'Crushed': Some Hispanic leaders feel misled by Trump

webfact

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Srikcir said:

"Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling his job as President?"

2016 - Obama job apprval @ 49% vs. Republican dominated US Congress @ 15%. Only George H.W. Bush enjoyed a similar edge over Congress. 

http://www.gallup.com/poll/191057/obama-retains-strong-edge-congress-job-approval.aspx

Over the course of Obama's presidsency, his average apprval rating among Democrats has been 80% compared with 14% among Republicans. Obama's performance has been on par with Ronald Reagan.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/01/12/presidential-job-approval-ratings-from-ike-to-obama/

Oddly enough 49% is also the number of people who receive assistance from the US government.  Figure that.

Obama's approval rating has absolute nothing to do with his administration's running amuck and disrespect for a history of government precedence.

I think we have had sufficient discussion of Donald Trumps hair.   It's what's under it that is important, so let's stick to that.   This thread is about his relationship with Hispanics.

On a parting note about hair, though, it is interesting to paraphrase something Dolly Parton said when asked how long it did to do her hair, she replied "I don't know, I'm never there."

3 hours ago, Skywalker69 said:

:cheesy: Yea, sure.

24-August-Rogue-Male-Lion.jpg

Lions have courage, grace, dignity, elegance, speed, stamina, heart, soul, honesty of purpose, and perseverance. Trump lacks all of these qualities. There is no comparison, other than the orange appearance. The only think Trump has in common with a lion is the ability to stalk an opponent, and then go in for the kill. 

Awwwww... the poor babies thought Trump would fold and now they're butt hurt because he didn't? What's wrong with these morons anyway? Don't they realize very own neighborhoods and lives will benefit from keeping criminals out, controlling immigration and thus reducing downward pressure on wages?

Ever notice the problem with leftists- they're economically and politically illiterate.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Lions have courage, grace, dignity, elegance, speed, stamina, heart, soul, honesty of purpose, and perseverance. Trump lacks all of these qualities. There is no comparison, other than the orange appearance. The only think Trump has in common with a lion is the ability to stalk an opponent, and then go in for the kill. 

I spent years in East Africa as a safari guide so make sure the vild cats of Africa have my deapest respect. 

13 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Agree....but even when "stalking an opponent" in business, Trump only goes after people with less means than himself, i.e., the little guy.  He'll sue/counter-sue the pants of investors in his failed condo developments, or students of Trump U, or small contractors who've done work for him, etc.  But he'll never battle guys like Warren Buffett or Mark Cuban because he never picks on people his own size...the mark of a true coward. 

2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Agree....but even when "stalking an opponent" in business, Trump only goes after people with less means than himself, i.e., the little guy.  He'll sue/counter-sue the pants of investors in his failed condo developments, or students of Trump U, or small contractors who've done work for him, etc.  But he'll never battle guys like Warren Buffett or Mark Cuban because he never picks on people his own size...the mark of a true coward. 

I think what you meant to say is he will never go after people like Mark Cuban, or Warren Buffett, because he never picks on people much, much larger, and more powerful than him. People who have true wealth, influence, and lots of people devoted to them, due to the fact that they are fair minded businessman, and decent people, totally unlike the one with the orange skin. 

It is true. He likes to skin alive, the small businessmen, that he does work with. The stories of people having been ripped off by this charlatan are multitudinous. He is currently engaged in 3, 500 lawsuits. What kind of man is engaged in 3,500 lawsuits? At least 1,000 of them, and by some estimates as many of 1,900 of them, were of his own filings. Imagine that? Filing 1,900 lawsuits? Only a severe malcontent would do something like that. 

24 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I think what you meant to say is he will never go after people like Mark Cuban, or Warren Buffett, because he never picks on people much, much larger, and more powerful than him. People who have true wealth, influence, and lots of people devoted to them, due to the fact that they are fair minded businessman, and decent people, totally unlike the one with the orange skin. 

It is true. He likes to skin alive, the small businessmen, that he does work with. The stories of people having been ripped off by this charlatan are multitudinous. He is currently engaged in 3, 500 lawsuits. What kind of man is engaged in 3,500 lawsuits? At least 1,000 of them, and by some estimates as many of 1,900 of them, were of his own filings. Imagine that? Filing 1,900 lawsuits? Only a severe malcontent would do something like that. 

You're right of course.  He's really screwed over a lot of people, mostly people we've never heard of.  This is what I don't get about Trump supporters, this info is out there for all to see.  When they bash Hillary, it's all in the abstract about how she "might" screw the American people.  Trump has got a solid track record of screwing over average Americans time and time again.   

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Simple. He's a very skilled con man. Skilled enough to get to 270 electoral votes? Not likely.

Good point, he has definitely been out-conned by his adversary in this election.

Bill was a used car salesman kind of conman but hillary is lethal.

Trump and Clinton are both cons with too much money and power and a bunch of sheep following them. We have really hit bottom !
I don't agree with everything he says but Gary Johnson now has my vote. At least he appears to be honest and will follow what the majority of the people want and not what the 1% tells him to do. From hearing his interviews and speeches he is a little left on some things and right on others. Now it is really about getting into the debates. Let's see if the corrupt DNC and GOP block him.

GJ  can't possibly win and sadly it now appears a vote for Johnson helps the demagogic fascist trump. So if you want to help trump, vote Johnson. Realists face things ... it's a BINARY choice. 

No, it is not a BINARY vote as all you Hillary followers keep saying. There are 5 people running in this race and if I have not forgotten they all should have an equal chance and no favoritism should be shown by any government agency. This upcoming debate percentage requirement keeps changing every election to make it a two party race but it is not the American Way, at least not what I served my country to protect. They said Bernie never had a chance and he won !!! Yes, he won except the DNC is so corrupt that they rigged the system and gave it to Hillary.
I would stay home before voting for Hillary or trump ! Two wrongs don't make a right !

10 minutes ago, ttthailand said:

No, it is not a BINARY vote as all you Hillary followers keep saying. There are 5 people running in this race and if I have not forgotten they all should have an equal chance and no favoritism should be shown by any government agency. This upcoming debate percentage requirement keeps changing every election to make it a two party race but it is not the American Way, at least not what I served my country to protect. They said Bernie never had a chance and he won !!! Yes, he won except the DNC is so corrupt that they rigged the system and gave it to Hillary.
I would stay home before voting for Hillary or trump ! Two wrongs don't make a right !

In an ideal world, you would have a point.  But what JT is referring to is real and has happened in recent memory.  Many believe that if Ralph Nader hadn't ran in 2000, Al Gore would have been the President.  Instead, we got GWB, the Iraq War, and the 2008 Financial Crisis.  Thanks much for that Ralph. 

41 minutes ago, ttthailand said:

Wrong. So wrong. Sanders did NOT win. Clinton got millions more votes than he did. He ran a stronger than expected campaign and good for him and the issues he ran on. That's all. 

You have every right to throw away your vote. Enjoy!

29 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

In an ideal world, you would have a point.  But what JT is referring to is real and has happened in recent memory.  Many believe that if Ralph Nader hadn't ran in 2000, Al Gore would have been the President.  Instead, we got GWB, the Iraq War, and the 2008 Financial Crisis.  Thanks much for that Ralph. 

Yes. Nader turned out to be a villain. Like he didn't know he had no chance of winning. Like he didn't know that most of votes he was getting were directly siphoned off Gore votes. 

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

GJ  can't possibly win and sadly it now appears a vote for Johnson helps the demagogic fascist trump. So if you want to help trump, vote Johnson. Realists face things ... it's a BINARY choice. 

Nader may as well have been a Bush brother. Or a John Anderson in 1980 who contributed significantly to RR's decisive win by siphoning off votes in blue states that consequently flipped for Reagan.

At least as we go in to this election 16 years after Nader the Hispanic vote, which GW got 43% of nationally, is down to less than 20% for this wildman ratbag Trump. Romney had got only 27% of it by 2012.

As we well know, it's the self-righteous white guy voter who needs to find a "respectable" alternative to voting on the basis of reality. It gets very costly as the record shows.

49 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes. Nader turned out to be a villain. Like he didn't know he had no chance of winning. Like he didn't know that most of votes he was getting were directly siphoned off Gore votes. 

Nader knew.  He said repeatedly at the time that there was no difference between the Democrats and the Republicans so it didn't matter at all that he would throw the election to Bush.  I don't think that if Gore had taken office he would have started two wars costing over $3 trillion.  Too bad that Nader disgraced himself after making significant contributions earlier in his career.

1 hour ago, ttthailand said:

They said Bernie never had a chance and he won !!! Yes, he won except the DNC is so corrupt that they rigged the system and gave it to Hillary.

More utter rubbish.

Clinton won more votes, more delegates, and more superdelegates.

You really can put this one to bed now.

3 hours ago, Chicog said:

More utter rubbish.

Clinton won more votes, more delegates, and more superdelegates.

You really can put this one to bed now.

Sorry Chicog....

Hilary might have gotten more votes and super delegates but she did so with the partisan  help of the DNC as demonstrated by the leaked emails. If you think the DNC should not be impartial and you support a coronation rather than a democratic primary then I agree with you, we should certainly put this to bed, but if you support the democratic process, time to wake up and get of your bed.  

Giuliani has now 'clarified' Trump's message on immigration. He will not be deporting 11 million 'illegal immigrants' in his first hour in office. Now he is going to secure the border first. So that means he will build his wall before deporting such a great horde of people? I guess it does. But when it came to his meeting with the President of Mexico, Giuliani says that Trump's 'people' refused to put it on the agenda.

"According to Giuliani, who was present at their meeting, Peña Nieto brought up the wall but Giuliani cut him offwith ‘That’s not on the table,’ because the candidates’ teams had agreed not to discuss the issue" http://fortune.com/2016/09/05/giuliani-trump-immigration/

So the key plank in Trump's election platform was not to be discussed with the person it most directly affects. But then Trump repeats his Wall policy in a 'major' speech after the Mexico meeting - http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/trackers/2016-09-01/trump-repeats-assertion-that-mexico-will-pay-for-the-wall

It's so confusing. Deportations or not? Wall or not?

I wonder if Giuliani is being paid an Advisory fee? He should return it if he is.

Archived