New Zealand tourist dies after fall from Khaosan Road hotel

webfact

New Zealand tourist dies after fall from Khaosan Road hotel

BANGKOK: -- A man from New Zealand has died after falling from the fourth floor of a hotel on Khoasan Road in the early hours of Tuesday morning.

Manager Online reports the victim fell after trying to climb across to an adjacent balcony at the Chillax Resort.

Police and rescue workers from the Por Tek Tung Foundation attended the scene at Samsen Soi 2 just after 12:40am where they found the body of the victim laying in a pool of blood.

The report said that witnesses told police the victim had been drinking with friends before the incident and fell to his death while attempting to climb to the balcony of room 420 from room 422.

Officials from the New Zealand embassy have already been notified of the incident.

Police also confirmed the body has been sent for post mortem to establish an official cause of death.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-30

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Didja even read the article?

There were witnesses. 

Read the article?  Of course not.  Why get the facts when you can read a headline and start jumping (no pun intended) to conclusions based on bigotry and cynicism?  

3 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Didja even read the article?

There were witnesses. 

Dubous 

Witnesses or perpetrators that is the question of deduction my good friend. 

Many years of tv membership warps the mind to such a degree everyone is suspect :coffee1: 

2 hours ago, nausea said:

The article is in Thai.

what??? It is in English.. you need to read...  " The report said that witnesses told police Mr Mobbs had been drinking with friends before the incident and fell to his death while attempting to climb to the balcony of room 420 from room 422. "

21 minutes ago, ScotBkk said:

Dubous 

Witnesses or perpetrators that is the question of deduction my good friend. 

Many years of tv membership warps the mind to such a degree everyone is suspect :coffee1: 

Scot,

I don't know how to respond.

It sounds like a strange choice of a lifestyle.

Except that the witnesses were his friends on the balcony with him and who he was showing off to.

14 minutes ago, Agent Sumo said:

Idiotic thing to do especially when half cut but tragic nonetheless.

People become superhuman once they emerge from the airport

well a Dutch man survived 4 floors falling with just a few scratches...... maybe he saw that recent news report and was emboldened....

This is just another young guy coming on holiday here and believing themselves to be immortal immediately upon exiting the Arrivals hall. Much like the 'never ridden a bike before but I'd try one out in this crazy little third world country' and the Red Flags' out 'But I'm I'm going for a swim anyway, I'm on 'oliday' crowd. Not the first and most certainly not the last.

I remember back in the 1970's the city of Fort Lauderdale, Florida had so many spring breakers falling (or jumping into swimming pools) from balconies, the hotels finally sealed them off completely so no one could use them.   Eventually the city got tired of spring break altogether and chased the college kids out (which is when they started going to Cancun).  

4 minutes ago, dageurreotype said:

This is just another young guy coming on holiday here and believing themselves to be immortal immediately upon exiting the Arrivals hall. Much like the 'never ridden a bike before but I'd try one out in this crazy little third world country' and the Red Flags' out 'But I'm I'm going for a swim anyway, I'm on 'oliday' crowd. Not the first and most certainly not the last.

True but however sad this case ( and all the others before it...and those yet to come), it's really only a tiny fraction that get into bother: most of them behave pretty responsibly, have a great time and live to tell the tale. 

We've all made poor choices at times but survived  them. Sadly some don't survive their split second moment of madness.

4 hours ago, digibum said:

Read the article?  Of course not.  Why get the facts when you can read a headline and start jumping (no pun intended) to conclusions based on bigotry and cynicism?  

This is so typical here, people don't read and then have there own conclusions and roomers starts. Some people always have to turn it into negativity against Thais and Thailand. Sometimes I wonder why they are here in the first place?

Archived