Thought I was meeting a normal girl....

ev1lchris

If there are 4 customers in a bar with a joint bill and one of them leaves, I don't see haw he can be called a thief. There were still 3 others at the table with the ability to pay.

My "friend" was already drinking whiskey. Plus she's not a bar girl but she is a patron.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, transam said:

You don't liv 'ere then........?

1 hour ago, MissAndry said:

I was sitting in a popular bar in Chang Mai a few weeks back, when a guy selling fish and chips cruised by. I bought some, and when I sat back down at my table the 'bar girl' brought over a plate, fork and spoon for me to eat it with.

Must not be such a popular bar if they do not serve food. 

Real businesses cater drinks and food and do not allow outside food or drinks and yes I do live here, full time , almost 17 years.

must have different definitions of popular ?

I was sitting in a popular bar in Chang Mai a few weeks back, when a guy selling fish and chips cruised by. I bought some, and when I sat back down at my table the 'bar girl' brought over a plate, fork and spoon for me to eat it with.

Ive always been lucky …. 99% of my thai interactions have been with good mannered and nice people…like the one you mention.

3 minutes ago, Jimdbim said:

Must not be such a popular bar if they do not serve food. 

Real businesses cater drinks and food and do not allow outside food or drinks and yes I do live here, full time , almost 17 years.

many bar beer do not serve food…only drink and worn out girls who will bore you to tears and play connect 4 and jenga with you….when they're not on their phones.

they usually have an arrangement with other restaurants, and permit food ordered in from them to be served. 

13 hours ago, ev1lchris said:

Think about it.

1 Beer
4 Whiskey for normal customer. I say normal because this girl might try to claim lady drinks even though she doesn't work for the bar.

2 lady drinks 3 max
Some type of Isan food that I never even got

Does that equal 2300 baht?

Yes, because the "lady drinks" were champagne.

This is normal practice.

Sure, the champagne is actually lemon juice, but the police won't see it that way.

Never buy strangers drinks.

Tradition is, person who invites pays, so in theory the girl should have paid, if she's pretending not to be a hooker.

Tradition in a sex worker environment? Don't be daft.

Not those kinds of traditions, anyway.

Plus, just as easily as you can throw out a tradition of the inviter paying I can throw one about the oldest, richest, or with the most 'status' which is likely to be the sex tourist.

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

many bar beer do not serve food…only drink and worn out girls who will bore you to tears and play connect 4 and jenga with you….when they're not on their phones.

they usually have an arrangement with other restaurants, and permit food ordered in from them to be served. 

Thank you for education, was not aware, I am just a newbie, only 17 years?

And people wonder why us "farangs" are treated the way they are in these places/areas (generally), makes you wonder if its as a result of actions like these that lead the Thai people to act the way they do toward foreigners.

Thanks OP, you are a shining example, thanks to you I wonder how the next "Farang" that enters that place will be treated, will he pay for your actions ??

People complain about the way Thai people treat them etc is not really any wonder with people like this about is it, then he comes on here bragging about his deception and theft like he deserves a pat on the back. What a "hero".

13 hours ago, bamukloy said:

No-one calls troll because its the usual standard BS farang story, weve all heard many times. Usually they escape through toilets that have multiple exits. Laying down in the taxi is a nice touch tho

:coffee1:

Laying down in the Taxi. Hilarious! Under these circumstances, I would have preferred to lay in the trunk of the Taxi, regardless of what the Taxi driver might have thought.

But the story is somewhat incomplete. To top it, OP should have made a"runner" and not pay the Taxi driver.:cheesy:

Cheers.

22 hours ago, kingalfred said:

Answer to your question . Yes!! They want money and security,until they get bored with you and find another victim

Altogether now . .  ."Aaaahhhhh" 

Did this happen to you, poor chap?

If you're even remotely engaging, chances are your money will run out before her interest in you does

The OP seems to think that theres a big dividing line between prostitutes and non prostitutes .

Yes, there are prostitutes that only do prostitution and there are non prostitutes who never do it .

There also many who have a normal regular job and sometimes participate in order to supplement their job salary

These are usually ex bargirls who have gotten themselves a legitimate job or business and sometimes indulge , for the money excitement and a free night out whilst getting paid .

A similar thing happened to me recently , a female asked me out to drink a beer, which I did . She took me to a girly bar and She seemed to know everyone there . I got myself a beer and she got herself a bottle of whisky , her friend came to join us and she asked me to buy her a drink , which I did .

The another girl came to join us and she asked for a drink.

"Stop right there" "Give me my bill" It was 800 Baht .

I paid up and immediately left .

As soon as I realised that this wasnt a social drink and that I was a customer, I walked out and left

I pay as i go always seedy area or not....if I'm getting ripped off i will know within an instant as was the case once.......leaving with only one mouth full...

And not wise to piss off anyone especially when its not your country...just not wise for a few lousy dollars.

Leaving without paying is illegal .

If the OP thought that his bill was being padded , then he should have bought this up at he time .

He did a runner and it seems like he will get away with it , I wouldnt recommend though, these situations have often ended with violence .

Some places allow food in from outside and others do not .

Restaurants generally do not, whilst bars do 

Last time I went to a bar I noticed these things called menus or price lists, failing that, they will usually answer a question like "How much is a drink". I also noticed that its very easy to keep track of your spending as the dockets are in a little wooden cup in front of you.

The last thing I picked up on was my option to say No, if I was asked to buy a drink.

23 minutes ago, sanemax said:

A drunk girl comes up to you and asks for your contact details .

Takes you to a seedy bar where she knows the owner and other girls there .

It should have been quite clear to you at that moment what she was/is

It doesnt really matter if she is a Bar girl or your bank manager, if you order drinks without asking the price, say yes to buying drinks for others, the bill is your responsibility. 

On 8/26/2016 at 1:48 PM, MissAndry said:

person who invites pays,

46 minutes ago, Anthony5 said:

Looking at your other posts in this thread, I hope you learn a bit more in the next 17 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97trw1rrls4

On 8/26/2016 at 1:48 PM, MissAndry said:

Tradition is, person who invites pays, so in theory the girl should have paid, if she's pretending not to be a hooker.

The person who invites pays?? Maybe in some cases, but mostly in Thailand, it is the richest who pays, and that usually means the Farang.

On 8/26/2016 at 10:39 AM, Jimdbim said:

Ok, not trying to be funny, but I think it has something to do with you.

may be try not to speak or wear a mask or sunglasses.

i have never had my bill padded and if there was some error it was fixed without a problem or a scene.

you do of course know and realize from your extensive knowledge and experience with thai people that bars have different prices?

some bars do charge more for drinks than others and some in BKK charge as much as 450 for a beer.

Also not too sure what village or trailer park you came from but it is NOT a custom to bring outside food or drinks into a place where you are.

jimbim joined last thursday at 07:51 pm....:whistling:

Blocking numbers on the Mobile usually only works for blocking of voicecalls on the majority of them. Yes of course there are exception to that...

You'd need a specific App installed, such as Guardian for Android, which is quite comprehensive in Blocking whatever you want...

well, that was a Positive, but what about:

If the Taxi operates around about that Bar and they know him, and you were silly enough to be dropped off at YOUR address

Did you try disputing the bill? Believe it or not, that usually works here, even when someone's trying to pull a fast one on you.

With regards to your last question, yes, some women here that have normal day jobs are as shady as any other. Many of em are fairly up front about being gold diggers too.

I pay as i go always seedy area or not....if I'm getting ripped off i will know within an instant as was the case once.......leaving with only one mouth full...

And not wise to piss off anyone especially when its not your country...just not wise for a few lousy dollars.

You pay for EVERY drink as you go? Touch paranoid?

Last time I went to a bar I noticed these things called menus or price lists, failing that, they will usually answer a question like "How much is a drink".

Have to wonder how some guys survive here...all the tools available but inability to use them

A drunk girl comes up to you and asks for your contact details .

Takes you to a seedy bar where she knows the owner and other girls there .

It should have been quite clear to you at that moment what she was/is

A drunk?

6 hours ago, sanemax said:

These are usually ex bargirls

Usually ex-bargirls, are you sure about that?

6 hours ago, sanemax said:

If the OP thought that his bill was being padded , then he should have bought this up at he time .

He did a runner and it seems like he will get away with it , I wouldnt recommend though, these situations have often ended with violence .

Some places allow food in from outside and others do not .

Restaurants generally do not, whilst bars do 

Sweet informativity.

5 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

It doesnt really matter if she is a Bar girl or your bank manager, if you order drinks without asking the price, say yes to buying drinks for others, the bill is your responsibility. 

Alright Chris. Next time you do a runner, do it on the Amazing Smiling Cigarette Butt Men in their Asoke junction lair, and film it.

Then don't upload it to the internet.

Or do and be our hero, for all butt-hurt falang and non-falang alike.

(Remember: as a non-falang you are a person too).

1 hour ago, eldragon said:

With regards to your last question, yes, some women here that have normal day jobs are as shady as any other.

"Shop girls, office ladies, lots of uni students... meet social media."

"Sawatdee ka."

'Ere she comes on 'er Fino, got an iPhone to pay

'N she never left the jungle.

Well, not yet anyway.

It's everywhere.

They drop in and out whilst you shake it all about.

While I understand the OP's plight, I also know plenty of young expats whose only goal in Thailand is to bang as many girls as possible for free.  And of course, they never reveal their intent to these girls.  So there's plenty of dishonesty on both sides.  

Archived