File TM30 Online - Where?

• 2 years later...

Thanks for your prompt reply. I was at the Patong Office and they insisted to do it online, and showed me what the Password was on a previous TM30 Tear off, so I must be registered. They have me residing in Koh Samui, I was there a few weeks ago staying in a Hotel, although I have lived on Phuket in the same address for 9 years.

So, I need username, I have the Password.

Edited by briofoz

48 minutes ago, briofoz said:

Thanks for your prompt reply. I was at the Patong Office and they insisted to do it online, and showed me what the Password was on a previous TM30 Tear off, so I must be registered.

I have never heard of a password being shown on a TM30 report slip.

I you go on the the site shown in my post above you have to click the far right button shown here image.png.96106c42c2d33b40383a97f8671c5595.png to do the registration.

• 2 months later...

Okay. I got "caught" a few months ago when I learned nobody had done this for me when I, or more correctly my GF, rented a condominium. I have been doing 90 day "bumps" and always thought the TM 6 was sufficient. I wanted to get a residency certificate because I was thinking to get a driving license.
Long story short a gal from the condo Juristic office made up some paperwork, and for a nominal fee made the 30 klick trip to Jomtien and settled the fine and brought me back the stamped receipt of notification.
I since did an overnight in/out to Cambodia. Am I in trouble for not doing another TM 30 on return to my same address?
We will be going to Mae La Noi  in a few days, probably staying for a month with family. Is there an immigration office for that district? The Mae Hong Son office info site says they do NOT handle that district, and I cannot find one that says they do.  I have read somewhere about reporting to the police station. We have a friend there who is a policeman, and the station is only about one click away. Will reporting there sort of reset the clock on my failure to re-report here after my border hop? How damaging are these particular fines to your immigration record?
Thanks for any info/help on what I think all can agree is a particularly vague and confusing issue in a vague and confusing immigration system.

I know if you go out of the country and back again with a new TM6, you need to re-register.

But for travelling in Thailand, perhaps don't worry too much, I mean it will be hard for them to figure this out and I think many offices can't be bothered. (Perhaps if you go to a hotel and they may report you and register you, but other than that...).

All of this is for the authorities to know exactly where we farangs are at any point in time, but to be honest these countries don't want the hassle, it's all pressure from the western countries I think and their security shenanigans and they themselves don't do it in the west but encourage Thais do it. 

However, why bother with all this, they can just do a deal with Facebook and Google (and mobile companies) and they know exactly where you are at any time to within 3 meters - these companies now track everyone.... ! Even can do away with all the airport immigration lines... lol (if you opt out, then go and register your TM30 every other day !)

On 1/18/2019 at 2:38 PM, Bill Miller said:

Okay. I got "caught" a few months ago when I learned nobody had done this for me when I, or more correctly my GF, rented a condominium. I have been doing 90 day "bumps" and always thought the TM 6 was sufficient. I wanted to get a residency certificate because I was thinking to get a driving license.

I think you mean you got scammed.

TM30 is to be completed by property owners, reporting foreigners living in their property.

If you are renting, it's not your concern or your fine.

Just now, BritManToo said:

I think you mean you got scammed.

TM30 is to be completed by property owners, reporting foreigners living in their property.

If you are renting, it's not your concern or your fine.

That's what I thought until I was pointed out (by the Immigration Officer) to a big sign in Thai and English on the wall behind him in the Phuket Town Immigration office, it has both, 1 and 2 saying that 1:) The Landlord could be fined, 2:) The foreigner could be fined if not registered correctly. The fine for farang is maximum 2000b, but heavier for the landlord, can't remember exactly....

• Like 1

On 9/2/2016 at 7:34 AM, ubonjoe said:

You have to register in order to use the online reporting. It is primarily meant to be used by hotels and etc but a few immigration offices allow individuals to register.

This is the login  page for doing it. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

I tried the online registration for TM30s at the link above on Sunday, and got no reply Mon-Tues... But then today, to my surprise, I received a user ID and password in a Thai language email from Immigration. Haven't tried to use those yet to actually submit a report online.

But I clearly indicated when I did the online registration I was just a solo renter, and my residence area is within Bangkok's Chaengwattana Immigration Office.

• Like 1

I did this today with the land owner of our building on her tiny phone,  she wanted to leave most things empty,  but I tried to fill everything I could, the only thing I left out I think was until when my visa was valid...!  

I also thought it didn't go through,  but we logged out and logged in again,  then put date for last 2 days and clicked Search,  and then my name appeared in the table as a record , under notifications submitted , but not sure how we will know if it is approved...? 

Don't give up,  try again,  leave anything not sure empty... 

On 9/2/2016 at 7:29 AM, wimpy said:

On the Immigration site it says that the TM30 can be filed online...

Are you referring to this web page which is for businesses?

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/การแจ้งที่พักคนต่างด้าว

Or are you referring to this web page, which is not limited to businesses and  in paragraph 3.3 mentions notification online via www.immigration.go.th?

https://www.immigration.go.th/citizen_manual/guid_en13.pdf

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I think I just read a post from someone saying even with the help of a Thai they could not get it to work. 

That was me, with the Thai wife, last night...  :sad:

I will add, I was well past the supposed "report within 24 hours of arrival" timeframe. But whether that was what caused my online fail, or it was something else, I have no clue. And the website info certainly wasn't telling...

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That was me, with the Thai wife, last night...  :sad:

I will add, I was well past the supposed "report within 24 hours of arrival" timeframe. But whether that was what caused my online fail, or it was something else, I have no clue. And the website info certainly wasn't telling...

I though this TM30 online was meant for businesses only.

8 minutes ago, farangx said:

I though this TM30 online was meant for businesses only.

The online system was meant primarily for businesses, but I believe Joe and others here have indicated at least some Immigration offices have allowed others to use the system.

I was able to get a user ID and password from BKK Immigration to use the system via their online registration process. So that part worked fine. Just couldn't get the online system, once I logged in, to accept my filing.

BTW, however, I don't recall seeing any posts here from any private party users saying they were able to successfully file via the online system. Maybe there have been, I just don't recall them.  I just wanted to try it to see if I could get registered, and then once past that, to see if it would work for me.

Frankly, it's still not very clear whether or not BKK CW Immigration is requiring TM-30 filings from renters...  The reports here on that point have been very mixed.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Our building got raided by Immigration recently. They wanted to fine the owners of any apartments, for each person staying there that had not been registered with Immigration Office.. These were mainly holidaymakers. So they are enforcing this.

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The online system was meant primarily for businesses, but I believe Joe and others here have indicated at least some Immigration offices have allowed others to use the system.

I was able to get a user ID and password from BKK Immigration to use the system via their online registration process. So that part worked fine. Just couldn't get the online system, once I logged in, to accept my filing.

Understood. Do you have browser issues then?, assuming you are using that on your PC.

2 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Our building got raided by Immigration recently. They wanted to fine the owners of any apartments, for each person staying there that had not been registered with Immigration Office.. These were mainly holidaymakers. So they are enforcing this.

It's one thing for Immigration to hold OWNERS responsible for failing to file when they're clearly required to do so.

It's another thing, at least in my book, if they start trying to fine RENTERS when the owners of their dwellings fail to file -- something a renter wouldn't even necessarily know.

Just now, farangx said:

Understood. Do you have browser issues then?, assuming you are using that on your PC.

Their webpage advises to use IE or Chrome. I used IE in my efforts. I don't think browser compatibility was the problem. IE usually works fine for pretty much everything Thai Immigration does.

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Their webpage advises to use IE or Chrome. I used IE in my efforts. I don't think browser compatibility was the problem. IE usually works fine for pretty much everything Thai Immigration does.

I take it you are filling in the form online and then submitting?

Just now, farangx said:

I take it you are filling in the form online and then submitting?

The online system only works one way, just like the online 90-day reporting...

You get an Immigration web page with various text boxes to fill in data for, and also various pull down boxes to choose items for like point of entry, type of visa, home country, etc etc.

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The online system only works one way, just like the online 90-day reporting...

You get an Immigration web page with various text boxes to fill in data for, and also various pull down boxes to choose items for like point of entry, type of visa, home country, etc etc.

Do this instead.  Download that TM30 form (which is a spreadsheet). Complete that and upload it. Then check that summary enquiry online (7 days range) and if it is there you are good to go.

• Thanks 1

The fact that they send you tge ID and password should mean they accepted that part, thinking you are a landlord,  maybe now you're putting and registering yourself is confusing it,  so you're the landlord and renter...!  But I thought their webpage code wouldn't /couldn't check for that,  maybe whoever processing this later might notice,  so I think your submission problem is something else, many landlords using the system, I personally know a few,  so it works,  for Phuket anyway...! 

18 minutes ago, farangx said:

Do this instead.  Download that TM30 form (which is a spreadsheet). Complete that and upload it. Then check that summary enquiry online (7 days range) and if it is there you are good to go.

Worth a try... I saw the excel file upload area... But didn't do that. Just entered in all that same info directly in the form fill boxes above...