Dog attack on three year old - who should be responsible for dogs outside shops?

webfact

12 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Nothing will change until the son or daughter of someone with real wealth and power gets scarred for life.

Except that people with 'real wealth and power' have other people to got to the 7-eleven for them.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Except that people with 'real wealth and power' have other people to got to the 7-eleven for them.

and the children of those with real power and wealth generally don't even live in thailand most of the time so it's not their problem ; )

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

If my wife told me 'You can go to your country' then I would.

yes mate. if my mrs told me that i would too, maybe not my home country but far enough away from her. oh and the dog, shoot the bloody thing if it goes on your property unwelcome. 

1 hour ago, Happy enough said:

yes mate. if my mrs told me that i would too, maybe not my home country but far enough away from her. oh and the dog, shoot the bloody thing if it goes on your property unwelcome. 

Our wee patch is well walled and if any street dog managed somehow to get in I wouldn't have to shoot it ?.

Only problems I would have are bagging the body and getting my two dogs checked for anything they might have got in contact with it.

?

They are big soft lumps but!!!

3 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Our wee patch is well walled and if any street dog managed somehow to get in I wouldn't have to shoot it ?.

Only problems I would have are bagging the body and getting my two dogs checked for anything they might have got in contact with it.

?

They are big soft lumps but!!!

i have 2 huskies and a staff which was imported. the soi dogs don't dare go near them. soi dogs are smart ; )

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

IMO its quite simple: 

1) The Dog is owned, with a Collar and and must be on a leash whenever in a public area - the Owner is fully responsible. 

2) The Dog is 'un-owned' has no collar, is considered a 'Soi-Dog' - The City / Authorities are fully responsible for their failure to make the street clear of stray dogs. 

It really is that simple. However, add a little laziness, lashings of 'can't give a t0$$' and a massive dollop of avoiding responsibility and accountability and we have children getting attached and everyone avoiding the root issues. 

Unfortunately not so easy. Dog can have collar, so it is owned by someone, but no one know who is the owner.

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

IMO its quite simple: 

1) The Dog is owned, with a Collar and and must be on a leash whenever in a public area - the Owner is fully responsible. 

2) The Dog is 'un-owned' has no collar, is considered a 'Soi-Dog' - The City / Authorities are fully responsible for their failure to make the street clear of stray dogs. 

It really is that simple. However, add a little laziness, lashings of 'can't give a t0$$' and a massive dollop of avoiding responsibility and accountability and we have children getting attached and everyone avoiding the root issues. 

Unfortunately not so easy. Dog can have collar, so it is owned by someone, but who own it no one knows.

Sterilization is 100% useless. First it does not remove dogs from soi. It affects only males dogs, one non sterilized dog can give sperm to hundreds of female dogs, so no dog population reduction at all. Also it is expensive procedure. Things that really work are injection, gas camera and gun shot.

7 minutes ago, leonidpattayski said:

Unfortunately not so easy. Dog can have collar, so it is owned by someone, but who own it no one knows.

Sterilization is 100% useless. First it does not remove dogs from soi. It affects only males dogs, one non sterilized dog can give sperm to hundreds of female dogs, so no dog population reduction at all. Also it is expensive procedure. Things that really work are injection, gas camera and gun shot.

Well thats easily resolved... as I commented... 

8 minutes ago, leonidpattayski said:

Any dogs which are not on their leash in public should be collected up.

There have been so many threads of this subject, often quite divisive with some strong opinions, but for many the solution is simple. Collect up the stray / roaming dogs. Its not a popular solution, particularly with animal lovers and anyone with any level of empathy towards a living thing. However, this is an issue and one which needs resolution, one where half measures are unable to resolve anything and children will continue to get hurt. 

Until then we have to take our own measures which includes being extra vigilant of unaccompanied dogs especially when accompanying Children.

14 hours ago, leonidpattayski said:

I will go there for complain. Could you please tell me where this department of public health end environment is located?

Public Health building is on Soi Buakhaow in the same area as Pattaya City Hospital. You can enter through Fire station on 3rd road. There is a car park. Veterinary section is in basement. Last time I was there I found they don't speak much English so you may need a translator to go with you.

FYI: City vet is located in same area in porta cabin on fire station exit slipway road. The building may be primitive but the vet and nurses are excellent. Good for annual inoculations and de-sexing.

Most posts above are right on the money, it is the job of the local authorities to get these dogs that are simply roaming the streets day and night off the street. This poor girl has been left traumatized and scarred physically as the authorities just say mai pen rai and don't bother to keep the streets clear.

It is another real marker of a 3rd world country to have dogs roaming around all parts, in and around schools, businesses, and even on busy roads. They're a disgrace, simple. They need to be either reunited with their owners or euthanized imho. I hope the young girl recovers and is handsomely compensated for what she has been through

Exactly right. Such an obvious marker for a third world country - dogs roaming the streets.
Feel very sad for the girl, depending on the ongoing disfigurement it could have a major effect on her life.
The bs re Thailand 4.0 doesn't address this type of problem at all. Nor does the recent discussion about economic growth lifting the country to 1st world status.
Get those new tanks out catching dogs! Will be the only use they'll ever get.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The trouble is so many of these dogs are "owned" Thai style with many foreign residents taking the same approach.  large fines or jail for these people who don't control their dogs or ditch them when they move or leave the country is the only solution but almost impossible to implement without massive changes in peoples attitudes and behavior.

It's not difficult at all.
Local authorities need to remove all dogs without collars.
Get's rid of 99% of the problem.
Then remove any collared dogs which have been hanging around for more than one hour.
Next, chip all remaining dogs.
Fixed.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived