Thai tourists blamed for messy behavior - not setting a good example to foreigners

webfact

3 minutes ago, kannot said:

I dont live on a beach, my Wife doesnt live with me, i do my own cleaning so?

• "Staff whipping pompous ass member...with uppity Thai wife"

Your avatar - not mine! However if you do your own cleaning and you walk around the house with your shoes on, you're welcome to your cleaning job as sand isn't just found on a beach!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, uptheos said:

I wouldn't tread shit into my house, so I won't tread it into a temple.

Do you tread shit into your house then?

i dont tread in shit, so  when their shoes come off and they wander in to the temple the distance from shoes off to inside the temple is what ......1mm???????? polished cleaned daily or every minute, its a total farce the  floor will be covered in crap anyway whether they are barefoot  or  not, dread to think whats on some of those bare feet.

Yes I dont take my shoes off in my house, your welcome to come in shoes and all as long as its not MUD on the bottom, Ill take em off when its wet but cleaning a tiled floor is easy, different if we are talking carpet but dont see many temples with carpet, heaven forbid I bet they sweep the ruddy floor  daily anyway.

17 minutes ago, sambum said:

• "Staff whipping pompous ass member...with uppity Thai wife"

Your avatar - not mine! However if you do your own cleaning and you walk around the house with your shoes on, you're welcome to your cleaning job as sand isn't just found on a beach!

Guess you aint heard of "doormats"?

All any one has to do is drive through just about anywhere in the country to see the trash around the houses.  Rarely does one see an area where all the trash is piled some distance from the house.  If there is a trash pile it is near the house and a mess otherwise just stuff scattered around the property.

3 minutes ago, Trouble said:

All any one has to do is drive through just about anywhere in the country to see the trash around the houses.  Rarely does one see an area where all the trash is piled some distance from the house.  If there is a trash pile it is near the house and a mess otherwise just stuff scattered around the property.

most houses by me are  pretty crappy like this, plastic  bottles paper all sorts of old crap lying in piles waiting to be reycled but  never getting there, gawd  knows whats  hiding in amongst it all, snakes rats?

21 minutes ago, kannot said:

Guess you aint heard of "doormats"?

Sand it aint,its DUST and most dust is produced by..............Human skin shedding, guess youll be wanting to seal yerself in plastic next

I wa s given that name by another member, I think its hilarious

Yes, heard of doormats, in fact got 3, but the "dust" that comes off my sandals is not shed human skin, I assure you - there's probably quite a bit of that in my bed, but certainly not the kind of stuff that if you want to be pernickety about it, we can call  gravel.

And your "guess" about "sealing myself in plastic" and your other comments about temples being swept daily (anyway!) implies that I "guess" I wouldn't want to be eating off your floors!

P.S. Your avatar is quite funny, but I wouldn't say hilarious!

6 hours ago, sandrabbit said:

My wife and her brother will sit outside in the garden and remove the seal from a water bottle and throw it on the ground, it just comes natural to them. The local beach looks like a disaster zone after a holiday although the council has provided rubbish bins all the way up the beach and collect the rubbish regularly.

Ive seen  Thai piss on the grass at a PTT petrol station when the toilets were no more than 20 yards away...............sometimes i really wonder what goes on the their heads

Earth shaking news. Sunglasses, backpacks and caps. What a load of tripe. If this is all the news you can report please do not send me any more of your rubbish. This is now stupid! Do you have an editor? A sub editor? Someone who overseas this trite? If you do he should be fired - with loss of face. If you do not have one then you should bloody well get one!!!!!

Just now, sambum said:

Yes, heard of doormats, in fact got 3, but the "dust" that comes off my sandals is not shed human skin, I assure you - there's probably quite a bit of that in my bed, but certainly not the kind of stuff that if you want to be pernickety about it, we can call  gravel.

And your "guess" about "sealing myself in plastic" and your other comments about temples being swept daily (anyway!) implies that I "guess" I wouldn't want to be eating off your floors!

oh u could eat off them except.....my Wife cant cook and aint here often , it may be a shock to you but you know those stupid brushes the Thais use..well I aint got anyas they just flick dust around but I do have "Henry" in fact 2  Henrys, yes it  sucks  better than a Thai  hooker on yaba I hauled them here from the UK as Thai vacs proved pretty crap.

Now lets  move to doormats.again Thai mats are cheap plastic  crap and all but useless, cotton ones  however are way better here they are . Now let me know when your e popping round as I dont eat off the floors  like Thais do;)

Ever go into a  Thai house after taking your shoes off and then look round at the filthy black light fittings and surrounds and terribly dirty paintwork especially where they have cleaned the dust free floor  daily with a mop leaving a nice black tide mark where the skirting boards should be except they never fitted any.

s-l1600.jpg

10 minutes ago, sambum said:

and you probably spend 8 hours in that bed, 8 hours of dust:lol:

2 hours ago, balo said:

Most Thais keep their homes clean but forget about the trash outside,  so Thais do look after their own house and take care of their personal body hygiene.  

What is outside their own door is not so important. 

what ive noticed is though they may sweep and mop a floor  daily, when you get down to it its a thick layer of grime only something like CIF scouring cream will cut through, the cleaning is superficial, run your finger nail down the next floor you come across.

Sadly it is an aspect of  Thai attitude inmany cases although  not  all. The  absence of any education at primary level of the well  known impact of pollution by litter seems lost to the  idea  that  someone  will be employed to   clear it thus littering is providing a public service employment  opportunity ! Well,  maybe.

Perhaps an idea would be  to have large signs on  rubbish bins which  say.... In it,  not  At  it    you  lazy  moron!  :gigglem:

12 minutes ago, Graemej100 said:

Earth shaking news. Sunglasses, backpacks and caps. What a load of tripe. If this is all the news you can report please do not send me any more of your rubbish. This is now stupid! Do you have an editor? A sub editor? Someone who overseas this trite? If you do he should be fired - with loss of face. If you do not have one then you should bloody well get one!!!!!

u get my post of the day award.........that alone should be worthy of "breaking news" though I suspect "breaking wind" would be more newsworthy

8 hours ago, dictater said:

The most understated story of all times. I have yet to see in 15 years foreigners wantonly throwing garbage into rivers and lakes. Rubbish on forest paths in the national parks. Food litter wherever they stop and snack, which is everywhere. I have never seen foreigners in Thailand throw bags of trash out the windows of cars and trains or discard thier 7/ll fat gulp over their shoulder as they ride a motorbike. All of this is normal common behavior among Thai people.  I live in the once beautiful Kanchanaburi river valley which now as one of the #1 weekend destinations for Bankokians is being covered in trash by the selfish, absurdly dressed, afraid of everything white skinned dossier who pack the province every Saturday and Sunday. The locals are no better for litter but they don't go to the nature spots to spread their refuse.  

They should kick all the Thais out of the area and let the foreigners take charge. The foreigners know correct standards of behavior 

5 hours ago, louse1953 said:

If i see a particularly bad episode of rubbish disposal,i let them know.I ask them do they love Thailand and the answer is always yes.I say"no you don't or you wouldn't throw rubbish everywhere".No reply and no pickup either but maybe they will think about it,maybe.

The naughty scamps...lucky there is a nosey foreigner around to witness their behavior and give them a right patronising dressing down 

2 hours ago, kannot said:

oh u could eat off them except.....my Wife cant cook and aint here often , it may be a shock to you but you know those stupid brushes the Thais use..well I aint got anyas they just flick dust around but I do have "Henry" in fact 2  Henrys, yes it  sucks  better than a Thai  hooker on yaba I hauled them here from the UK as Thai vacs proved pretty crap.

Now lets  move to doormats.again Thai mats are cheap plastic  crap and all but useless, cotton ones  however are way better here they are . Now let me know when your e popping round as I dont eat off the floors  like Thais do;)

Ever go into a  Thai house after taking your shoes off and then look round at the filthy black light fittings and surrounds and terribly dirty paintwork especially where they have cleaned the dust free floor  daily with a mop leaving a nice black tide mark where the skirting boards should be except they never fitted any.

s-l1600.jpg

"Guess you aint heard of "doormats"?

Sand it aint,its DUST and most dust is produced by..............Human skin shedding, guess youll be wanting to seal yerself in plastic next"

Sounds like you're really happy here! 

First of all you're ridiculing me for not wearing shoes in the house, and sarcastically advising me to wrap myself in plastic to protect myself from human skin shedding, and the next thing you are vilifying everything Thai -  from the people and their dirty houses to the standards of their cleaning equipment. Sounds like you should be the one wrapping yourself in plastic, mate!

Anyway, all this personal criticism is getting way off topic, and I am not going to get into an argument with you about MY personal eating habits or sleeping habits, or YOUR relationship with your 2 Henry's and the fact that your wife "ain't there much", so :mfr_closed1:

9 hours ago, hocuspocus said:

Just an observation I have noticed that a lot of Thais are very messy (ok probably some tourists as well) and I think they believe that there is always someone of a lower class (in the multi level Thai society) to clean up after them.

Yes, usually some Cambodian or Burmese.... a Thai walk 5 meters to put their rubbish in the bin when it is the job of one of those 'things' to do so...... must be joking, don't you know how special and superior the Thai are.

9 hours ago, balo said:

Most Thais keep their homes clean but forget about the trash outside,  so Thais do look after their own house and take care of their personal body hygiene.  

What is outside their own door is not so important. 

What I observe on a daily basis is Thais sweeping their house out onto the street outside. They just move the muck around. Never get rid of it.

https://www.facebook.com/DirtyThailand/

Read a few comments here about give them time and they will learn. Well I have; 30 years of time and they just get worse. More of them, more money, more cars, more motorbikes, more phones, more mess and less sense.

14 hours ago, Pepper1959 said:

Go to a major temple in India and there is always a guy who is responsible for the shoes. You will pay him say, in Thai, a baht and he maintains the shoes in order, and of course stops them being stolen. The great thing about these guys is that with the huge population he never forgets the person and which shoes go together, a fantastic skill. 

But step outside that temple and it is a disgraceful rubbish dump.India is an example of what Thailand could become.

10 hours ago, NickJ said:

How would they know any better? Who is there to teach them about anything? The auto industry teaches them how to drive from adverts.  The mobile phone industry teaches them how to be oblivious.  Thais are proud of there littering capacity I would surmise. 

They soon wake up when they travel or migrate to Oz.It is utter laziness that becomes a habit.Not hard to change with a bit of education in schools and via media.

15 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Please quit about the old days. Your taking me out my delusional state of mind I am in in the here and now and making me long for the good old days. How dare you. You have just gone and stirred up memories of happier times without computers, self driving cars and robots. Will someone please hurry and invent a time machine.

Signed Nostalgia 

If you get your time machine, don't forget to take the modern meds which are keeping you alive with you.

15 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Please quit about the old days. Your taking me out my delusional state of mind I am in in the here and now and making me long for the good old days. How dare you. You have just gone and stirred up memories of happier times without computers, self driving cars and robots. Will someone please hurry and invent a time machine.

Signed Nostalgia 

If you get your time machine, don't forget to take the modern meds which are keeping you alive with you.

Archived