BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

German fails in suicide bid - despite slashing throat and jumping from 14th floor

German fails in suicide bid - despite slashing throat and jumping from 14th floor

aHR0cDovL3BlMS5pc2Fub29rLmNvbS9ucy8wL3VkLzQxMS8yMDU2MjE4LzcyNDYyNy0wMS5qcGc=.jpg

Image: Sanook

BANGKOK:-- A 61 year old German man failed to kill himself despite slashing his neck and throwing himself out of a 14th floor Bangkok hotel room.

Thomas Willy Mahlendorf suffered serious injuries after he landed on the 12th floor. 

The sloping nature of the hotel in Rachadapisek Soi 17 saved his life. He was rushed to hospital.

Suthisan police said that they believe he had tried to kill himself. So far the authorities have failed to contact any relatives of the man who remains in hospital.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-28

Had he succeeded then several here would be calling it murder and blaming the BiB for a cover-up  ;-)

The poor guy thought his life was bad before...now its even worse.

Slashes his throat and throws himself out a window, sounds like he was serious. Oh wait, that's what the police believe so might wait to hear what the Germans believes.

Had he succeeded then several here would be calling it murder and blaming the BiB for a cover-up  ;-)

The poor guy thought his life was bad before...now its even worse. Look at how barren & depressing that room is. Filled with only a few very cheap pieces of furniture. 

What is this strange attraction to Thailand that expats get when they choose to stay here in these squallid conditions and all alone? 

IMO his money had run out.  He could see no future for himself. No money in LOS is very bad. Very sorry for him 

30 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Slashes his throat and throws himself out a window, sounds like he was serious. Oh wait, that's what the police believe so might wait to hear what the Germans believes.

Take a look at that room and tell me why you think it was murder and not suicide?

That guys life is worth jumping out  a window for...although I never understand the decision to not just OD on pills after a night of boozing it up.

Painless, no mess.

1 hour ago, ClutchClark said:

The poor guy thought his life was bad before...now its even worse. Look at how barren & depressing that room is. Filled with only a few very cheap pieces of furniture. 

What is this strange attraction to Thailand that expats get when they choose to stay here in these squallid conditions and all alone? 

"What is this strange attraction to Thailand that expats get when they choose to stay here in these squallid conditions and all alone"? 

It's a hotel room and from the very limited view it's difficult if not impossible to tell much about it at all, hardly squalid though!

1 hour ago, ClutchClark said:

Take a look at that room and tell me why you think it was murder and not suicide?

That guys life is worth jumping out  a window for...although I never understand the decision to not just OD on pills after a night of boozing it up.

Painless, no mess.

When did I say it was murder, the very word isn't even in my post.  The guy isn't even dead and what I was saying is I would rather hear the Germans version of events and not what bumbling bib believe happened.  

1 minute ago, Thechook said:

When did I say it was murder, the very word isn't even in my post.  The guy isn't even dead and what I was saying is I would rather hear the Germans version of events and not what bumbling bib believe happened.  

Absolutely and my apology. I attempted to edit my post after reconsidering yours but the damned website siezes up all the time when I edit.  I will be happy when this transition is sorted out.

Cheers

15 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

"What is this strange attraction to Thailand that expats get when they choose to stay here in these squallid conditions and all alone"? 

It's a hotel room and from the very limited view it's difficult if not impossible to tell much about it at all, hardly squalid though!

Interesting...that photo of the room describes quite a lot to me.

Just now, ClutchClark said:

Interesting...that photo of the room describes quite a lot to me.

If the bed were made and covered with a floral cover it would be a totally different picture.

Some people comes to Thailand hoping for a fresh start in this sunny country,

probably not having much of a life to speak of back in their respective courtiers,

and when money runs out, no friends to talk to, problems with a woman,

dark clouds of despair and loneliness descend up him, this is when a decision

to end it all comes about....

German products are built to last.