New Zealand tourist dies after fall from Khaosan Road hotel

webfact

1 hour ago, boooker said:

I just had counted 176 jump/fall from balcony over the last 2 years.......some cannot be right as those numbers wake even the most crazy up.

Well, http://www.rightdiagnosis.com/f/falls/deaths.htm  claims that 41 deaths per day in the US by jump/fall--and that is based on a little over 15k deaths a year; some estimates are as high as 23k deaths per year from falls

Just set the ration between farangs  in Thailand and US population and get a rough estimate

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Michael8511 said:

This is so typical here, people don't read and then have there own conclusions and roomers starts. Some people always have to turn it into negativity against Thais and Thailand. Sometimes I wonder why they are here in the first place?

No, what you are describing is a more modern phenomenon. We want everything delivered immediately.  The video-sound bite has become the extent of our attention span. 

5 minutes ago, maraudingscot said:

Just wondering, why was he trying to go from 422 to 420 via the balcony, was 420 his room and he was locked out! article at beginning doesn't say why he was. and I cannot be bothered to google news? :)

What does it matter?

Yes, his room was 420. His buddies were in 422. They were drinking in 422 balcony and he saw a shortcut that would also show off his bravado. Thats what happens when you drink at that age right after getting laid four times that afternoon. 

Bullet proof.

But the railing probably gave way or the like. 

6 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

What does it matter?

Yes, his room was 420. His buddies were in 422. They were drinking in 422 balcony and he saw a shortcut that would also show off his bravado. Thats what happens when you drink at that age right after getting laid four times that afternoon. 

Bullet proof.

But the railing probably gave way or the like. 

Balustrades..

4 hours ago, nausea said:

The article is in Thai.

The OP isn't and clearly says :-

"The report said that witnesses told police Mr Mobbs had been drinking with friends before the incident and fell to his death while attempting to climb to the balcony of room 420 from room 422."

RIP young man and condolences to your family and friends, sadly you will never get a second chance from being silly young and fearless climbing from one balcony to another one,hopefully your death will prevent someone else from this dangerous Move 

5 hours ago, digibum said:

Read the article?  Of course not.  Why get the facts when you can read a headline and start jumping (no pun intended) to conclusions based on bigotry and cynicism?  

So , is there a problem here, :cheesy:with that.........................................

6 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

What a waste.

I don't know. All I could think of after reading this is how stupid can people be. I have the same sympathy for the victim that I have for racing car drivers and mountaineers when they meet their fate.

59 minutes ago, Maggusoil said:

Its called Dutch courage and comes in a bottle.

Yeah and I'd imagine it's also available in New Zealand

The truth is that people often take greater risks when they come to Thailand.

Like this poor fool or those who think it's ever so cool to ride around on motorbikes in Phuket without helmets or those who bang hookers without protection . . . the list is endless

1 hour ago, SOTIRIOS said:

....would really like to know who 'the witnesses' are.....

Yeah because farangs just don't do moronic things when they're drunk over here, do they?

There must be a shifty, resentful Thai somewhere in the sub-plot who was jealous that the Kiwi was having a good time banging some tattooed hog-in-knickers he picked up on Khaosan Road.

Just accept it - it was death by misadventure

6 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Didja even read the article?

There were witnesses. 

Doesn't matter on TVF.If they were Thai,totally unreliable and probably involved in a cover up.If they were westerners then yes,must be the truth.I'm surprised gf hasn't been mentioned yet.

9 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

What a waste.

yes i agree , but i was young once but i would never do a lot of sh,t these morons do. smart men usually work things out in a foreign country there has to be a seriten about of cannon fodder. SORRY. RIP

Archived