Walking Street Super Heroes to the Rescue - but it's Hua Hin not Pattaya

rooster59

1 hour ago, Yann55 said:

I beg to differ. It is not a global world, these superheroes are not global and they have nothing to do with actual culture. What they are is a purely American commercial product which has been repeatedly and very cunningly forced down the throats of other countries by American mega-corporations, for several decades, with the sole purpose of amassing billions of dollars and with no consideration whatsoever over the consequences on the neurones of 'consumers' (known as 'the target' by marketing wizards - what a highly appropriate word)

20 years back, I always chalked the American merchandisers as amateurs compared to the Japanese.  Exploitative as it is, when you buy Superhero merchandise, you get, well, actual merchandise.  As opposed to YuGio (sp?) and others, where the Japanese built a market for tiny pieces of cardboard based on Saturday morning cartoons and manipulated scarcity of trading cards.  I still remember the bratty daughter of a California lady I dated that threw a tantrum when the one card she needed was nowhere in the $200 worth of card packs her Mom had bought her that month.

On the topic of Superheroes, it's not my cuppa, but the ladies dressing up for ComiCon that's held in BITEC can be pretty hot. 30-40 years too young for me, but interesting, and hot.  And no, I don't go to ComiCon.  But it usually coincides with machinery trade shows at BITEC.  I think it's every year, but not sure.

6 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Great fun but isn't the alien that Arnold killed a bad guy?

Or did they become a super hero in a sequel?

I bet the kid had fun and its no less strange than seeing pro-athlete size lb's running around in high heels.

Surprised there is no Hitler or SS hero's in the photo too. TIT

This week the Thai language media has reported on a galaxy of Thai actors, actresses and superheroes visiting Hua Hin to reassure Thais that all is ok in Hua Hin.  Someone, or some people, are sure spending a lot of money to lure Thais back to Hua Hin.

Inevitable progression when the lines between fact and fiction are erased on a daily basis. One quality superheroes have in common is they get away from sitting on backsides all day in office hoping criminals will come and turn selves in.

On 8/27/2016 at 5:00 AM, ScotBkk said:

It has just occurred to me that the superhero really only originates in America. That seems to be the only country (in the past) that has produced this unusual and bizarre phenomenon. It's probably only now been last in line to be copied in this fashion in Asia. :coffee1:

May I suggest that you look back in history because we have examples going back to Egyptian, Greek, and Roman times?  However, it does take some reading to uncover the superheroes of yesteryear, such as Homer's two tomes.  Oh, what about Robin Hood, and people like him.  Most do not understand what such superheroes were because their "styles" were not defined the same as those of today, but they were superheroes.

On 8/27/2016 at 7:23 PM, ClutchClark said:

I don't get this.

Are you being cynical?

If so its in very poor taste.

Hello, nice to meet you.

I am afraid you may have missed the point.

This is the woman who died and of course I am being sarcastic about them visiting her children.

I am illustrating how completely pointless what the Thai are doing with this stupid superhero thing is. 

And I am going to keep reminding people this is the woman who died. This is what she looked like.

I saw her blood all over the Soi with my own eyes. 

Thank you

Archived