New Zealand tourist dies after fall from Khaosan Road hotel

webfact

Back at the turn of the centruy,  say 2003, Outside Magazine or N.G. Adventure, could even have been  Men's Journal, started to do a series about the Police in Pattaya. A day in the life type thing. One article and then they had to close it down and leave. Turns out the they talked to people about all the suicide jumnpers they found  it likely that the couple they had reported on had likely been NOT a suicide but homicide.

Oh My

As you can imagine when they asked one too many questions about this, the police in Pattaya becamse less friendly, all the talk of a series went right out the window and they left.

I'm sure that some people do commit suicide by jumping. That said would be a 3/1 or 5/1 ratio of homicide to suicide? When Thais joke about suicides jumpers with a wink and a nod, you know where the truth lies.

Sorry Dhream ... . your were attempting to deflect too. Copycat mentally ill was it ..... sure happens all the time

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bazza40 said:

Given the crass and insensitive remarks made by a few posters, I'm wondering if the moderators would consider a "WITHDRAW POST" function on Thai Visa, operable only by the poster who made the remark. Some may have the grace to admit their post was inappropriate.

The problem is that crass and insensitive ones would not have an inkling that their post was in fact ,crass and insensitive , let alone have the nous to admit their post was inappropriate.

Back at the turn of the centruy,  say 2003, Outside Magazine or N.G. Adventure, could even have been  Men's Journal, started to do a series about the Police in Pattaya. A day in the life type thing. One article and then they had to close it down and leave. Turns out the they talked to people about all the suicide jumnpers they found  it likely that the couple they had reported on had likely been NOT a suicide but homicide.

Oh My

As you can imagine when they asked one too many questions about this, the police in Pattaya becamse less friendly, all the talk of a series went right out the window and they left.

I'm sure that some people do commit suicide by jumping. That said would be a 3/1 or 5/1 ratio of homicide to suicide? When Thais joke about suicides jumpers with a wink and a nod, you know where the truth lies.

Sorry Dhream ... . your were attempting to deflect too. Copycat mentally ill was it ..... sure happens all the time

So in your learned opinion , what is this vast police conspiracy that literally dozens of unconnected tourists expats fugitives whatever are all thrown off a balcony.

With so many camera phones, and the likelihood of a victim screaming blue murder going over the edge, why has not one 'flyer' ever been filmed going down as a murder victim. Not One.

The bib are secretive anyway. Their handling of any death scene is keystonian.

I don't buy your mass unrelated murder theory. Its not logical.

My aincient background is among many other things, serving in three competent police forces. I have personally handled entire sudden death cases as the senior investigating officer, albeit in my tender twenties. And yours is?

Sent from my SM-J200GU using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, JulesMad said:

There should be a law in Thailand that forbids people to be stupid...
Prisons will be over-crowded ;-)
BUT.... not many people on the road anymore :-)  and life in general will be safer :-)

Come on, there isn't a guy on this forum that has not done some stupid things in their life when they were young.

Youth, hormones and booze--take the luck out of that equation and we all would have been a headline somewhere.

Come on, there isn't a guy on this forum that has not done some stupid things in their life when they were young.

Youth, hormones and booze--take the luck out of that equation and we all would have been a headline somewhere.

Ain't that the truth. I remember thinking I was going to drown crossing a bay at night in a wreck of a canoe half pissed... but im too scared of heights to have ever been a climber. Even sozzled. Thank god. We can swim up to a point, but we can't fly!

Sent from my SM-J200GU using Tapatalk

I don't buy your mass unrelated murder theory. Its not logical.

When did logic enter into your arguments?

People are always going to jump. However a country with a “suicide by jumping” that is 5 times higher for tourists and expats, than any other country in the world. Yet this is not odd, in fact it's logical ..... Hold the Troll Team, maybe you are an ex police at that! :D

Some people are always going to commit suicide by jumping. However when the locals laugh and joke about  foreigners getting offed in this way and you still can’t figure it out. No you're a Troll Team member. Good deflection though, much better than Swanny321   :thumbsup:

With so many camera phones, and the likelihood of a victim screaming blue murder going over the edge, why has not one 'flyer' ever been filmed going down as a murder victim. Not One.

Uh sorry, I know trolling is tough work but. A simple bop on the head and a plastic bag, a stun gun, drugs in drink. There are many ways to put a person down. Then when they ht the pavement, who would look any farther for a cause of death than the obvious, heh, Not the BIB :thumbsup:

Archived