Thai tourists blamed for messy behavior - not setting a good example to foreigners

webfact

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, hocuspocus said:

Just an observation I have noticed that a lot of Thais are very messy (ok probably some tourists as well) and I think they believe that there is always someone of a lower class (in the multi level Thai society) to clean up after them.

Chinese ancestors its in the blood the are messy by default 

I live in Jomtien Beach and am witness to Thai people coming for the weekend. They park their vehicles by the beach, open the doors and turn up the volume full blast. They spread out mats on the walkway and plop themselves down with food and drink. The eat, drink and enjoy then pack up and leave all their garbage behind. Plastic bags, food containers, bottles, ... even when there is a garbage bin a few steps away!

They seem to have no regard for anyone else. Foreigners are much more concerned about leaving the area as they found it or even cleaner, but not Thais!

I wonder what they would think if I followed them home, set up my mats and car stereo and proceeded to enjoy myself then left all my garbage behind!!

Stop to produce all this plastic rubbish ,

when I buy a box of cookies now every single cookie is seperatly packed in plastic .

At least they should produce biodegradable packings , they have all it takes to do this , but they don't !

On 19/08/2016 at 1:13 PM, 55Jay said:

Oh dear, a "shoe sweeping" incident.

When we get a load of family visitors up from BKK during holidays, they walk right out of their sandals up onto the patio.  I let them know to simply shift the shoes to the right or left a bit to leave a path.  It's like talking to a brick wall. 

By day 2, I just kick all the shoes out of way into a heap a few times a day. 

I fling them into the garden. They either pickup on the idea of not leaving them in the way, or don't come visit anymore. Guess which I prefer?

I have travelled all over Thailand with my Thai family and I have watched other Thai

people around us, make an effort to keep the parks and public clean.  I have seen a few

Thais and also Farangs in Bangkok  and other cities, behave badly and throw their garbage

down on the sidewalks, instead of using the bins and containers that are near by.  I have seen

Foreigners on a lot of the Thai beaches, act like pigs as well, and expect the Thai people

who are working at the beach areas, pick up after them. My belief is that there are people all over the world who are decent, and those who are slobs and act like that, leaving their garbage

behind, due to laziness, or arrogance , or both. As for Bantax, .. or ALLSEEING EYE.. what part of Canada are you from, because in Calgary, I have seen many people throw garbage and cigarette butts from their cars, and pickups and no one says a word. Especially in parks and

the stampede grounds, I have seen many slobs and pigs, who think that "Oh there is clean up staff here, I will just be lazy and toss my junk". Our country should not be considered

any better than anywhere until our jerks are cleaner.

Geezer

On 19 สิงหาคม 2559 at 3:18 PM, hocuspocus said:

Just an observation I have noticed that a lot of Thais are very messy (ok probably some tourists as well) and I think they believe that there is always someone of a lower class (in the multi level Thai society) to clean up after them.

I think they believe that there is always someone of a lower class (in the multi level Thai society) to clean up after them.

LOL. In my household that'd be me. I have now gone on strike and just leave their mess where they left it.

On 8/20/2016 at 11:28 AM, Thunderbirds20 said:

I live in Jomtien Beach and am witness to Thai people coming for the weekend. They park their vehicles by the beach, open the doors and turn up the volume full blast. They spread out mats on the walkway and plop themselves down with food and drink. The eat, drink and enjoy then pack up and leave all their garbage behind. Plastic bags, food containers, bottles, ... even when there is a garbage bin a few steps away!

This is all a part of the Thai culture , someone else will pick up the trash , eventually , or maybe the dogs will have a feast . Accept it or go home I guess. 

On 8/19/2016 at 3:03 PM, Oishii said:

Being disabled with poor balance, I get extremely p*ssed off with people leaving their shoes right outside the entrance to anywhere you take your shoes off: temple, clinic, house, restaurant, etc, etc, etc.  I normally kick them out of the way to make a clear path for myself.  I've never had anyone complain.

There's a first time for everything. I'd recommend that you not push your luck on that " clear path for myself" score. Thais (menfolk in particular) are a very temperamental, reactionary people, at the slightest provocation. It's wise to ignore the petty Thai cultural nuances, while enjoying a "headache-free" stay on Thai turf. Good morning, sir!:coffee1:

On 8/19/2016 at 11:26 AM, kannot said:

Ive got a  really good  idea..................why not just leave  your shoes on?

On 8/19/2016 at 11:26 AM, kannot said:

Ive got a  really good  idea..................why not just leave  your shoes on?

and clean the floor more frequently

On 8/19/2016 at 1:15 PM, uptheos said:

I wouldn't tread shit into my house, so I won't tread it into a temple.

Do you tread shit into your house then?

I tend not to walk on shit and if I did I wouldn't walk it into my house or a temple thanks.

Archived