Ref Watch 2016/2017

Chicog

Mike Dean is runaway leader in the howlers department.

An iffy penalty for Citeh against Stoke (but it was Shawcross so I don't mind) followed by turning down a nailed-on cert for Stoke.

After his Leicester shenanigans you'd have thought he would have upped his game, but it seems he's after that title...

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Nailed on penalty for Shawcross. Missed the one on Allen. The pen on Sterling was absurd.

You say that but I don't know what feed you watched.

On the reverse angles, Gray rightly pointed out that the Citeh attacker had an equal handful of Shawcross's shirt, which Dean could not have seen from where he was standing.

10 minutes ago, Chicog said:

You say that but I don't know what feed you watched.

On the reverse angles, Gray rightly pointed out that the Citeh attacker had an equal handful of Shawcross's shirt, which Dean could not have seen from where he was standing.

Didn't see that feed but Dean missing something would not be surprising.

OTOH not much complaining from Shawcross. He looked the picture of guilt to me.

Shawcross pulling on Otamendi was well spotted and a nail on pen

'Stoke should have had a pen when Allen got fouled

The Sterling pen for blocking Shawcross was Dean trying to even it up for missing the earlier one IMO.

All in all though, I'm glad they are trying to address this shirt pulling from corners

Funny how we all see things differently.Watch the replay Sterling not once in that encounter looked where the ball was as all he was just trying was to prevent Shawcross getting the ball by placing his hands and pushing, and that gentlemen is a penalty for obstruction (see rule book)

I am glad that at least one referee is going to stop this nonsense of pushing,wrestling ,shirt holding  and its not just from corners its at every free kick near the box       We will see more goal opportunities.Balance that out with Dean not giving the right decision with Allen it was a nailed on foul.

Last season Skrtel and Smalling were probably the worst of many offenders.Skrtel has gone and Smalling may well give away  a penalty that costs United a game unless he wakes up. It would be interesting to know if the refs have visited the sheds before th games and explained what thay are coming down on this season, with several translators of course !

No one,s mentioned Clattenberg's decision to deny Leicester a pen in the 87th min when Bellerin tripped

up Musa, looked liked a def pen, even Lee Dixon commentated on Astro said it was,  Ranieri had words with Clattenberg as he was walking off at the end of the game.

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

Funny how we all see things differently.Watch the replay Sterling not once in that encounter looked where the ball was as all he was just trying was to prevent Shawcross getting the ball by placing his hands and pushing, and that gentlemen is a penalty for obstruction (see rule book)

In the replay it was Shawcross who laid hands on Sterling first and pushed him. As for obstruction. That'd be like saying a fly landing on my head stopped me crossing the road. Shawcross didn't even feel him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbvHAzEMOP4

1 hour ago, sotsira said:

No one,s mentioned Clattenberg's decision to deny Leicester a pen in the 87th min when Bellerin tripped

up Musa, looked liked a def pen, even Lee Dixon commentated on Astro said it was,  Ranieri had words with Clattenberg as he was walking off at the end of the game.

He deliberately moved his left leg across the back of his right to force contact with Bellerin.

Seen them given though.

I think Sterling was trying was to prevent Shawcross getting the ball. I think Sterling had no effect on Shawcross. Technically a penalty for obstruction, but come on, that was a weak one - was he levelling up his earlier decision given to City for a pen and for the penalty not given...I think he was.

From a City perspective, what was Stirling doing anywhere their big man. Put him on a post or up field for a breakaway.

Referees are already affecting the Premier League with their bias and incompetence.

Just what does Costa actually have to do to get sent off?

You could see ex referee  Webb on BT Sport squirming in his seat as he attempted to defend yesterdays abysmal ref performances.

Confirming as I said earler we all see things differently,even in a "neutrals" game.What we do what do see is the rules applied as they are written,or change them.

I for one am sick of the wrestling and players laying their hands on the opposition. Nobody want see a non physical game but it spoils the game as a spectacle and its simply cheating. This gets back again to why doesn't the referees body make public the way they see the game and how the rkles WILL be applied.What we want and the players is consistency.

46 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Confirming as I said earler we all see things differently,even in a "neutrals" game.What we do what do see is the rules applied as they are written,or change them.

I for one am sick of the wrestling and players laying their hands on the opposition. Nobody want see a non physical game but it spoils the game as a spectacle and its simply cheating. This gets back again to why doesn't the referees body make public the way they see the game and how the rkles WILL be applied.What we want and the players is consistency.

As Really Interesting Owen pointed out, the angle at which the Leicester player's foot was kicking the ball did not match its trajectory.  So he thought Koscielny must have got something  on it.

The ref had a decent view.

The shirt pulling can easily be stopped by simply forcing all players to wear padded mittens.

*snigger*

On 20/08/2016 at 10:57 PM, Chicog said:

Jon Moss let Costa off the hook again.

Costa stayed on to score the winner again.

ridiculous reffing both matches that. they've been told to crack down on infringements at corners but not on the serial cheat costa apparently. 

Bob Madley today was giving away cheap free kicks and handing out soft yellows against Liverpool. Reacting to the crowds call, and I think we should of had a second penalty and the second goal should have stood. Weak refereeing performance. 

Ref was terrible, Mane should have got sent off for committing two fouls after his booking, Spurs should have had a pen for Matip impeding Jansen , all the ref got right was booking a couple of Liverpool players under the new rules of dissent etc.

Archived