Mae Rim: 29 Gamblers at Funeral Arrested

webfact

29 Gamblers at Funeral Arrested

by CityNews

gambling-arrest-1600x900.jpg

CityNews – 29 people were arrested after they were caught gambling at a funeral in Mae Rim on August 22.

The 3rd Development Battalion and police officers from the Mae Rim police station raided the funeral after a tip-off that there was people gambling after several sets of gambling equipment was seen being smuggled into the event.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/29-gamblers-at-funeral-arrested/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2016-08-24

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Somebody within the family must have upset  the b.i.b..

Every funeral in Thailand they have people gambling, so what was different here?

I have been to funerals here were even the police were involved.

Someone did not get paid.

The picture shows clearly that most of the uniformed personals are army. I only see one BIB and he was needed to come with the police truck to arrest the gamblers.

Since Prayuth has been in power gambling at funerals are now illegal but the army camps are to far away so the cops still collect their fees.

I remember going to  a huge tribal funeral that lasted for several days  with many  ceremonies involved , animals killed and eaten, several shamans working around the clock.I was also surprised  that there was intense gambling all night long  some of which i never understood the rules of, even though i watched for  hours.all the gamblers were part of the funeral as far as i understood....

Archived