Thais acting like this overseas.

No honour with these people. They will keep hitting so the other person cannot get up. There's no case of he/she being down so you stop attacking.

I met a young girl once at a bar who told me if she get into fight she will keep hitting as hard as she could until the other person can't do anything. Life of death fighting attitude. Maybe that hw it works in the villages;?

5 hours ago, Goonerboy said:

This is their country, they can do as they please. You don't see Thais acting like this overseas.

Of course not. The rich ones cannot buy their way out of trouble as easily as they can here. Let's take a walk over to the bank. All of your problems are solved. We even take credit cards. 

My guess is the average Thai punk would not do too well in an overseas prison. They are not used to fighting one on one. They would be devoid of their punk gang, so they would have to fight on their own. The fights would all last less than 5 seconds. 

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Of course not. The rich ones cannot buy their way out of trouble as easily as they can here. Let's take a walk over to the bank. All of your problems are solved. We even take credit cards. 

My guess is the average Thai punk would not do too well in an overseas prison. They are not used to fighting one on one. They would be devoid of their punk gang, so they would have to fight on their own. The fights would all last less than 5 seconds. 

Although I agree with many that the fight was unfair. I disagree that all Thais are easy to fight one on one. I've had the chance to take a few Thai men on one on one and they're not as easy to beat as you suggest. Most I have boxed with are extremely powerful and very energetic. Especially the small stocky ones. Look out for those. Nope race don't come into play. You can fight or you can't whatever nationality you are.

1 hour ago, Wilsonandson said:

Although I agree with many that the fight was unfair. I disagree that all Thais are easy to fight one on one. I've had the chance to take a few Thai men on one on one and they're not as easy to beat as you suggest. Most I have boxed with are extremely powerful and very energetic. Especially the small stocky ones. Look out for those. Nope race don't come into play. You can fight or you can't whatever nationality you are.

Maybe the definition of fight varies from place to place. Thais are known for fighting if there are overwhelming numbers, but not otherwise, and they got that reputation how? By not being a nation prone to violence at the least provocation? Listen up friend, people are the same everywhere, cultures may be different, and in Thailand the culture predisposes to hair-trigger and feelings of inferiority, a tragic mix in any country.

And the couple of Thais who have assaulted my wife have either been in prison or have had their lives destroyed. And I do mean destroyed; house gone, health gone, land a wasteland, living in a tent, no job, no work, no friends, no money, no prospects, no clue. They fight their way, I fight mine.

Winnie

1 hour ago, Winniedapu said:

Maybe the definition of fight varies from place to place. Thais are known for fighting if there are overwhelming numbers, but not otherwise, and they got that reputation how? By not being a nation prone to violence at the least provocation? Listen up friend, people are the same everywhere, cultures may be different, and in Thailand the culture predisposes to hair-trigger and feelings of inferiority, a tragic mix in any country.

And the couple of Thais who have assaulted my wife have either been in prison or have had their lives destroyed. And I do mean destroyed; house gone, health gone, land a wasteland, living in a tent, no job, no work, no friends, no money, no prospects, no clue. They fight their way, I fight mine.

Winnie

Nice. I love someone who defends their turf. There are lines that one should not cross, in this life. Messing with the spouse is one of them. Good on you. Maybe they learned something? Or maybe not. Up to them. Either way, they got what was coming to them, and they obviously messed with the wrong person. 

12 hours ago, Goonerboy said:

Go home then if it is full of savages. As if Britain is any better, you're being flooded with Muzlims and other undesirables, not to mention your pathetic weather.

goonertboy joined recently to tell us, all farang are bad, all thai are good:whistling:

well thaivisa got one more fake account from the team apologists....

Thailand must be the only country on Earth where allegedly throwing beer on a public toilet floor apparently justifies a vicious and sustained 4-on-1 beating with telescopic truncheons,plus kicks to the head and nether regions instead of an extra USD $10 to the cleaning ladies to clear it up!

Archived