German man arrested in Pattaya on Munich warrant

webfact

German man arrested in Pattaya on Munich warrant

c1.jpg

Image: Chonburi Immigration

PATTAYA: -- A German man  is the latest to be arrested by Chonburi Immigration in their "Good guys in, Bad guys out!" campaign.

Markus Andre, 56, was wanted by a Munich court in his native Germany.

Thai immigration followed his trail to the Khian Thalee building in Banglamung where he was arrested in room 608. He is being prepared for deportation.

The charges from Germany are believed to relate to reporting bankruptcy.

Also of interest to the authorities this last week was a business offering foreigners rented rooms by the month in the area called Eidelweiss Co Ltd. 

The company had not been reporting foreign visitors to immigration within the required 24 hours.

Chaiya Phapjanda, 42, a Thai man who said he was looking after the building, was fined 1,600 baht and told to follow the requirements of the law in future.

Sources: Chonburi Immigration A, B

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-25

6 hours ago, ukrules said:

Reporting bankruptcy ? What exactly is that in Germany ?

I find it hard to believe it's much of a crime.

"relating to reporting bankruptcy"

Of course proper reporting (in time) is not a crime.

"delay in filing bankruptcy petition" could be a criminal act.

(I don't know the English term)

6 hours ago, ukrules said:

I believe when you file for bankruptcy, you can not leave the country until all proceedings are complete.

18 hours ago, ukrules said:

Perhaps they are alleging false bankruptcy reporting which is very common everywhere.  Computer data bases are putting the hurt on folks trying to beat the bankruptcy system.:(

So, the last "criminal" should have realized that Thailand isn't the right place to hide, even TH have no extradition agreement with most European countries. But obviously, it's in both interest to kick bad people out and bring them home.

2 hours ago, jinners said:

Yes, but they  are in Thailand and hence do NOT wish for sharia law/Halal meat everywhere or the acceptance or otherwise of rules and laws specifically muslim as has become the norm in Germany and many other european countries

Even Halal in Thailand; Look at your Snickers Candy Bar, Chinese Halal Assoc. marking. Meiji Milk, has Hala Marking on their Milk Bottles, what the hell is that ?? Control, Control even here in an 86% Buddhist Country !!

Gulliver's Hotel, on Soi 5, stayed there and guess what, no Bacon on breakfast buffet, why because  Muslims are taking over Soi 3, 5 and on the way to 7. They have now crossed Sukumvit and are taking much of Soi 4.

3 hours ago, gchurch259 said:

no Bacon on breakfast buffet, why because  Muslims are taking over

Bacon is not good for your health anyway so I call that progress. 

"The company had not been reporting foreign visitors to immigration within the required 24 hours."

Not easy to follow this requirement when the Immigration Department's "extranet" secure computer server is always inoperable.

Come to think of it this computer server is "very" secure when no one can use it.

1 hour ago, balo said:

Bacon is not good for your health anyway so I call that progress. 

says who ?

very naive comment mate with nothing to back it up apart from bias research

nothing wrong with pork or pork fat, its the other crap that does us damage, oils and sugars

fruit can be worse than bacon, if you read any recent unbiased research you would know why.

15 minutes ago, mki8 said:

says who ?

very naive comment mate with nothing to back it up apart from bias research

nothing wrong with pork or pork fat, its the other crap that does us damage, oils and sugars

fruit can be worse than bacon, if you read any recent unbiased research you would know why.

Have a read of this:

World Cancer Research Fund / American Institute for Cancer Research.

Food, Nutrition, Physical Activity, and the Prevention of Cancer: a Global Perspective.

Washington DC: AICR, 2007

And then report back on the health risks of cured meat products.

The research on bacon, ham, sausages etc.. has been out for a while.

Go vegan - its the only way to live !

On 25.8.2016 at 3:12 PM, ukrules said:

As per §15a InsO ("Insolvenzverschleppung") you are required to report (better: file for) insolvency without undue (or culpable) delay, at the latest within 21 days. That's probably what's a stake here, usually however other things turn up at the same time, such as bankruptcy, fraud, non-payment of social contributions for employees, tax-dodging and all the bookkeeping having vanished. Failure to file for insolvency is actually just a misdemeanor, 3 years max or a fine, so that was hardly all there is to this.

Nothing to do with personal debt (or, more accurately, the inability to pay up), actually if it is just you personally outside of any company going into insolvency you don't need to report that.

Archived