BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
gprit

Building a wall around property cost

On 9/3/2016 at 1:43 AM, whaleboneman said:

I kind of like this idea except for the barbed wire. It would be like living in a concentration camp for the first 5 years. Also, it wouldn't keep the dogs and chickens out.

So make it chain link

On 9/3/2016 at 9:08 AM, Naam said:

shape does not matter as long the borders are straight, i.e. enclosing 1 rai = 160m.

No. Perimeter is calculated by adding up all 4 sides. P=2(L+W). If rectangular.

A 20 x 800 lot would be 200 metres.

Im rather suprised you would make this mistake.

17 hours ago, HooHaa said:

No. Perimeter is calculated by adding up all 4 sides. P=2(L+W). If rectangular.

i am checking whether people are alert. look at my posting of TWO YEARS AGO. :smile:

On 6/16/2018 at 2:15 PM, Naam said:

i am checking whether people are alert. look at my posting of TWO YEARS AGO. :smile:

Ah didnt realize post was ancient.

On 9/3/2016 at 7:43 AM, bazza40 said:

This is a village way out in the sticks. One of the guys who built it is a neighbour, quite a skilled artisan. My GF was paying him 250 baht a day, and he worked from dawn to dusk. Not all Thais fit the lazy stereotype. Maybe it looks impossible, but that's what she says she paid.

She also had dump trucks come in with soil from the rice fields to make a large vegetable garden. Many of her neighbours get free vegetables now. From memory, it was about 40 trucks with 3 cubic metres of soil each. 180 baht per truck, total 7200 baht.

250 a day? Are you sure that's all she's been paying this hard working young buck bazza?

I am curious about walls as I might go to Mexico (Joking),,,,,,,,Can one of you experts tall me........A non supporting 1.8m high perimeter wall cost say 2500 per meter what percentage of that 2,000 Baht is for the foundation?

Secondly if the ground is strong how deep should the posts and foundation be? 

The reason I ask is I am not sure what height the missus will decide on 1.8 meters or 1m high

Posted (edited)

How long how high would determine how much...........and they price by daily rates unless you deal with a company or the workers boss

If its say 10 meters you'll be pushed to get someone to come iMO

Edited by Tanlic

Luckily I have some Mexicans living next door, and they paid for my wall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/2/2016 at 11:29 AM, Doc46 said:

100 meters x 2 meters high with foundation and cement blocks ,plastered 2 sides that will cost you at least THB 250.000

My local builder, builds the walls in the traditional way at 1000 Baht per running meter for a 2 metre high wall at todays prices.  Now that is much the same cost in our area as others and as I say traditionally built. That is to say 50% of all Thai walls are no longer upright after 10 years , 45 % never even make 5 years before they lean and in 5 % of the cases pure luck or proper foundations were done.

So when I asked him to build my wall to my design he , being Thai, thought he knew best and attempted to talk me out of it and build it his normal way as it would be cheaper and "we always do it like that" attitude.  So I gave him a choice do properly my way or I will find someone else who will. Gladly he accepted ( not sure why he even argued about it really as it was money in his pocket.) That wall of mine is still perfectly upright after 16 years.  Yes you can get it for 1000 baht a meter but if you want it built properly so it still looks good after 15/20 years be prepared to pay more. By the way the 50 % extra cost was not for the above ground works, it was all for foundations.

So Doc46 you are not far out when you say the cost ( averaged) is 2500 baht or per meter. Depending on the soil conditions I would allow 3000 baht per metre for a good build. Even then you need to stay on top of them to make sure they build it to spec.

On 6/15/2018 at 8:44 PM, HooHaa said:

20 x 800 would be 10 Rai... Which would require a lot more than 200m wall to enclose the perimeter !!

I am rather surprised you would make this mistake...

52 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

Luckily I have some Mexicans living next door, and they paid for my wall.

Hope you also don't have any Texan's near you either who just want to shoot them 🤣

51 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

20 x 800 would be 10 Rai... Which would require a lot more than 200m wall to enclose the perimeter !!

I am rather surprised you would make this mistake...

You are replying to a year old post that was itself replying to a (then) 2 year old post.  Mathematics was different back then...

• Haha 2

On 4/27/2019 at 8:25 AM, geoffbezoz said:

My local builder, builds the walls in the traditional way at 1000 Baht per running meter for a 2 metre high wall at todays prices.  Now that is much the same cost in our area as others and as I say traditionally built. That is to say 50% of all Thai walls are no longer upright after 10 years , 45 % never even make 5 years before they lean and in 5 % of the cases pure luck or proper foundations were done.

So when I asked him to build my wall to my design he , being Thai, thought he knew best and attempted to talk me out of it and build it his normal way as it would be cheaper and "we always do it like that" attitude.  So I gave him a choice do properly my way or I will find someone else who will. Gladly he accepted ( not sure why he even argued about it really as it was money in his pocket.) That wall of mine is still perfectly upright after 16 years.  Yes you can get it for 1000 baht a meter but if you want it built properly so it still looks good after 15/20 years be prepared to pay more. By the way the 50 % extra cost was not for the above ground works, it was all for foundations.

So Doc46 you are not far out when you say the cost ( averaged) is 2500 baht or per meter. Depending on the soil conditions I would allow 3000 baht per metre for a good build. Even then you need to stay on top of them to make sure they build it to spec.

3000 Baht Are you putting a roof on it? LOL

• Sad 1