Dog attack on three year old - who should be responsible for dogs outside shops?

webfact

The government or mother nature. Certainly individuals can not do anything to these mongrel dogs because then for damned sure the government will put in jail and a big fine to boot. There is a pack of 7 running around my condo and it is just a matter of time til the attack some small child or a real pet dog.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Thian said:

Some of them also hate white people (like me), even when they see me sitting in the car (with open window) they can go beserk and bite the tires or chase the car.

Those nasty racist dogs.............keep taking the tablets fella :)

Make the parents take the blame! Does that include the parents of children killed, raped or kidnapped? Blame the parent and let the killer, rapist or kidnapper off scot free. Give me a break. A 3 year old is what a meter tall. Does a parent have to look down every second of every day to see that a dog hasn't come beside to take a bite. On many other threads people talk about freedom and how that is being taken away with the likes of SIM card tracking. What about the child's right to the freedom to walk around outside 7-11 without being attacked.

7 minutes ago, Keesters said:

He is the sole cause of kilos of dog poop all over a popular beach, yet I've never seen him clean up once. Idiot

Yes I've have seen him a couple of times...

There also used to be a Thai couple  turn up in their pickup truck  with a couple of black dogs and  big bags of food for the rest of the pack.

13 minutes ago, Keesters said:

These stray dogs also make it very difficult for the responsible dog owners who use the beach to exercise their dogs

I have also seen people turn up with their dogs  trying to let the get some exercise  only to be chased of by this marauding pack...lovely doggy who's a lovely boy then..awwww

6 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Make every dog owner get their dogs micro chipped, then impound any dog not micro chipped.

Put the dog wardens on "piece work" pay them for every dog caught. 

Impound any dog not leashed to its owner on public land. Micro-chipped or not. No dog should be free roaming on public land. A micro chip does not stop it from biting.

I had an incident with a dog in 2012.. i was walking back to my hotel through the alleyway from Suttisan MRT and out of nowhere some dog attacked me..  i kicked it in the head a few times .. hurt my foot in the process and lost a flipflop in the process but luckily it never managed to bite me 

fond memories :D 

26 minutes ago, farcanell said:

A trait which has, by and large, put humans at the top of natures food chain.

personally, I like being at the top of the food chain :whistling:

Exactly!

Which is why so many people think that any animal that hurts us in any way needs to be culled.

I find this 'entitled' attitude depressing, but obviously most think differently.

22 minutes ago, Keesters said:

Make the parents take the blame! Does that include the parents of children killed, raped or kidnapped? Blame the parent and let the killer, rapist or kidnapper off scot free. Give me a break. A 3 year old is what a meter tall. Does a parent have to look down every second of every day to see that a dog hasn't come beside to take a bite. On many other threads people talk about freedom and how that is being taken away with the likes of SIM card tracking. What about the child's right to the freedom to walk around outside 7-11 without being attacked.

What about the dog's right to live where he does?

But then we're back to the belief that people shouldn't have to share their 'space' with other species that hurt them in any way....

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

Exactly!

Which is why so many people think that any animal that hurts us in any way needs to be culled.

I find this 'entitled' attitude depressing, but obviously most think differently.

Not necessarily culled but removed from causing harm. Let the strays live out their de-sexed lives being properly taken care of in some facility or other. There is a humane way to solve this problem without resorting to culling.

All soi dogs need to die, hurting people or not, despite the whines of 'compassion' from the meat eaters. They are a health risk and a pest, Thailand will always look like a third world dump until it does something about the problem.

Just now, dick dasterdly said:

What about the dog's right to live where he does?

But then we're back to the belief that people shouldn't have to share their 'space' with other species that hurt them in any way....

Do dogs have rights? Maybe and the dogs foremost right is to nbe properly taken care of not left to fend for itself, hungry, injured, sick and unloved. Give it a home even if it is a group one.

2 minutes ago, thai3 said:

All soi dogs need to die, hurting people or not, despite the whines of 'compassion' from the meat eaters. They are a health risk and a pest, Thailand will always look like a third world dump until it does something about the problem.

Yes, those soi dogs have no right to live in the area which you are convinced you 'own'.

After all, they may possibly present a health risk (not sure how as its clear you wouldn't go anywhere near them) - but people like you certainly consider them a "pest" that needs to be culled.

And let's not forget your other point - the stray dogs make Thailand "look like a third world dump". :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Jimdbim said:

Yes those civilized countries have exterminated a number of species from the face of this earth.

Streets were not built by tax payers, because hardly anyone pays tax.

Why should they not be there? because someone incapable looking after a child? Do you think dog approached the child? or Child stepped or touched sleeping dog?

Moment has a broad definition. moment is all it takes for a car to hit a child

The roads are definitely not built by the dogs. Your view on this is that dogs and people should be treated the same. Disagree with you. These stray dogs should be put down, it would be merciful for many of them. Those that have owners should be taken to a pound and the owners given 7 days to collect them. If they do then impose a fine if they don't it it's doggy heaven for the dog,

Either you consider the people important or you don't and right now a person seems to have less consideration than a stray dog.

Just now, gandalf12 said:

The roads are definitely not built by the dogs. Your view on this is that dogs and people should be treated the same. Disagree with you. These stray dogs should be put down, it would be merciful for many of them. Those that have owners should be taken to a pound and the owners given 7 days to collect them. If they do then impose a fine if they don't it I'd doggy heaven first the dog,

Either you consider the people important or you don't and right now a person seems to have less consideration than a stray dog.

You're quite right of course - the stray dogs didn't pay for the roads built by humans.

And now that us humans have done that, those irritating animals that sometimes hurt us should be eradicated.

Just now, TheFishman1 said:

I lived on in island off if Belize they had in the paper a few days ealrier to keep ur dog off the streets on a particular day ,that day they rounded up all the street dogs problem solved but we talking about Thailand here

What happened the next day? Did you all let your dog out on the street again to poop & piss wherever? To run around chasing bicycles and motorbikes causing accidents? To sit in front of 7-11s where they can bite 3 year olds? Seems a stupid solution to me.

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

You're quite right of course - the stray dogs didn't pay for the roads built by humans.

And now that us humans have done that, those irritating animals that sometimes hurt us should be eradicated.

Yes, well said Dick, eradicate the lot of them then problem solved.

If only there was a way to round up those idiots who defend and feed these mutts

15 minutes ago, Keesters said:

I don't pretend to know what you do but I do know that I have NEVER advocated culling of dogs. Get them off the streets is my primary concern. as it would be better for them and the humans. I am not pretending anything and object to your insinuating I advocate culling. Once off the streets others more qualified than I and probably you can decide what is to become of them.

I can't be bothered to trawl through your posts, but you've been a determined poster about getting rid of stray dogs (IIRC with a web site about dogs attacking people?)  Are you going to pay for them to be moved to a kind and considerate shelter?

If not, then your whole, determined argument that stray dogs need to be removed adds up to one thing - culling.

5 minutes ago, Truscott said:

Yes, well said Dick, eradicate the lot of them then problem solved.

If only there was a way to round up those idiots who defend and feed these mutts

Always good to hear from yet another poster convinced that humans have the right to get rid of any type of animal that occasionally hurts them.

Obviously nobody is responsible, but accidentally hit a stray with yer car while the thing is running directly onto the street and somehow everyone suddenly is the owner and you are being held responsible....

Well, adding up 1+1 isn't easy enough for people around here. Needs a hi-so mauling before anything gets started anyway. Condolence to the girl and right welcome to the attitude of your country.

Obviously nobody is responsible, but accidentally hit a stray with yer car while the thing is running directly onto the street and somehow everyone suddenly is the owner and you are being held responsible....

Well, adding up 1+1 isn't easy enough for people around here. Needs a hi-so mauling before anything gets started anyway. Condolence to the girl and right welcome to the attitude of your country.

3 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I can't be bothered to trawl through your posts, but you've been a determined poster about getting rid of stray dogs (IIRC with a web site about dogs attacking people?)  Are you going to pay for them to be moved to a kind and considerate shelter?

If not, then your whole, determined argument that stray dogs need to be removed adds up to one thing - culling.

I'll pay my share through taxes. Will you pay your share of this little girls injuries and her parents heartache caused by the dog you advocate has the right to be there?

7 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

1 minute ago, Keesters said:

I'll pay my share through taxes. Will you pay your share of this little girls injuries and her parents heartache caused by the dog you advocate has the right to be there?

Yes, your taxes have paid for a kind, considerate shelter for stray dogs :lol:.

Obviously you know this is not the case, but still continue the crusade to get rid of the stray dogs that invade your 'space' - and very occasionally hurt people.

Bearing in mind there ARE NO kind, considerate govt. shelters for stray dogs - I'd be interested to learn what you think should happen to them?

10 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Yes they need 'culling', they are dangerous, flea ridden and an health hazzard. What do you think they do with dogs off the streets in our native countries of origin, house them in the Ritz? If they are not claimed within a reasonable amount of time they are dispatched. Be real what can you do with millions of strays, even you must realise that?

30 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

More merciful to put them down than to let them go around the way many are.

(Wrong icon unless you admire Muttley you sniggering hound)

4 minutes ago, gandalf12 said:

More merciful to put them down than to let them go around the way many are.

(Wrong icon unless you admire Muttley you sniggering hound)

I'm inclined to agree - to a certain extent.

There are some stray dogs out there that are dying and a merciful end would be the right thing to do.  But there is no 'merciful end' for stray dogs in Thailand.

Instead we have the multitude on this thread demanding that stray dogs should be got rid of in one way or another......

6 hours ago, Jimdbim said:

Yes those civilized countries have exterminated a number of species from the face of this earth.

Streets were not built by tax payers, because hardly anyone pays tax.

Why should they not be there? because someone incapable looking after a child? Do you think dog approached the child? or Child stepped or touched sleeping dog?

Moment has a broad definition. moment is all it takes for a car to hit a child

how you justify stray dogs chasing motorbikes and causing accidents ? would like to see you after such happening, must to pay for a damaged car and hospital bill etc....or , lets say somebody of your innocent beloved ones would loose life ? still backing up the right of the street dog????

Archived