Arresting people for medicinal ganja use - like "arresting a mother for stealing baby milk for a hungry child", police say

webfact

51 minutes ago, innocenthai said:

Hey man, we are not anymore in 1970 when stupid hippies were smoking 2% thc weed.

We are in 2017 and we want 20% to get very high <3

So there is no outdoor weed that can compete with indoor.

There's no '70s muscle cars that can compete even with today's basic grocery getters, either.  But they're still commanding a premium nowadays.

Just the mention of Thai Stick would set an old hippie on a nostalgia trip.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, cumgranosalum said:

Ingornace about all "recreational" drug taking is worldwide, but as people begin to appreciate that the war on drugs becomes more and more pointless, it is nice to see Thailand following on miles behind...... 

It was the Yanks that made all S.E.Asian countries and Nepal crack down on ganga.Tighten your laws or no aid.Be funny if they asked them to grow it now.By the way,you don't get stoned on legal medicinal ganja.

4 minutes ago, louse1953 said:

No stress in Thailand,you gotta be joking.Farmers suicide,a lot of people uptight about lack of money.Your comment about all Thai youth being stoned is ridiculous.It was readily available where i grew up and most youth were not stoned.Also i was here in the 70's when buddha sticks where everywhere and most youth weren't stoned then either.People of all ages and backgrounds use ganga now,legalizing it wont increase the use of it,but it will cut out the criminal element of it.Also a lot of jails will have less people in them and more room for white collar crims.

Then the farmers should go work for a boss if they can't handle it. Or not buy such a big truck.

Loads of Thai envy me because in my homecountry we can smoke ganja legally. They all want to go there to try it. But because it's unavailable to them they try jaba or whatever they can buy to get high.

I (almost) never smell ganja in Thailand...only once somebody was smoking it in a hotelroom next to mine and that hotel is used a lot by police who come for training.....So explain where you see people of all ages and backgrounds use ganja now??

Guess you don't even know what real ganja is...these days it's much stronger than in the seventies and considered a harddrug. Thai weed is also sold in my homecountry but it's very low quality full of seed, nobody wants it since there's much better stuff around.

And if it became legal in Thailand it would become an exportproduct and thailand would get the same reputation as Colombia has. Gangs would jump on it and there would be gangfights/ripdeals all over the place.

15 minutes ago, impulse said:

There's no '70s muscle cars that can compete even with today's basic grocery getters, either.  But they're still commanding a premium nowadays.

Just the mention of Thai Stick would set an old hippie on a nostalgia trip.

Thai stick, Lebanon red, Afghan Kush, Kashmere black and so on... Old hippies should go to Amsterdam to The Bulldog or the Grasshopper? It's all there and loads of other varieties as well.

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Legalize it and you'll vastly increase the number of really mellow tourists...

Control the quality, tax the crap out of it, release all the inmates in jail just for lighting up and set the BIB onto more important crimes- and you may even turn the entire economy around.

Could have a problem here the BIB are a little rusty when it comes to important crime. They do OK on the silver platter crimes as they then compete for the monetary prize at the end of the rainbow well that makes them a little sluggish out of the starting gate. The value added crimes well that is where the give 110%

1 hour ago, zyphodb said:

You'd be surprised, naturally grown weed has a completely different "hit" than skunk grown under lights, in a lot of peoples opinion a much more pleasant one......

Not to mention, shots of 151 rum have a lot more kick, but they still sell a lot of wine coolers and beer.

1 hour ago, zyphodb said:

If the Weather is no good how come that in the 60's & 70's Thai sticks were considered some of the best weed in the world & was reasonably available as far away as Europe?

they never grew it under lights or with aircon then.....

It was good then,when it was harder to get in the West.Ganja growing is a science now in many western countries and the quality is far superior to anything grown in SE Asia.

20 minutes ago, Thian said:

Thai stick, Lebanon red, Afghan Kush, Kashmere black and so on... Old hippies should go to Amsterdam to The Bulldog or the Grasshopper? It's all there and loads of other varieties as well.

Why go there when India and Nepal are a lot closer and cheaper.

De-criminalising marijuana sounds a lot more sensible than the proposal to take ya-ba off the banned drugs list. Allowing its medicinal use to ease the plight of patients with painful diseases such as cancer would be a step in the right direction. I for one am not looking forward, if I got Big C, to being sent home from hospital with a packet of paracetamol.

4 minutes ago, louse1953 said:

Why go there when India and Nepal are a lot closer and cheaper.

Because you can get arrested for it, their police went to the same scool as the bib. Also you won't get a Delhi-belly in Amsterdam.:whistling:

I heard that in Pai it's also widely available but i have never been there myself.

6 hours ago, bartender100 said:

Seems to be working well in half the states in the USA, Thailand could supply the worlds need if they wanted to, has to be more profitable than rice

Grow hemp, the uses are immense~clothes, oil , paper, medicine......  I grows so fast here!

3 minutes ago, Thian said:

Because you can get arrested for it, their police went to the same scool as the bib. Also you won't get a Delhi-belly in Amsterdam.:whistling:

5555,just been there for 3 months.Some states are legal with a govt stamp of approval and the other don't give a toss.Ate well and never got crook but i never went to Delhi.You should get out of your bubble more.

6 hours ago, dcnx said:

Fantastic news! Sounds like progress may be made in the future.

I have glaucoma.  

Oh, what's that... Oh... It's only for Thais using it for medical use. Foreigners will still get fleeced for huge sums of cash or go to jail. 

Nice to see Thailand taking a healthy attitude to this. Never thought I'd see the day when the UK lagged behind it. Our laws on this are pathetic and draconian.

1 hour ago, little mary sunshine said:

Teatree.  Those that remain in Thailand

after the druggies leave will be the ones

with money to enjoy fine dining, golf, 

theatre, concerts, with less threats

of being robbed, homes burglarized,

with safer roads because all the freaks

and druggies will be gone.

:cheesy:

Wow...most be nice on your planet!

...or under your bridge!

4 hours ago, Dr Robert said:

The leap from legitimate medicinal use of Cannabis and its associated products, to  recreational use by some in here, exposes the selfish hedonistic demands of the uninformed.

Making comparisons with alcohol and tobacco is facile; there are dangers in every drug not prescribed by a competent medical practitioner.

Anecdotal and shrill advocates for legalizing recreational use of illegal substances need correction. Just because you promulgate  a pro-drug use stance doesn't make your opinion  worth anything

Regarding "there are dangers in every drug not prescribed by a competent medical practitioner."

And these same drugs, prescribed by a supposedly competent MD can also be very dangerous and harm and kill hundred-of-thousands of people every year throughout the world, including North America and Europe. Opioids particularly come to mind. 

6 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Yes, it's a miracle drug. 

Unfortunaelty, still even in the West, we have too many dumb dumbs and people with a vested interest to keep it illegal. 

Its weed, people. How can you question its  integrity at all when we have cigarettes and alcohol! Cigarettes kill! That's a fact.

Excuse my ignorance but why is tobacco smoke so harmful but cannabis / ganja / marijuana not?

Nicotine is also beneficial to certain medical conditions too.

Is it something to do with the tar content or are the carcegens different.

Alcohol is a very dangerous drug, the results of which we often see. But some are affected very differently to others. Is this the same for ganja?

Little Mary Sunshine said:  (I'll have do it this way as the quoting system really SUCKS on this forum) 

"Teatree.  Those that remain in Thailand

after the druggies leave will be the ones

with money to enjoy fine dining, golf, 

theatre, concerts, with less threats

of being robbed, homes burglarized,

with safer roads because all the freaks

and druggies will be gone."

That's right Mary -- Reefer Madness taught us that anybody successful or even normally productive can't possibly use cannabis. Atta girl! Stick to your guns, Mary. Don't let anybody or anything open your mind up to any other possibilities. 

Amusing how sometimes those with no information about the topic of (medical) marijuana just get desperate to make their uninformed point and start lumping all drug users together. Do you really think the mindset of somebody on yaba is the same as somebody who's buzzed on cannabis?  

It's a good thing that there are now thousands of high-ranking government officials and even world leaders who have educated themselves and can see that depriving cancer patients and others who are suffering from the benefits of a plant would not be right or reasonable in any way. 

Archived