Khao Sarn Road beating: British tourists get compensation, Thai bouncers jail

webfact

6 hours ago, Rob13 said:

'any' is what I meant, they don't deserve mine either though.

dude you are giving the impression that you best  know how to spend other' people's money ........keep your slimy hands in your own pockets when you are around people with a couple dimes to rub together . it would be kinda sad if you got caught with them in a pocket not yours, you would have to find another way to latch up the bar stool seat belt , your hands would be history .

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, mikiea said:

dude you are giving the impression that you best  know how to spend other' people's money ........keep your slimy hands in your own pockets when you are around people with a couple dimes to rub together . it would be kinda sad if you got caught with them in a pocket not yours, you would have to find another way to latch up the bar stool seat belt , your hands would be history .

You think they deserve to be paid ?

7 hours ago, robblok said:

Been here 10 years and you ? 

Has nothing to do with Thais.. nobody is saying they acted correctly. They went overboard that is clear. But it seems the Brit tourists first misbehaved, are you saying that its so unbelievable that drunks are beligirent and aggressive and provoke action ? Not in my book seen them from all nationalities (so if your defending them because your a Brit just stop). Drunk people can be real like <deleted> on steroids (alcohol in this case). Take a normal <deleted>.. ad alcohol and you get an super idiot. There are many people who can't handle their drink and get annoying / aggressive. So yes I buy this story. 

View the video and make a rational decision regarding the behaviour of the bouncers. Bouncers are meant to be trained to deal with drunks of all persuasions rather than kick them in the head when they are alone and unable to defend themselves. You sir are an ass.

Brits/Yanks/Aussies -  seems it's often these farang that create the most drama and often stir up trouble.

Farang should not be rewarded for drunk, disrespectful, belligerent behavior...least of all when theyre in a foreign country.

2 hours ago, Siripon said:

top to bottom, daily,- what do you mean?

wide spread, not just confined to a few small areas and on a few special days - such as days when football matches were held. Football hooligism was a problem in UK but the general public could easily avoid it, which is not the case with foreign tourists in Thailand...anyday, anywhere, anytime the foreigner must be very careful and must be very submissive, or face a brutal assult.

Just now, TSF said:

wide spread, not just confined to a few small areas and on a few special days - such as days when football matches were held. Football hooligism was a problem in UK but the general public could easily avoid it, which is not the case with foreign tourists in Thailand...anyday, anywhere, anytime the foreigner must be very careful and must be very submissive, or face a brutal assult.

I am so sorry that you feel that you must be very submissive everyday everywhere you go in Thailand, I do not suffer from the cowardliness myself but I do remember how it felt when I was a little boy and it wasn't a good feeling, so truly I am sorry for you.

5 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

I am so sorry that you feel that you must be very submissive everyday everywhere you go in Thailand, I do not suffer from the cowardliness myself but I do remember how it felt when I was a little boy and it wasn't a good feeling, so truly I am sorry for you.

I also hope you feel truly sorry for that British woman who got her head kicked in during Songkran at Hua Hin. But of course that was her fault, after all she was just a "guest" in the country and didn't behave in a submissive manner so the savages booted her head in. 

Just now, TSF said:

I also hope you feel truly sorry for that British woman who got her head kicked in during Songkran at Hua Hin. But of course that was her fault, after all she was just a "guest" in the country and didn't behave in a submissive manner so the savages booted her head in. 

Of course I do, I feel sorry for everyone who suffers violence like I feel sorry for those who fear it, perhaps my post did not come across as sincere, but i truly do feel sorry for you, I think it is a largely unfounded fear, but clearly you do not, so you do deserve sympathy as you clearly are suffering from the cowardliness, which is a truly horrible thing to suffer, I know I suffered it as a child, as I already said.

10 hours ago, Rob13 said:

It might be, easy enough to think they did something to provoke the bouncers though. I doubt they're innocent victims.

How can you still manage to miss the point when it's been spelled out so clearly?  Violent retribution by the bouncers IS the issue!  Get a grip here.  A bouncer's job is to simply and with minimal force (and withOUT injury), get the recalcitrant off the premises (and block their return, if necessary).  Assault & battery isn't required for either!  Once that's done, end of story.  Except that this is Thailand, of course.  Anything further rightly belongs in the social media where prospective tourists can read about it, as in this case.   Nobody's saying the Brits were entirely innocent and while I doubt very much that they were, I'm equally dubious of the beer-throwing thing.   But THB 2K and a suspended jail sentence for a possibly felonious assault?  Pathetic.  'Lost their jobs?  Yeah, probably for as long as it takes to walk one or two doors down.  It's not like bouncers are licensed or regulated.   TIT, and here with this episode on their CVs they've no doubt increased their employability.  Topic title misleading (as usual).

1 hour ago, nemrut said:

Brits/Yanks/Aussies -  seems it's often these farang that create the most drama and often stir up trouble.

Farang should not be rewarded for drunk, disrespectful, belligerent behavior...least of all when theyre in a foreign country.

What a load of crap.

Sorry but, these Brits may of been drunk tossers but the jurisdiction line for the bouncers ends at the door.  Throw their <deleted> out into the soi, no problem, but to follow them out into the street to kick and punch them repeatedly? Clearly the bouncers lost the plot and were taking their opportunity to let loose some built up farang aggression on these blokes. 

2,000 Baht and a sacking is not enough for these Thai yobs.

the thai know, they have free license to assault, rape, kill tourists. They know the thai police will do nothing, and even if they got arrested, they know the consequences will be small. No jail terms or heavy fine. Thats why they keep carrying their crimes against foreigners.

I keep repeating myself, but tell your family, friends, neighbors to avoid this savage country! thailand is a very dangerous country!

4 hours ago, marquess said:

If it were the English attacking the Thais I am sure they would have been given stiff jail sentences.  Thai rak Thai again!

If i remember well, last year an elderly Australian was lynched in the same way in phuket. Except the tourist did stab in self defense and killed one of the thai scum.

In spite it was self defense, the thai police did every trick to extract millions baht from the elderly foreigner! I dont know if there is any follow up of this assault?

I'm curious, if a foreigner gave a Thai such a beat down and it was caught on tape, what would the penalty be?

This wasn't on video, but I knew a guy who once defended himself from a pack of Thais in Pattaya. He grabbed a knife off a fruit stand and as they attacked him, he fought back, slashing a few, who also had weapons. Guess who ended up paying for their wounds and compensation? Don't remember the exact amount but I think he shelled out over a million baht between the guys who took a slice. The argument was over a 20b parking fee, where these thugs were just intimidating people to pay them money to park on an open street. 

Pattaya is a crazy place. Seen so much violence there over the years, happy to be out of that zoo.

Regrettably, these ugly incidents cause a lot of damage to Thailand's reputation and its vital tourist business. Worse. it  seems to happen more and more. In most cases video evidence is readily available and it is literally spread around the world in minutes. Also, I never see any such videos from other countries. It is just Thailand where this happens.

Therefore, no matter whether the tourists are in the wrong or not, this kind of thugs must be stopped immediately. There is absolutely no justification for any violence. The police and the courts have a duty to protect both tourists and the Thai people's livelihood. Very harsh and quick prison sentences are the only answer to warn other thugs to desist. A short, suspended prison sentence plus a B 2,000 fine don't do anything to deter this kind of behaviour. Obviously, the details of these sentences are also spread around the world and they don't make a good impression to say the least.

I am hoping that our prime minister (the best prime minister we have ever had) will weigh in and put a quick stop to this evil (and unjust -- see post #  171 !!) behaviour.

14 hours ago, robblok said:

Sounds a lot like drunken tourist with an attitude. Not the first time that I have seen this. The Thais might have gone overboard but the Brits started it.

I am surprised that people think these kind of things don't happen. Drunk people often make trouble nothing new about it. 

it does not matter if the brits started anything...because of their low average IQ they usualy start something all the time..( low IQ ? my experience with them especially the young backpackers - once I need to write a certain word in english a simple word / I am not a native speaker nor beeing in an english school /  and it was important to get the spelling right but no internet at that time no nothing really ...so I went to the street down to chanasongram and the first guys at a market stall that I noticed are native speakers I kindly ask for advice ...they was not drunk, very friendly, good guys but this simple word I had three option about the spelling after I left - NATIVE SPEAKERS FROM ENGLAND !!! )..a securiy guard to get them off premissest by professional attitude only use force if needed and i doses ( if u are in the security industrie u are trained in this ) never ever run after somebody to kick his head when on the ground they where outside already away from the door....

9 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Brits: Armando Rodriguez and Shaun Angfreet, did anyone check their passports? Sound more like Euro-trash to me.

Lowlifes wherever they are from.

Kick them out...

Thug/Bouncers got what they deserved too, you don't kick people in the head when they are down.

:wai2:

May we know what your hiso name is?

Thais usually don't ever target foreigners. Simply because there was no reason to. If you watch any of the incidents, even the one in May this year, after the beating no one attempted to steal or loot anything, money wasn't the incentive. 

I can't imagine a scenario where a Thai would pick a fight first. I mean their English isn't great, so what would be the point. Thais may provoke fellow thais because they are able to say things that would upset one another, but in the case of Foreigners, very unlikely. Every fight I have seen stems from an altercation of some sort between the individuals. 

What we know is, the Brits giving the middle finger is a fact. From what I said above it is unlikely Thais would provoke them. Brits don't just throw middle fingers around willy nilly. So in otherwords the Thais may have done something that the Brtis considered it was worthy of the middle finger. Since it is unlikely that the Thais would start anything themselves, it is likely that the Brits were annoyed by something the Thais did in RESPONSE, say for example:

Brits wanted to enter the bar, the Thais denied it. The Brits were annoyed and threw the middle finger. - This seems very likely. 

As far as the bathroom incident is concerned. It is not entirely an impossibility given that people who are in Khaosan road at night, 90% of them are drunk out of their heads. No one goes to Khaosan road to see the culture. Bouncers there worked there long enough to know that drunks are drunks, and they probably have dealt with many of them. A middle finger or two may or may not set things off. What I am trying to say is, it is possible that the Brits did something that was beyond what was considered acceptable even taking into account that they were drunk. I.e the bathroom incident. 

In relation to why the Brits got compensation, it should not be presume that merely someone receives compensation they are innocent. Rather, the wrong doer (the bouncer in this case) cannot excuse the assault on the basis of provocation, it simply doesn't work like that. Otherwise revenge killing would be legal. So even if the Brits were the one who initiated the incident, the bouncers were still in the wrong for assaulting them, that is why they receieved compensation. That doesn't change the fact that the Brits may have behaved in a way which provoke the Thais. Provocation is not illegal, nor is it an excuse to break the law. Now, it is also the fact that Thailand wanted to show how accommodating they are to foreigners, which lead to the compensation. Similar to how people mistake apology to an admittance of guilt. Not necessarily. 

18 hours ago, Rob13 said:

Not so sure about this. They definitely went over board. But the Brits don't deserve my money, that's for sure.

Sure where English looking at their names? I agree they where drunk and with their little bit of baht for hols thinking they can do what they want.Dont mess with Thais it's never one on one. In living here for 5 years and coming to Thai for over 30 I have only ever seen 3 fights all with drunk tourists. Show respect and you will have no problem.

8 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

I wouldn't want to be the next drunken Brit that starts a fight with Thai bouncers.

Brits were 80 metres down the street from the bar property.

The Thai bodyguards elected to leave their posts and run down the street to confront the departed Brits.

Perhaps, your post should read: 

"I wouldn't want to be the next drunken Brit to be assaulted by Thai bouncers (thugs)."

Love all your comments, no doubt most of them all have a bit of truth in them.

The bouncers no doubt went overboard but their adrenalin  was no doubt raised  by two drunk idiot hooligans 

who would not see reason as to why they could not bring outside drinks into the joint & proceeded to 

paint the toilet with the outside beer as a protest & then walked away followed & accosted by the brutes with

their heckles raised.

Get the bouncers to pay for any medical, give them a good talking to & tell the Farangs any more confrontation 

& you are on the first plane home

3 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Love all your comments, no doubt most of them all have a bit of truth in them.

The bouncers no doubt went overboard but their adrenalin  was no doubt raised  by two drunk idiot hooligans 

who would not see reason as to why they could not bring outside drinks into the joint & proceeded to 

paint the toilet with the outside beer as a protest & then walked away followed & accosted by the brutes with

their heckles raised.

Get the bouncers to pay for any medical, give them a good talking to & tell the Farangs any more confrontation 

& you are on the first plane home

Agree if only the bouncers were not kicking the guys head.

They were a bit too blood thirsty to not suffer some greater punishment.

1. Thai bouncers, and lady-boys, seem to think they have a *right* to lay hands on another person.

And for some reason, maybe Face, bouncers never call the police for assistance before the violence starts.

People (Thailand - Ministry of Tourism - Bouncers) should understand, once you loose your face it never comes back.

2. Business owners should, by law, be held responsible for the actions of their employees.

Maybe the owners will begin employing more responsible people.

6 hours ago, bobby2 said:

Sure where English looking at their names? I agree they where drunk and with their little bit of baht for hols thinking they can do what they want.Dont mess with Thais it's never one on one. In living here for 5 years and coming to Thai for over 30 I have only ever seen 3 fights all with drunk tourists. Show respect and you will have no problem.

bobby2  joined 6 hours ago.....:coffee1: 

these thai apologists multiply themselves quickly!

Archived