BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

Brutal murder of German in Samui goes unpunished two years after the event

This is indeed  a disturbing case. It appears Samui is a law unto itself. There are other cases that are suspect and from what I have read the Immigration Department also operates outside the standard. The German government should file a formal protest directly to the Thai government and demand action.  

5 hours ago, thai3 said:

Unbelievable, a new low for the Thai 'justice' system, can't get wore than this.

a "blow" is something you feel, it hurts, it shames you ... a justice machinery, however, does not have feelings and a real person inside that mechanism (a judge etc.) could not care less

5 hours ago, thai3 said:

Unbelievable, a new low for the Thai 'justice' system, can't get wore than this.

Not so sure this is the low for Thailand or Koh Samui:  I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, tomwct said:

The German Embassy should issue a No Travel Warning to Thailand until resolved!

More. Make it illegal for Germans to visit or do business with Thailand, and ban Thai airlines from flying to Germany and German airlines from flying to Thailand. That might get their attention.

The easiest and most powerful way to force the Police to handle their reports over to the courts is the INTERNET!!

Keep publishing and sharing this story on FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
Soon the Thai authorities will take action out of fear of losing their tourist $$$$.
And this at ZERO cost.
No expensive lawyers or courts.

8 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

The easiest and most powerful way to force the Police to handle their reports over to the courts is the INTERNET!!

Keep publishing and sharing this story on FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
Soon the Thai authorities will take action out of fear of losing their tourist $$$$.
And this at ZERO cost.
No expensive lawyers or courts.

It does not matter as long as it's not in Thai script.

Thai authorities don't read English websites.

6 hours ago, thai3 said:

Yes they can and do on a daily basis....

I am always amazed at the flippant comments made by foreigners on a topic like this.

I have read about other similar cases, one being an unarmed Canadian shot dead  in a bar in Pai

by an off duty policeman and similar ending to above German.

Point is, an ending like this  can easily happen to any foreigner yet you stay here and play

Russian roulette with your lives.  

4 hours ago, tomwct said:

The German Embassy should issue a No Travel Warning to Thailand until resolved!

yeah! that will really help and change everything...

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Police are all murderers here. They all play a part, one way or the other.

I'm thinking it would take about 300,000 troops to invade Thailand and replace the police and military.

then a five year period of executing anyone found guilty of corruption. 

Then 20 years of completely new schools replacing all the teachers, teaching English, math, logic, engineering, computer science.

and of course driving schools, new building and electrical codes...

That would give you the Thailand you want to live in but it is their country and they like it just the way it is, corruption and all.  

Ex-pats choose to live in Thailand and many accept that they are in a pretty lawless, corrupt and dangerous country.  Why should Thailand alter to suit the western lifestyle and their morality.  One more time "embrace it or leave because you will never change it"

12 minutes ago, koolkarl said:

I am always amazed at the flippant comments made by foreigners on a topic like this.

I have read about other similar cases, one being an unarmed Canadian shot dead  in a bar in Pai

by an off duty policeman and similar ending to above German.

Point is, an ending like this  can easily happen to any foreigner yet you stay here and play

Russian roulette with your lives.  

unarmed people get shot, and shot dead, every day in the us. and?

4 hours ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...and what about the German government and embassy....???

...and the international community....???

foreign embassies tend to stay out of things like this and i dont know why. i can imagine it would be difficult dealing with thai authorities and maybe they just dont bother any more after trying before without getting results.