The first rule of Thai "Fight Club" - it's illegal, says top cop

webfact

:cheesy:Armchair warriors  are  abounding !

Weight for  weight....my wife could probably take  most of you out in  less than a minute.!

Cage fights  have  been around for years in BKK. And the toll of that  often homicidal/suicidal phenomenon unreported.

Street  fights? Attracted attention because the percentages  have  been blatantly denied to the  blind eye because of the  also potential homicidal/suicidal  outcome.

And for those  that denigrate the  capabilities of trained Asian combatents obviously  have nfclue!

6 hours ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

I don't think he's thinking of himself tbh. I know exactly what he means. You put an average western fighter with average all round mma skills inc jujitsu or wrestling expirience or even just jujitsu or wrestling alone, I would put all my money on the Thais having there skinny asses handed to em.  That inc the fair fax hotel lot. 

Absolute BS, I know an ex British Karate Champion with a very formidable punch and who you would not like to meet on a dark night, but who comes over often to polish up his Mua Thai skills; and goes home battered and bruised.But a much better and happier fighter.

Its a bit pathetic to keep running down Thai fighting skills, look at those brash punk musclebound guys in KS road the other day, four of them were handed their asses by two bouncers,  who rather unfairly I think, ended up in clink.

You clearly have never been on the receiving end of a good kick round the head by a Thai. Or maybe you have had one too many, 555.

1 hour ago, MiKT said:

Absolute BS, I know an ex British Karate Champion with a very formidable punch and who you would not like to meet on a dark night, but who comes over often to polish up his Mua Thai skills; and goes home battered and bruised.But a much better and happier fighter.

Its a bit pathetic to keep running down Thai fighting skills, look at those brash punk musclebound guys in KS road the other day, four of them were handed their asses by two bouncers,  who rather unfairly I think, ended up in clink.

You clearly have never been on the receiving end of a good kick round the head by a Thai. Or maybe you have had one too many, 555.

Omg please please read my post before the silly 555 bo##ocks. It makes me laugh how a lot of expats are in awe of Thai fighting prowess. Yes they are very very good at Muay Thai in general , it's their national sport. Pretty much the same way I run rings around em on a football pitch ( I'm from the uk, well that doesn't   mean much tbf lol)

I'm talking about mixed fighting skills. Muay Thai fighting alone won't help you as much if at all if the opponent was taking you to the floor which most western fighters are very very good at. Im an old battered ex boxer so yes I do know what it's like to take a whack, maybe not off a Thai but as you are obviously all wrapped up in the hype of Thais being the toughest people on earth, I suppose that's nothing.

I'm talking about the average far rang fighter in what ever style of fighter he is , going up against a predictable Thai Muay Thai average fighter. All I say is , 7 out of 10 times a fighter trained in takedowns and floor work will win over Muay Thai. Ok. 555

Oh and not sure what fight you watched concerning the fight on KS rd the other day but I'm sure it was 5 or 6 bouncers kicking to near death then finishing off with some sort of kosh on 1 young (probably yes a drunk arrogant <deleted>) far rang. So bravo to those tough men. 

And im sure a kick to the head by a Thai would probable hurt me a lot as they usually come to far rang when very drunk and or both already sparked out by 5 or 6 other tough Thai men . 

Just saying.

40 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Omg please please read my post before the silly 555 bo##ocks. It makes me laugh how a lot of expats are in awe of Thai fighting prowess. Yes they are very very good at Muay Thai in general , it's their national sport. Pretty much the same way I run rings around em on a football pitch ( I'm from the uk, well that doesn't   mean much tbf lol)

I'm talking about mixed fighting skills. Muay Thai fighting alone won't help you as much if at all if the opponent was taking you to the floor which most western fighters are very very good at. Im an old battered ex boxer so yes I do know what it's like to take a whack, maybe not off a Thai but as you are obviously all wrapped up in the hype of Thais being the toughest people on earth, I suppose that's nothing.

I'm talking about the average far rang fighter in what ever style of fighter he is , going up against a predictable Thai Muay Thai average fighter. All I say is , 7 out of 10 times a fighter trained in takedowns and floor work will win over Muay Thai. Ok. 555

Oh and not sure what fight you watched concerning the fight on KS rd the other day but I'm sure it was 5 or 6 bouncers kicking to near death then finishing off with some sort of kosh on 1 young (probably yes a drunk arrogant <deleted>) far rang. So bravo to those tough men. 

And im sure a kick to the head by a Thai would probable hurt me a lot as they usually come to far rang when very drunk and or both already sparked out by 5 or 6 other tough Thai men . 

Just saying.

I'm probably rambling on now but I need to explain before BS is called again. My opinion is that  a fighter mostly trained in Muay Thai and average on wrestling or jujitsu will be at a disadvantage to fully trained jujitsu fighter with average skills in Muay Thai. 

As I said just my personal opinion. 

12 hours ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

I don't think he's thinking of himself tbh. I know exactly what he means. You put an average western fighter with average all round mma skills inc jujitsu or wrestling expirience or even just jujitsu or wrestling alone, I would put all my money on the Thais having there skinny asses handed to em.  That inc the fair fax hotel lot. 

Yet funnily enough a lot of MMA fighters come to Thailand to train Muay Thai - which is one of the best fighting systems.

And you do know these are amateur fights, right? People who aren't fighters, getting together and having some fun. 

But hey this it is TVF, gotta have some Thai bashing, right?

This reminds me of the Westerner years ago who won the Title Kung <deleted> Champion in China (no weight classes) simply by applying a little known rule that if a fighter is pushed out of the fighting circle he looses, being a big westerner this was fairly easy to implement and he became Kung <deleted> champion without knowing Sh$$%t about Kung <deleted>.

Someone overweight to obesity would easily win his weight class as there would be no contenders in his weight class.......:rolleyes:

6 hours ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

I'm probably rambling on now but I need to explain before BS is called again. My opinion is that  a fighter mostly trained in Muay Thai and average on wrestling or jujitsu will be at a disadvantage to fully trained jujitsu fighter with average skills in Muay Thai. 

As I said just my personal opinion. 

That's debatable.........sometimes the striker wins, sometimes the guy with the better ground game wins.

From your initial post - ' You put an average western fighter with average all round mma skills inc jujitsu or wrestling expirience or even just jujitsu or wrestling alone, I would put all my money on the Thais having there skinny asses handed to em'.......as the fighters would be at the same weight, it would be a skinny westerner fighting a skinny Thai..........

As an 'old boxer' like myself, I'm assuming you must remember the night Sot Chitalader fought Charlie Magri in the UK for the World Flyweight Title.......no muaythai involved that night, just 2 great little warriors going toe to toe........as much as I loved Charlie, he got his ass handed to him that night by the skinny Thai..........:)

4 hours ago, somchai jones said:

That's debatable.........sometimes the striker wins, sometimes the guy with the better ground game wins.

From your initial post - ' You put an average western fighter with average all round mma skills inc jujitsu or wrestling expirience or even just jujitsu or wrestling alone, I would put all my money on the Thais having there skinny asses handed to em'.......as the fighters would be at the same weight, it would be a skinny westerner fighting a skinny Thai..........

As an 'old boxer' like myself, I'm assuming you must remember the night Sot Chitalader fought Charlie Magri in the UK for the World Flyweight Title.......no muaythai involved that night, just 2 great little warriors going toe to toe........as much as I loved Charlie, he got his ass handed to him that night by the skinny Thai..........:)

That's 1 fight. Yes a few far rang will lose ,a few Thais will lose. It's just my opinion that someone with more rounded floor skill will have an advantage.  They may still lose. On a different day Charlie may have won. Why why do people put Thais on such a hard man pedestal??  They are no different to any individual wanting to have the desire to train , learn and win fights.  Thai men are not immortal 555.  No wonder far rang living in Thailand  have a hard time generally fighting Thais, they have lost before they enter the ring! 

6 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Yet funnily enough a lot of MMA fighters come to Thailand to train Muay Thai - which is one of the best fighting systems.

And you do know these are amateur fights, right? People who aren't fighters, getting together and having some fun. 

But hey this it is TVF, gotta have some Thai bashing, right?

Someone else who don't read posts properly. Yes they are amateur, but I'm sure the Thai guys have general skills in Muay Thai, some more than most. 

Ok I did slightly Thai bash, the skinny ass comment was out of order, at the time I was looking at my skinny assed Mrs and wondering where she puts all that cake she eats. 

Heres a question, considering how many Thais are so tough and are already proficient if not pro Muay Thai fighters, why do we hardly see any in mma circles like the ufc ect? 

Maybe that's a question for another topic on another day. 

59 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Someone else who don't read posts properly. Yes they are amateur, but I'm sure the Thai guys have general skills in Muay Thai, some more than most. 

Ok I did slightly Thai bash, the skinny ass comment was out of order, at the time I was looking at my skinny assed Mrs and wondering where she puts all that cake she eats. 

Heres a question, considering how many Thais are so tough and are already proficient if not pro Muay Thai fighters, why do we hardly see any in mma circles like the ufc ect? 

Maybe that's a question for another topic on another day. 

I think because MMA has only just started to get bigger over here. Plus, most Muay Thai fighters come from poor backgrounds and Muay Thai competitions are set up and ready to fight in. If you are dirt poor you aren't going to fly off to another country to compete when you can just do Muay Thai here. 

I also read that MMA fights are actually banned here, or semi-legal - correct me if I am wrong. 

On 8/24/2016 at 6:32 PM, Rod Gold said:

Follow the money.  Thai fight promoters get no cut from a street fight.  No one else gets a cut or kickback from a street fight. 

What is really being banned is fighting without paying for the privilege. 

There must be something strange like that.They Know its under an underpass road.They have seen signs pointing to the venue,BUT THEY DON"T KNOW WHERE IT IS ----------555555555555555.May The Good Lord Protect Us----- ----

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 2:02 AM, goldenbrwn1 said:

Just saying.

I am not wrapped up in Thai's being the best fighters in the world, but I suspect that pound for pound (kg for kg) they are better than most on average and I don't like to see all the gratuitous anti-Thai on TV. At least you had the guts to be a bit sheepish about that in a later post.

Read what I said, ex British Karate Champion - 175 kg not a small bloke and with a punch that would really take your head off; and still comes here for training........ just saying.

As for KS rd did you not see the picture of the 4 young blokes showing off their muscles, well the one that got a good kicking wasn't smiling too much.

But the 2 bouncers got arrested. Did not look fair to me, they were drunkenly trying to get in a nightclub: try that in Warrington or whatever; and see what happens. Well I am sure you know, more than one bouncer will soon sort you out. Not knocking the UK......just saying.

PS  after 20 years of cake you might find her ass is not so skinny.

2 hours ago, MiKT said:

I am not wrapped up in Thai's being the best fighters in the world, but I suspect that pound for pound (kg for kg) they are better than most on average and I don't like to see all the gratuitous anti-Thai on TV. At least you had the guts to be a bit sheepish about that in a later post.

Read what I said, ex British Karate Champion - 175 kg not a small bloke and with a punch that would really take your head off; and still comes here for training........ just saying.

As for KS rd did you not see the picture of the 4 young blokes showing off their muscles, well the one that got a good kicking wasn't smiling too much.

But the 2 bouncers got arrested. Did not look fair to me, they were drunkenly trying to get in a nightclub: try that in Warrington or whatever; and see what happens. Well I am sure you know, more than one bouncer will soon sort you out. Not knocking the UK......just saying.

PS  after 20 years of cake you might find her ass is not so skinny.

Ok I haven't seen the pics of the guys giving the big one on KS rd. I didn't really need to as its obvious they were ass##les, I've seen plenty of em in my time. But, yes the big but. Did those Thai bouncers really have to near kill one of for maybe flicking a middle finger, mouthing off and as you said flexing their muscles? You honestly think that's cool?        

Going back over your two responses of my posts I noted on both that there was some sort of hopeful repercussions aimed at me for just something as simple as my opinion. 

The kick around my head by a thai and getting sorted out by a bouncers back home.

You do seem to be one angry individual. I just hope your channeling all that aggression into some kind of contact sport ......

P.S if all my Mrs got is a fat ass when she's 65, I think if done rather well......just sayin.

Ok I haven't seen the pics of the guys giving the big one on KS rd. I didn't really need to as its obvious they were ass##les, I've seen plenty of em in my time. But, yes the big but. Did those Thai bouncers really have to near kill one of for maybe flicking a middle finger, mouthing off and as you said flexing their muscles? You honestly think that's cool?        

Going back over your two responses of my posts I noted on both that there was some sort of hopeful repercussions aimed at me for just something as simple as my opinion. 

The kick around my head by a thai and getting sorted out by a few bouncers.

You do seem to be one angry individual. I just hope your channeling all that aggression into some kind of contact sport ......

P.S if all my Mrs got is a fat ass when she's 65, I think I have done rather well......just sayin.

4 hours ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

I should get that paranoia looked at if I were you, how you read anything physical aimed at you  into my posts indicates a complete lack of English comprehension and not understanding that 555 is ha, ha, ha in Thai is very interesting.

In TV it is generally used to indicate a joke is being made, since lack of understanding of jokes and irony is a speciality of some posters. Obviously you belong in that select band.

Thank you for your health advice, but even at 72 I still try to keep a bit in shape, and I haven't had a kick round the head by a Thai or punched one who attacked me for at least 4 years now. Must be getting slack. 

Angry, yes, at those who come on TV and keep on running down anything and everything in Thailand. It was you who basically started the "all skinny Thai's are useless against any foreigner" remember?

All I am saying is that bouncers here are no worse than most bouncers in the UK when it comes to kicking drunken yobs. I am not condoning it, but having seen so many yobs causing trouble here when drunk out of their minds that I have some sympathy for the bouncers. Not a lot as they were overboard, but check out the pics of the yobs (it is on TV) before you post again. They were proud of being yobs.

I certainly hope that you and your Mrs are still happily married at 65 whatever her and your physical shape, but take care of the old Alzheimer's. Ally was the greatest, but no poster boy for ex boxers. Bless Him.

Fortunately after 21+ years my Mrs's ass is still in excellent shape, so I would think there is plenty of hope for you.

Oh yes, nearly forgot, 175 lbs not kg, he is an ex UK karate champion, not a sumo wrestler.

On 24 August 2016 at 7:16 AM, Artisi said:

and nobody on the ground having the sh1t kicked out of them by half a dozen stick, sword and club wielding hero's.

Can only assume it's a staged photo.

3 hours ago, MiKT said:

I should get that paranoia looked at if I were you, how you read anything physical aimed at you  into my posts indicates a complete lack of English comprehension and not understanding that 555 is ha, ha, ha in Thai is very interesting.

In TV it is generally used to indicate a joke is being made, since lack of understanding of jokes and irony is a speciality of some posters. Obviously you belong in that select band.

Thank you for your health advice, but even at 72 I still try to keep a bit in shape, and I haven't had a kick round the head by a Thai or punched one who attacked me for at least 4 years now. Must be getting slack. 

Angry, yes, at those who come on TV and keep on running down anything and everything in Thailand. It was you who basically started the "all skinny Thai's are useless against any foreigner" remember?

All I am saying is that bouncers here are no worse than most bouncers in the UK when it comes to kicking drunken yobs. I am not condoning it, but having seen so many yobs causing trouble here when drunk out of their minds that I have some sympathy for the bouncers. Not a lot as they were overboard, but check out the pics of the yobs (it is on TV) before you post again. They were proud of being yobs.

I certainly hope that you and your Mrs are still happily married at 65 whatever her and your physical shape, but take care of the old Alzheimer's. Ally was the greatest, but no poster boy for ex boxers. Bless Him.

Fortunately after 21+ years my Mrs's ass is still in excellent shape, so I would think there is plenty of hope for you.

Oh yes, nearly forgot, 175 lbs not kg, he is an ex UK karate champion, not a sumo wrestler.

555 wow 72! Fair play mate. Of course I get irony, I'm British.  Tbf I can't stand all those juiced up lairy  youngsters that our country seem to produce of late, and yeh they deserved a few clumps ( only a few clumps). Just part of me would of preferred British bouncers doing the deed, I suppose that's just my patriotic side, ( stupid I know) . And I take your point about running down Thais with my ' skinny ass Thai comment' apologies. 

But I still stand by my opinion that Thai men, no matter what weight are no tougher than a far rang fighter. It's all down to the individuals desire, training ect ect. Take em off the pedestal or your losing before the fight begins.  Anyway cheers.

3 hours ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

555 wow 72! Fair play mate. Of course I get irony, I'm British.  Tbf I can't stand all those juiced up lairy  youngsters that our country seem to produce of late, and yeh they deserved a few clumps ( only a few clumps). Just part of me would of preferred British bouncers doing the deed, I suppose that's just my patriotic side, ( stupid I know) . And I take your point about running down Thais with my ' skinny ass Thai comment' apologies. 

But I still stand by my opinion that Thai men, no matter what weight are no tougher than a far rang fighter. It's all down to the individuals desire, training ect ect. Take em off the pedestal or your losing before the fight begins.  Anyway cheers.

Nice Post, Thanks very,

its the constant, often brutal training since very young that makes them tough, not inherently better than any other country.

Chok De na

Archived