Krabi community's beautiful new sports facilities are just a mess despite costing 12.5m Baht

webfact

Krabi community's beautiful new sports facilities are just a mess despite costing 12.5m Baht

a3.jpg

Image: Thairath

KRABI: -- A Krabi community's beautiful new sports facilities are in a terrible state just two months after they were finished.

The football pitch resembles a forest with weeds and tall grass out of control while a hard court area for five-a-side and volleyball has suffered subsidence, reported Thairath.

Now residents on Koh Lanta, Krabi want action against the company who built the facilities using 12 and a half million baht from the sports and tourism budget.

Pictures of the football pitch and hard court were posted on the Facebook page of Nattiwat Ragsakit along with calls for action.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-23

58 minutes ago, Pdaz said:

Must have got the team that built every tennis court in Pattaya...

Quite possible they are the road contractors that have to resurface the roads every six months due to potholes.

All work carried out and passed to the strictest Thai specifications on sports and recreational facility construction recommendations :facepalm:

sadly an earth tremor followed completion resulting in this unfortunate state...........:cheesy:

Who is surprised? Same with everything here ,I saw a road being resurfaced in buriram they did one side then when started on the other side the first one was fulling to pieces ,when finish the second side they moved ,was no better than when they started ,but someone made money and that's all that matters to them

If  the individual (s) who accepted the material and workmanship quality and made payment of the funds to contractors involved were asked the proper questions in the 

proper way There should not be too much problem getting things rectified as to what was promised and paid for.

You would think  the parents of students would be aware and active in getting what their tax dollar paid for.

Stakeholders - who are they?

Decision makers - who are they?

Factors driving decisions - what are they?

Accountability - who can hold who accountable and how?

Understand the factors behind this and you will understand why this happens. You will see identical construction problems and lack of maintenance in similar projects in every district of Thailand. It has become a ritualised form of corruption that the department head, or bor tor, etc. builds a low-quality white elephant, often a project purporting to be for the community, in order to steal 20% of the budget during his or her short stint, typically 2 years or less, at the big trough.

7 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Um, anybody have the blueprints, construction permits, Professional Engineer or official sign off and approval?  Of course not.  probably just leveled the dirt and poured some cement.  Foundation? 

Going down the political chain everybody got a piece of the 12.5 million. These projects are real red herrings custom made for snippets of money to be trimmed off. This guy is long gone with the money good luck on catching him and turning him upside down to see what falls out of his pockets. He will laugh at you without tickling him. I hope all you gullible people looking to do quality builds here take heart or you could end up singing "There's a tear in my beer" Buy a lottery ticket your chance of winning is much greater. They could create a whole forum here on TV for people that were "taken" and not by aliens.  

Ahh yes. I remember my first car port... 6 months later it fell down, didn't hit the car though. Was rebuilt by a better contractor who even had it blessed by a dude in a yellow sheet. That stayed up for almost a year. Third one I only allowed construction to go ahead when I was at home and sitting, watching what was happening. That has stayed up for 7 years now. My wife says that is because she got a real monk in who gave it a real blessing.

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 9:02 PM, slapout said:

If  the individual (s) who accepted the material and workmanship quality and made payment of the funds to contractors involved were asked the proper questions in the 

proper way There should not be too much problem getting things rectified as to what was promised and paid for.

You would think  the parents of students would be aware and active in getting what their tax dollar paid for.

Sadly, the Thais are very complacent.  Years of military rule, and officials that can and do make arbitrary and capricious rulings stifles initiative, desire to get involved, etc.  A sad state of affairs and will lead to more decay

Archived