60 students per class at University, difficult to handle?

Nokkeaw

On 26/08/2016 at 7:57 AM, Snackbar said:

It is the best job going. As little as 10 hours classroom time per week and long holidays. And non of the nonsense that goes with government schools

Class size isn't a problem. Clarify expectations, instruct' to an appropriate level. It really is very easy.

Not the best but certainly better than teaching kids.

Generally the salary is low.

I've had more than 100 in a conversation class! 

On 27/08/2016 at 6:45 AM, tonray said:

Generally less than 30K per month with a housing allowance. But this is generally for 12 - 16 contact hours per week, ability to come and go as per your class schedule so while it is not a job that will make you rich, it will not kill you either.  many Holidays, easy access to private tutoring of students to supplement your income. Many of us find it a welcome change after a few years of zoo keeping at a government high school.

The advantage is that there is a lot of extra work available. As a uni lecturer, you are respected, as a Prathom teacher you are a dancing white monkey or a clown. Basically a babysitter used for the purpose of the school director to buy a new benz. After putting my 4 kids through the system here, I must admit I have met very few teachers at Prathom/Mattayom level that I had any respect for. I expect EPs are better these days but to be honest it would be hard not to be.

Archived