New Bicycle Shop - South Pattaya/Jomtien

jimmybkk

Stumbled across a relatively new bicycle shop a couple of weeks back - called "Bike net" located on Sukhumvit on the corner of Soi 54 (ocean/west side of Sukhumvit), which is a few hundred metres north of Makro. Not sure if it's already been mentioned on TVF or not. It's run by a French guy who speaks very good English and seems to know what he's talking about. He is also very friendly and extremely helpful. I had gone there to look for a spare part and the guy ended up showing me how I could fix the old part, despite having a new part in stock to sell me if he had wanted to. Excellent service... and in total contrast to 20 mins previous when I had the misfortune to wander into <snip> on Thepprasit looking for the same part. What the heck is up with the dragon lady in that place...? Talk about service with a snarl...

So anyway, I am in no way involved nor affiliated with Bike net, I just appreciated the good service that was provided and thought that one good turn deserves another. They stock Trek, BMC, Bianchi and several other brands that I am not so familiar with and it's the kind of place where if they didn't have exactly what you wanted in stock they would probably order it for you. It looked like they stock a pretty good range of accessories and spare parts, and they also offer a custom bike fitting service. Worth checking out if you're in the area. Here's a pic of the shop frontage:

Bike net.jpg

On Google Maps they are here: 12.901342, 100.896486 and here's their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/bikenetpattaya/

this place is a small version of their original shop in chon buri city which is a huge shop with everything. i saw a 560,000 baht frame there. pro stuff but also lower and mid range as well.

there are also 2 more quality bike shops on suk that bike people should be aware of as lomg as we are on this topic.  1 at the light that turns to bang saray beach, east side of the road. and another really brand new place that i can not comment on as i have not dealt with them but if memory serves well somewhere just the pattaya side of the ban am pur beach turn off.  low signage there as very new, but as op said no longer have to put up with SV lady..

oh and another one that i have used for service that i like is on chaiyapruk about 200 meter from beach rd( south side across from 7-11) called venture bike, small shop limited stock but do rentals, nice people and i think quality service

just to let bike people know of other options

and any mountain bikers who like to do rides from jomtien to maprachan or bang saray and would like a partner rider pls message me

So now we are talking bicycles.

How much can I expect to pay for a bicycle for a casual user but don't want some crap that brakes down after a bit of use?

My brother in law back in EU paid over 500k baht for his bi-cycle. I told him; are you out of you fxxxxxx mind man, I paid just over 300k baht for a new 650cc motor cycle here in LOS, ha-ha.

Hmm, I better go and have a look at that shop too, never used a bicycle here but did quite a bit cycling back home over a century ago.

I paid 16K for a Trek 4 Series a few years back from one of the bike shops in Sriracha.  Not a bad entry level bike IMO - I'm only interested in getting some exercise and I'm not looking to be the fastest kid on the block and it's served me pretty well. Nothing has broken or gone wrong with it so I can't complain. I had a quick chat with the guy at Bike net when I was there and if I was going to upgrade there was a newer model/higher spec Trek that he recommended that was 23K and I would probably go for that.

With all these checkpoints around town I may start using my bike a lot more often...

Archived