Evisa ( onllne) starting 9/1/2016 valid for 3 land entry points!!

great news

Announcement - Upcoming Land Border Checkpoints Opening!

• Dear valued visitors,

• We are pleased to announce that starting from 01/09/2016, eVisa can be used to enter Myanmar from the following three land border checkpoints, between Myanmar and Thailand:

- Tachileik
    - Myawaddy
    - Kawthaung

The application process and policies remain the same, and is applicable to both tourist and business eVisa types. We hope these additional enhancements will offer our valued guests even more flexibility and convenience when visiting Myanmar in the near future.

• Thank you for using eVisa,
    Ministry of Labour,Immigration and Population

http://evisa.moip.gov.mm/

• 2 weeks later...

US$50, not an insignificant amount for those doing a border run, indeed it's quite a lot of money for a visa if you're going there for a holiday.  We're going to Yangon in a few weeks, and I'm sure I read yesterday that the visa is US$30 from the Myanmar Embassy\Consulate in Chiang Mai if you apply in person.

I've had to go to Tachileik a few times over the years when I haven't been organised enough to book us flights out for a short holiday (my Non-O visa requires me to leave the country every 90 days).  The Myanmar immigration people charge US$10 (if you really, really, really insist you don't have enough baht) or 500 baht for the stamp in your passport.  Quite a difference to US$50.  

Hopefully neighbouring countries will do what Vietnam have and allow visa free entry for 14 days, or even 7 days; when I'm looking at air fares and hotels to do a border run\short holiday I take into account any visa fees when calculating the total cost of the trip.  I'm sure I'm not alone in doing that, we tend to go to KL and Saigon mostly because no visa needed; easier and cheaper.

Just my 25 satang.

yea, but that stamp that u get for 500 baht is not worth gong into Burma, only in and out

I think $50 is not expensive.( true $30 if ur in Chiang Mai but what if ur not?  )  Take the time involved in traveling to an embassy or consolute, waiting etc etc

if u cant afford a visa for $50 perhaps stay home and save ur $$

Visa run to Laos ($25-40), Cambodia ( $30)

Vietnam is  not visa free for everyone

Aah, OK, its working now.

Nice website.

Puts the p155p00r Thai effort to shame. One would have thought with all the face issues they have in Thailand, they could at least put up a decent intelligible website. The current site looks like it was cobbled together as a failed high school project about 15 years ago.

On 31/08/2016 at 7:14 PM, Konini said:

US$50, not an insignificant amount for those doing a border run, indeed it's quite a lot of money for a visa if you're going there for a holiday.  We're going to Yangon in a few weeks, and I'm sure I read yesterday that the visa is US$30 from the Myanmar Embassy\Consulate in Chiang Mai if you apply in person.

I've had to go to Tachileik a few times over the years when I haven't been organised enough to book us flights out for a short holiday (my Non-O visa requires me to leave the country every 90 days).  The Myanmar immigration people charge US$10 (if you really, really, really insist you don't have enough baht) or 500 baht for the stamp in your passport.  Quite a difference to US$50.  

Hopefully neighbouring countries will do what Vietnam have and allow visa free entry for 14 days, or even 7 days; when I'm looking at air fares and hotels to do a border run\short holiday I take into account any visa fees when calculating the total cost of the trip.  I'm sure I'm not alone in doing that, we tend to go to KL and Saigon mostly because no visa needed; easier and cheaper.

Just my 25 satang.

with the Visa-free policy, acceptable accom for 20$ or even less, and NOK AIR offering Promos to SGN for 1050 THB OW (incl. luggage and Airport Tax) frequently, Vietnam is indeed the least expensive way to see another country, with KL (Malindo for 3K round trip or MAS 3.6K sometimes) coming next. If only SGN had a proper public transport system, but the first MRT line is finally being built now

to me the cost of a visa has ZERO baring on if i want go to a country. I love Burma, Cambodia and Laos

Haven't been to Vietnam as have no interest in going there even if the visa was free, (which it is NOT for Americans)

PS: you can  find "acceptable" accommodations in EVERY SE Asian country for $20, ( except for maybe Singapore)

Archived