Western style condominiums rentals in Chiang Rai

Motown239

22 minutes ago, Sambotte said:

Joking mode on :

Am i dreaming or your avatar is a FROG ? I'm the Frenchman :ph34r: How dare you Brit Brother ? :smile:

Or the Farang-set, name that came from Fran-çais with Thai prononciation ! Yes, yes, yes :)

But i like the American and Internet though hé hé... Well except for the DAMN Brit-American non-metric non-scientific system of mesure ! Guys when will you evolve upper than inches and feet seriously ? That's a shame :sorry::partytime2:

My avatar is the world famous Hypnotaod. You  don't get out enough Look up Futurama, it's an American cartoon show.

And don't worry, I wont hold the fact your are French against you. I worked in Paris (Challenger, Versailles) for two years at Bouygues Telecom as a UK ex pat of one of the partner companies. Great time but a real problem with the language. I speak French but the girls in the office said I was destroying their language with my English accent (of course, the more they complain the more we revert to type) and they all spoke fluent English anyway. Very proud of their language/accent these Parisians.

Lived in Chiang Rai a number of years, myself. Suggest you contact Duranee Sinthanee. She and her husband own a number of housing developments there as well as Chiang Rai Mazda. Check Facebook or Google for more info and examples of some of their properties for rent or sale.

She also knows of other development owners in the area and can refer you to them if she has none available for rent.

Duranee is probably the wealthiest woman in all of Chiang Rai. Having met her once, I found her to be very helpful and nice. Speaks fluent English, too. I'm sure she can find something suitable for you.

Don't settle for some cramped, overpriced condo, with its common walls and noisy neighbors. For just a few thousand baht more, you can rent a nice house.

Good luck.

On 05/05/2017 at 11:11 PM, Flustered said:

My avatar is the world famous Hypnotaod. You  don't get out enough Look up Futurama, it's an American cartoon show.

Very proud of their language/accent these Parisians.

Well a frog is a fr.. french :)

Off topic, i may open a new one since it's so cool : "According to different sources, 45% of all English words have a French origin".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_words_of_French_origin

And many other sources, google says.

I think Amercan like that fact (i mean when they know) more than the British, fighting spirit between brothers :)

I love the Brit (London i think) accent by the way. American accents too. And many things from those two big cultures.

And i must admit French usually don't speak english, don't want, and well the french accent is almost impossible to get rid of. Happens to me to say just "yes" and the guy pick up immediatly i'm french :) A shame :)

But French langage is so beautiful "indeed" when you master it. Langage of litterature, of love :) Etc.

And half british/american langage coming from french langage, well well well, what a surprise hé hé hé...

Thanks a lot ballzafire for the info, i may check that if i want to move from the actually good condo in DCondo Hyde. Walls and windows are good, doors are poor indeed, but almost no noise from corridor. Kind of medium-high Thai society. Very big swimming pool, nice gym, very well situated in front of central plaza, and well... 30 square METERS (lol) are just but ok. I feel good :)

I would offer 10,000 first month, 10,000 second month, and then 10,000 for the remaining ten months, so for you a total  of 120,000 baht for the year. This way you get a discount on the first and second month. If you like it after a year, go ahead and buy it for 2.4 million. Sounds like a good plan. Tell them the Wizard

sent you and you'll get a free refrigerator!

34 minutes ago, Sambotte said:

Well a frog is a fr.. french :)

Our favourite watering hole was the Frog & Rosbif in Paris. One of the only places you could get a decent beer.

On the accommodation front. This is turning out to be a great thread with good info from many.

My wife and I are deciding between a "larger" condo (30CM is not big enough for anyone), a house or maybe just outside of Chiang Rai...http://kay.estate/retirement-home-in-chiang-rai-golden-living-package-mae-chan/.

You may not be old enough to want to lay back and do nothing but that is my idea of heaven.

Keep us all informed about the house hunting.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived