"I was not playing Pokémon Go" claims Chonburi dad as son nearly dies after being crushed by TV

webfact

"I was not playing Pokémon Go" claims Chonburi dad as son nearly dies after being crushed by TV

p2.jpg

Image: Thairath

CHONBURI: -- A father has hit back at online claims that he was playing Pokémon Go while his son nearly died.

Twenty five year old Nathawut Udomsawaengchok's three year old climbed up on a TV stand on Saturday pulling the 20 inch TV and its stand on top of himself, reported Thairath. It hit his head knocking him out and smashing a vertebrae in his neck.

He needed CPR to survive.

The boy's grandfather was interviewed and said that his father was only interested in playing the augmented reality game and ignored his kids.

But as his son recovered in hospital the father hit back saying there was no truth in that - the grandfather was not even there. 

He had been distracted when his two year old daughter ran out of the house then he heard a crash as the furniture came tumbling down on his son inside.

The former foundation worker gave CPR and called medics who continued with the life saving work. Now his son  Nathapark, 3, is recovering in Chonburi Hospital.

While he admitted he did enjoy playing the game he was not negligent.

Nathawut's mother Thongplian Nawasimainam stood by him, too, saying that after his wife left him, her son had quit his job to take care of the children.

Earlier the granddad Sukit Udomsawaengchok, 59, was quoted online warning parents about playing the game and leaving their kids in potential danger.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-29

Although I don't like this Pokemon game, in fact I don't like any computer game, it's not fair to put the blame on this game. 

As soon as Thai parents are distracted or occupied in any way, all the rest is neglected. 

Especially men (not only Thai men) are not very good at multi-tasking.......brb.......my kid is shitting in his pants

One aspect of the story concerns me.

A crushed vertebra is not normally remedied by CPR. Although complications, blood loss, etc. could lead to it.

My concern is that the untrained "paramedics" who toss patients in the "ambulance" that has no equipment are now using CPR as the magic cure-all for every prostrate patient. It looks great for uninformed observers, particularly hot chicks, who may believe that a life has been pulled back from the brink.

Or perhaps I have reached the point where I no longer believe anything I hear in this country.

Archived