Ref Watch 2016/2017

Chicog

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Aguero incident:
"a new video emerged that appears to show he made no contact with Winston Reid"

Watched this video lots of times. It's taken from almost behind the ref and would be similar to the view the ref had. Looks like the ref had a clear view of the incident. Not convinced that Aguero throws his arm maliciously, looks more like two players jostling for balance and control of the other. Does Agueros elbow connect? If anything connects looks more like his wrist. But does anything connect?
What do you see?

http://metro.co.uk/2016/08/29/sergio-aguero-could-escape-ban-as-new-video-suggests-he-may-have-made-no-contact-with-winston-reid-6097453/

Proof that old BB watches a different game to everyone else :D

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Aguero incident:
"a new video emerged that appears to show he made no contact with Winston Reid"

Watched this video lots of times. It's taken from almost behind the ref and would be similar to the view the ref had. Looks like the ref had a clear view of the incident. Not convinced that Aguero throws his arm maliciously, looks more like two players jostling for balance and control of the other. Does Agueros elbow connect? If anything connects looks more like his wrist. But does anything connect?
What do you see?

http://metro.co.uk/2016/08/29/sergio-aguero-could-escape-ban-as-new-video-suggests-he-may-have-made-no-contact-with-winston-reid-6097453/

Now he's making the rules up himself :facepalm:It doesn't have to connect ! intent is enough :)

Now i'm not one to blow my own trumpet but i didn't i give this as a solution a few months ago ? 

Video refereeing will be trialled for the first time in an international match, during the friendly between Italy and France on September 1 in Bari, FIFA announced on Friday.

An extra assistant referee on the sidelines will be able to communicate with the on-pitch referee during the game.

This means the assistant referees viewing video images will be in communication with the referee, without interrupting the game for replays.

4 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Now i'm not one to blow my own trumpet but i didn't i give this as a solution a few months ago ? 

Video refereeing will be trialled for the first time in an international match, during the friendly between Italy and France on September 1 in Bari, FIFA announced on Friday.

An extra assistant referee on the sidelines will be able to communicate with the on-pitch referee during the game.

This means the assistant referees viewing video images will be in communication with the referee, without interrupting the game for replays.

go ahead and blow yourself Alfie, good news! 

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 9:16 AM, alfieconn said:

Now he's making the rules up himself :facepalm:It doesn't have to connect ! intent is enough :)

3 game ban for Aguero.Why City would appeal is beyond me. There was clear  intent and contact across the throat. Winston Reid  could hardly breathe.                                            Reid,a Kiwi, is a hard man, justice has been done. He wont do it again.

2 hours ago, Sparkles said:

3 game ban for Aguero.Why City would appeal is beyond me. There was clear  intent and contact across the throat. Winston Reid  could hardly breathe.                                            Reid,a Kiwi, is a hard man, justice has been done. He wont do it again.

Well bb always see's a different game to everybody else, now it appears the Hierarchy  also see things different to everyone else, so can only put down to being a City thing  :lol:

I am sure that if you contested a charge...and lost... that the standard 3 game ban was added to by another game or two must be different rules for City then...interesting to see what happens when other charges are contested as the season rolls on.

Double standards

There was clear  intent and contact across the throat. Winston Reid  could hardly breathe. 

Please. You gotta show me a piccie where Aguero made even minimal contact with his throat. If he's claiming he could hardly breathe he's conning everyone. Aguero was stupid to throw his elbow but come on, don't make stuff up

Interesting how the first couple of posters to mention the 3 game ban are United fans. Is that a sigh of relief for you guys? Maybe running scared

Hard men don't drop like sacks of spuds from glancing elbows.

not a good thing for United this, Fellaini will be in the docks next round now. 

Just now, MrRed said:

I am sure that if you contested a charge...and lost... that the standard 3 game ban was added to by another game or two must be different rules for City then...interesting to see what happens when other charges are contested as the season rolls on.

Double standards

Give over with the conspiracy theories. The FA have showed no favouritism to City......ever. In fact. the ref claiming he didn't see anything when he was in a clear line of sight, allowed the use of retrospective video. He could have got away with it if the ref said he saw the incident but didn't deem it a booking offence at the time. Instead the ref chose the option that allowed the FA to do retrospective punishment. 

"if you contested a charge...and lost...Double standards".

Give over.

The rules allow a charge to be appealed/contested.

Aguero/City appealed/contested the charge.

The risk of an appeal is it being deemed 'frivolous' and an extra game being added on.

What Aguero's/City's appeal was based on we don't know, perhaps
The FA didn't agree with Aguero/City appealing/contesting the charge, but they obviously saw something in the appeal NOT to deem it frivalous. Maybe it was the video below which shows it's not clear if Aguero 'throws' an elbow or indeed if Aguero's elbow connects (if anything connects looks more like his wrist). http://metro.co.uk/2016/08/29/sergio-aguero-could-escape-ban-as-new-video-suggests-he-may-have-made-no-contact-with-winston-reid-6097453/

Aguero received a ban. Would have preferred no ban. We're certainly used to playing without Aguero.

Move on.

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Give over with the conspiracy theories. The FA have showed no favouritism to City......ever. In fact. the ref claiming he didn't see anything when he was in a clear line of sight, allowed the use of retrospective video. He could have got away with it if the ref said he saw the incident but didn't deem it a booking offence at the time. Instead the ref chose the option that allowed the FA to do retrospective punishment. 

Of cause the ref isn't going to say that he saw the incident cos it then makes him look a complete idiot for not doing anything about it at the time !

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Please. You gotta show me a piccie where Aguero made even minimal contact with his throat. If he's claiming he could hardly breathe he's conning everyone. Aguero was stupid to throw his elbow but come on, don't make stuff up

Interesting how the first couple of posters to mention the 3 game ban are United fans. Is that a sigh of relief for you guys? Maybe running scared

So you know more than the committee that gave him the ban, 2 experienced players and a referee I understand.Honestly you guys make me laugh. Every single neutral pundit who had access to pictures and video have said "guilty," now been confirmed. I couldnt care less if he played against United.I have a life outside football

4 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

So you know more than the committee that gave him the ban, 2 experienced players and a referee I understand.Honestly you guys make me laugh. Every single neutral pundit who had access to pictures and video have said "guilty," now been confirmed. I couldnt care less if he played against United.I have a life outside football

I didn't argue about him being found guilty. He was found guilty and given a 3 match ban. I have said all along that he threw out his elbow.

However, you said this "There was clear  intent and contact across the throat. Winston Reid  could hardly breathe." and that is the bit I asked you to show me piccies of because even though I admit he threw an elbow, I have yet to see from any angle where it hit him in the throat.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I didn't argue about him being found guilty. He was found guilty and given a 3 match ban. I have said all along that he threw out his elbow.

However, you said this "There was clear  intent and contact across the throat. Winston Reid  could hardly breathe." and that is the bit I asked you to show me piccies of because even though I admit he threw an elbow, I have yet to see from any angle where it hit him in the throat.

Well consider this .....Mark Noble ,captain,is on public record as saying Reid could not talk as he was being attended to by physios...so he's obviously lying.

It might be of interest to you that the panel has the power to ask physios for evidence.Their lying too

Give me one other example where Reid has feigned injury before.Just one

Of courseI I dont have pictures,dont need them, blind freddie could see the intent in real time

And yes Fellaini should have faced the disciplinary panel this year and received a ban.I dont defend any player who has done the deed no matter who he plays for.

Smalling, as I posted before, is a serial offender and will give away a penalty, only a matter of time

If you dont know by now that "still"photos can be deceptive .I can't help you, watch it in real time.There have plenty of occasions this year where referees have been only a few metres away from fouls and taken no action.Thats why they have retrospective video evidence.I'm done

Sparkles, have you watched the video I posted? Probably not.
In real time watching it, it looked looked like Auero threw his arm/elbow. In the main video we've all seen it looks like he throws an arm. In the video link I posted it doesn't look like he threw an arm NOR CONNECTED.

So Mark Noble testified did he, well Manchester City FC and one of the players involved, Aguero, testified the other way.

Physios in FA appeals, getting ridiculous me thinks with that one.

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

Well consider this .....Mark Noble ,captain,is on public record as saying Reid could not talk as he was being attended to by physios...so he's obviously lying.

It might be of interest to you that the panel has the power to ask physios for evidence.Their lying too

Give me one other example where Reid has feigned injury before.Just one

Of courseI I dont have pictures,dont need them, blind freddie could see the intent in real time

And yes Fellaini should have faced the disciplinary panel this year and received a ban.I dont defend any player who has done the deed no matter who he plays for.

Smalling, as I posted before, is a serial offender and will give away a penalty, only a matter of time

If you dont know by now that "still"photos can be deceptive .I can't help you, watch it in real time.There have plenty of occasions this year where referees have been only a few metres away from fouls and taken no action.Thats why they have retrospective video evidence.I'm done

I don't give a hoot what Noble said. I have seen the incident myself in real time from several angles and nowhere has any part of Aguero's arm touched Reid's throat. I wouldn't be contesting it so much if it had as it is available for everyone to see. Reid probably lost his voice cos he was screaming like a big bladdy baby feigning it. How many times have you seen players screaming and holding their ankles when video shows they weren't even touched.

Again. I repeat, I am NOT saying Aguero was innocent cos he DID throw his arm/elbow but he did not touch Reid's throat.

When asked for further details, Halsey revealed: "To be fair to the FA... it's not them."It comes from within the PGMOL."

Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) was formed in 2011 to improve refereeing standards and is funded by the Premier League, the English Football League (EFL) and the Football Association (FA).

The implication is clear. A referee is metres away from an incident with a clear view but does not take appropriate action. Incident is caught on video and shows referee in a bad light for giving correct decision. Referees body tells referee to say he didn't see it so video can be used and referee/referees are shown not in a bad light. Hmm!

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I don't give a hoot what Noble said. I have seen the incident myself in real time from several angles and nowhere has any part of Aguero's arm touched Reid's throat.

Amazing how the boys are all for video refs until it goes against them, innit?

:cheesy:

5 minutes ago, Chicog said:

Amazing how the boys are all for video refs until it goes against them, innit?

:cheesy:

I am all for video refs but this isn't video refs which affect a game at the time, this is retrospective . Either way, where have I said any different than I accept the ruling? Retrospective has gone against us and I have accepted that. What I don't accept is the "Reid couldn't talk" bit. The arm didn't touch the throat and I have yet to see anybody confirm that. The FA certainly haven't said that as far as I am aware.

I can't wait till you have to hold your hands up and say video reffing works but somehow I doubt you will ever hold your hands up for that.

One question Chic. Do you think goal line technology has been a + or - to the game?

Presumably your comment is made against MrBj and me. I'm still all for video refs and I assume MrBj also has not changed his opinion so why make such a statement?

MrBj has stated several times that he thought Aguero threw his arm, but didn't connect. Based on the video I posted the link to, I'm now not sure Aguero threw his arm, and he doesnt appear to connect - I've yet to see anyone post their opinion on that link despite me referring to it several times, strange that in it?

My opinion on the Aguero incident hasn't changed my opinion on video refs; reffing is difficult even with video refs. My opinion also stated was he's been charged, we move on.

So no Chicog your comment "Amazing how the boys are all for video refs until it goes against them, innit?" is incorrect and way off the mark!

Halseygate latest:

the Professional Game Match Officials Limited said: "There is no pressure to include or omit anything."The body's statement continued: "Match officials submit their reports, including critical incidents, directly to the FA."Match officials ensure that their reports are a full and accurate description of the incident."

Nicely brewing.

15 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I am all for video refs but this isn't video refs which affect a game at the time, this is retrospective . Either way, where have I said any different than I accept the ruling? Retrospective has gone against us and I have accepted that. What I don't accept is the "Reid couldn't talk" bit. The arm didn't touch the throat and I have yet to see anybody confirm that. The FA certainly haven't said that as far as I am aware.

I can't wait till you have to hold your hands up and say video reffing works but somehow I doubt you will ever hold your hands up for that.

One question Chic. Do you think goal line technology has been a + or - to the game?

A plus because

- It doesn't interfere with the flow of the game (either it's a goal or it isn't).

AND

- It isn't subjective.

The referee (and anyone else) doesn't decide or review anything, he is simply told if it's a goal or not.

The ref in the England game needs a slap.

Skrtel already on a yellow comes in with a carthorse challenge on Kane and he does nothing.

So obviously Skrtel thinks he can get away with anything, and next time it's another foul on Kane, followed by a blatant stamp which was a red on its own.

And he gets away with a second yellow.

Still, England have 35 minutes to really embarrass themselves. I've seen more movement in a cage full of sloths.

Fully in agreement with RedNev that Halseygate deserves a full investigation. If we have referee(s) or a football governing body alleged to have cheated - and Halsey's allegations are of cheating - then the clubs, Premiership, FA, media, etc, should be crying out for an investigation to put this to bed one way or another.

Archived