Marriage visa 400,000 THB

The 400k baht only has to be in bank for 2 months before you apply after you have your extension stamp you can use the funds to live on. You would just have to top it up 2 months before your next extension.

I am not sure what a bank would do for you.

The 400k baht only has to be in bank for 2 months before you apply after you have your extension stamp you can use the funds to live on. You would just have to top it up 2 months before your next extension.

Do the funds need to originate from overseas?

I deposited the funds in cash in my Thai bank account. Do I need to wire the funds overseas and then back if this is a requirement?

And I have heard in savvanhet laos, no proof of funds is needed. But I need to so visa runs every 90 days. What is this visa called?

And the marriage visa with proof of 400,000, I can stay in the country for a year and need to do 90 day reports. What is this visa called?

Thanks

Proof the 400k baht came for abroad is not required  to apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage you would apply for at immigration. You need a non immigrant class O ( non-o ) visa entry to apply for the extension, A single entry non-o would be all you would need. You only need to do 90 day reports to immigration .

You can apply for a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof. The visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue, You would have to leave the country every 90 days for a new entry.

"Would the bank let me put the 400,000 in a term deposit, and then let me borrow funds as needed thus using the 400,000 as collateral for the loan?"

Even if the bank would do that, I'm not sure immigration would allow it.  I've understood that whatever type of account you used, the money must be available to you.  In your scenario, that money would be tied up.

Proof the 400k baht came for abroad is not required  to apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage you would apply for at immigration. You need a non immigrant class O ( non-o ) visa entry to apply for the extension, A single entry non-o would be all you would need. You only need to do 90 day reports to immigration .

You can apply for a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof. The visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue, You would have to leave the country every 90 days for a new entry.

So I need to get married in Thaialnd, go to savannakhet with required documents but no proof of income. Then I have 90 days in the country.

Then 60 days before my 90 days are up, I deposit the funds in the bank. Then when my 90 days is up, I go to immigration to apply for extension where they then will want proof of the 400,000?

Then I report every 90 days and do not need to leave the country for one year.

Then I repeat this process again each year?

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Essentially correct, but my understanding is that it's 2 months only the first time, then in the following years it's 3 months in the bank.

To the OP: reading your posts, it seems that you are trying to find a way to stay in Thailand with barely enough funds. Cleary it's none of my business, but are you aware that even with a spouse visa you won't be allowed to work and earn money while living here? Unless you get a WP, in which case you can have your own visa.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hohososo said:

So I need to get married in Thaialnd, go to savannakhet with required documents but no proof of income. Then I have 90 days in the country.

Then 60 days before my 90 days are up, I deposit the funds in the bank. Then when my 90 days is up, I go to immigration to apply for extension where they then will want proof of the 400,000?

Then I report every 90 days and do not need to leave the country for one year.

Then I repeat this process again each year?

You would only need a single entry non- visa to a apply for the extension which can be applied for in Vientiane also.

You would want to put the money in the bank early enough during the 90 day entry so that you would not have to wait until the last day to apply for the extension. The funds need to be in the bank for 2 months on the date your apply.

You only need to do 90 day reports if you get the extension.

You can apply for a new extension every year after getting the first one (no need for a new visa).

• 2 years later...

NOT have 60 day at bank account money need be, sure i just has immigration and no accept 89 day has bank account certificate paper, next day need go new made visa then has full 90 day has in bank account money, immigratrion have wery exact have sure full 90 day  - 3 month, officer calculate eweryday sure.

On 8/28/2016 at 9:38 PM, arithai12 said:

Essentially correct, but my understanding is that it's 2 months only the first time, then in the following years it's 3 months in the bank.

To the OP: reading your posts, it seems that you are trying to find a way to stay in Thailand with barely enough funds. Cleary it's none of my business, but are you aware that even with a spouse visa you won't be allowed to work and earn money while living here? Unless you get a WP, in which case you can have your own visa.

Sorry your wrong on that about the 'spouse visa.'

Any Non Immigrant visa except OA visa can support a WP.

A retirement extension does not allow working.

An extension of a Non O visa based on being married supports a WP

Edited by overherebc