File TM30 Online - Where?

18 minutes ago, Agusts said:

The fact that they send you tge ID and password should mean they accepted that part, thinking you are a landlord,  maybe now you're putting and registering yourself is confusing it,  so you're the landlord and renter...!  But I thought their webpage code wouldn't /couldn't check for that,  maybe whoever processing this later might notice,  so I think your submission problem is something else, many landlords using the system, I personally know a few,  so it works,  for Phuket anyway...! 

As I said above, the website, thru its error messages in Thai, didn't seem to give any clue of WHAT the specific problem was... So I have no way of knowing if it was the fact that I'm a solo renter in my case, or some other issue...

Since the thread here is about their online system, I just thought I'd give it a try...  And maybe other expat renters will as well and report back here -- especially since CW Immigration seems to be sometimes handing out TM30 fines lately for non-reporting, and renters sometimes have problems getting their landlords to file and comply... So I'd sure be interested if they have any better success than I did.

Can one of the experts confirm that this operation, if successful, is the same as filling up and submitting a TM30 form and having that notification slip stapled to the back of the passport !? (well, not literally of course... !)

I am in the same address but I came back to Thailand with a new passport, so need to do the TM30 (for new passport and for going out and coming back), so I want to make sure there won't be trouble by just having the land owner added me online using this website and not going to IO and do the usual...

1 minute ago, Agusts said:

Can one of the experts confirm that this operation, if successful, is the same as filling up and submitting a TM30 form and having that notification slip stapled to the back of the passport !? (well, not literally of course... !)

I am in the same address but I came back to Thailand with a new passport, so need to do the TM30 (for new passport and for going out and coming back), so I want to make sure there won't be trouble by just having the land owner added me online using this website and not going to IO and do the usual...

Yes, possibly you can even get the owner to print a screen capture of your entry into the registration system.  This is a nice-to-have which you can staple into your passport but the important thing is that a report has been made for you into the immigration computer so you should be OK even without this "receipt."

42 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Yes, possibly you can even get the owner to print a screen capture of your entry into the registration system.  This is a nice-to-have which you can staple into your passport but the important thing is that a report has been made for you into the immigration computer so you should be OK even without this "receipt."

That's all below I got by a screenshot , not much of an info and no address showing, clicking on that record did not open the details etc.

I don't know what those columns (I highlighted in red) mean, could they mean if it is approved or not, and would they show something in a few days if we check again... !? Anyone who can read Thai ?

image.png.993b31e87e3520a5c0cb8c953068c086.png

49 minutes ago, Agusts said:

That's all below I got by a screenshot , not much of an info and no address showing, clicking on that record did not open the details etc.

I don't know what those columns (I highlighted in red) mean, could they mean if it is approved or not, and would they show something in a few days if we check again... !? Anyone who can read Thai ?

The column headings are as follows:

Line number: (assigned sequentially so that each line in this table has a unique number)

Name-Surname:

Passport number:

Arrival/departure card number (TM-6):

Sex:

Check-in date:

Arrival date in Thailand:

บัตรขาเข้าเลขที่ is your arrival/departure (TM-6) card number. This number has the form AA9999, where A is a letter and 9 is a digit.  This number is found under the bar code on your arrival/departure (TM-6) card.  It's not really labeled as such.  It is merely the code number under which the details of this visit to Thailand are recorded in the Thai Immigration computer.

วันเดินทางเข้า is the date you entered Thailand.  It is often stamped on the arrival/departure card, but should certainly always be found stamped in your passport as the date of entry into Thailand.

I don't recall that any of the columns show something has been approved.  It's really just the record of the data that was reported to immigration concerning an alien (you).  If enough data is supplied then the information gets stored in the immigration database, if not then it doesn't.  I don't recall if these two fields are mandatory or not.  If you've been entered into the computer via this online application then you should not have a problem when you next visit your local immigration office because they can look it up from the data in your passport (including the arrival/departure card number).  If you don't have a current entry in the immigration database for this visit to Thailand then immigration can choose to fine you, your landlord (owner), and anyone else they can grab a hold of for not registering an alien as staying at the address you are staying at. 

Your fine, if assessed, is capped at 2,000 baht, while the owner's fine can go as high as 10,000 baht.  You may not be fined at all, but the law allows fines such as these to be assessed for failure to comply with the TM-30 address registration within 24 hours of an alien arriving and residing at an address.  

• Like 1

The reason there's no address showing in this screenshot is that what you're looking at are all the people registered as staying at this address.  Imagine the case of 4 foreigners staying in this address, then if all of them were registered there would be four rows in this table, one for each person.

This entire table is associated with a specific account which is for a specific address.  Basically, the owner (or whoever is using this system for a particular address) sets up the account for the address once and then as foreigners stay at this address an entry to the table you captured gets added.

2 hours ago, Agusts said:

This entry is incomplete.  The arrival card number and arrival date are missing, possibly more but not shown.  Try adding a complete entry again if you need that in the system.

Edited by farangx
  • Like 1

Thanks for the replies, I had all the info but the old lady wouldn't let me check everything properly and put it in, as you can imagine I couldn't read Thai, and she would just say, this one no need, no problem - you know what they are like.

It clearly is not complete, I think I will try to find her and have another go, this time putting all the information that I can figure out - arrival date is so obvious and easy, not sure why I (we) missed it... !

As for address, I can imagine this is usually for one place, but this lady owns lots of houses and condos in our street, so when I made her to click on one of the links, it came up with her info on the system, I remember seeing the house number as  9, 9/1, 9/14   (hence I wondered perhaps for each farang staying they might ask exact house number - after all that was their objection in the office for refusing my registration, because some documents had 9, some 9/1... (but perhaps this is not a standard situation.)

It is a shame they don't reply with an email or a text message or something to confirm they have accepted this submission, would have made life so much easier... 

I have to get a certificate of residence at some point to renew my license (and maybe if I buy a new bike), so I think at that time they will tell me if I am all good, or otherwise, busted... ????

No luck finding our land owner old dear lady, to submit this online thing again.  I have been thinking about it and I say maybe she deliberately didn't enter my arrival details,  because it was two weeks later than 24 hours reporting limit and maybe she thought she could be fined...!?  You see Thais sometimes are very clever,  just pretend or they seem dumb to us,  there is always a reason for what they do, okay sometime invalid reason,  but sometime not so... !

Anyway, today I went to Patong IO office,  hoping I see a kind officer who can look up my name on the computer and say I'm registered and all okay,  no luck,  what a meyham, so busy and many just come for tourist extension visa, I'm sure they could do this in an easier way...  Although I spoke to a guy behind a computer and showed him the screenshot above,  he shouted, I'm busy,  don't have time to look you up... all good,  no problem,  you're okay,  I said no entry date etc. and showed him the blank columns, he said no problem, they just want name and passport number, that's all,  you're good. 

I showed him the notification slip on my old pass and said I need this on my new pass, he said go to Phuket Town office, this was done there,  but when I insisted he then said no problem,  just take it off and stick it on the new pass,  it has no passport number on it just your name ...!!! ?

If only life here was that easy... lol

21 minutes ago, Agusts said:

No luck finding our land owner old dear lady, to submit this online thing again.  I have been thinking about it and I say maybe she deliberately didn't enter my arrival details,  because it was two weeks later than 24 hours reporting limit and maybe she thought she could be fined...!?  You see Thais sometimes are very clever,  just pretend or they seem dumb to us,  there is always a reason for what they do, okay sometime invalid reason,  but sometime not so... !

Anyway, today I went to Patong IO office,  hoping I see a kind officer who can look up my name on the computer and say I'm registered and all okay,  no luck,  what a meyham, so busy and many just come for tourist extension visa, I'm sure they could do this in an easier way...  Although I spoke to a guy behind a computer and showed him the screenshot above,  he shouted, I'm busy,  don't have time to look you up... all good,  no problem,  you're okay,  I said no entry date etc. and showed him the blank columns, he said no problem, they just want name and passport number, that's all,  you're good. 

I showed him the notification slip on my old pass and said I need this on my new pass, he said go to Phuket Town office, this was done there,  but when I insisted he then said no problem,  just take it off and stick it on the new pass,  it has no passport number on it just your name ...!!! ?

If only life here was that easy... lol

First of all, I think the Patong Immigration Office should be avoided by long-term stayers like the plague.  This place charged me to file a 90-Day Report and an extra 200 baht for a residency certificate over the Phuket Town Immigration Office.  The office is really set up for the short-term visitor in Patong.  It's a convenience office, they really don't want to see long-stayers there.  The real office is in Phuket Town.

That said, I almost agree with the advice you got from Patong.  I would just assume you're in the computer as registered, and would simply move the receipt from your old passport to your new passport.  When you go into Phuket Town immigration to get something the IO will see the receipt and he will decide to check you in the computer or not.  If he checks in the computer and you're registered all is well.  If not, you may be fined.  Anything you do in the office to "check" if you're registered just exposes you to the same fine.  So I would go to Phuket Town Immigration when it's necessary to accomplish something you need from them, not before then.  The worst that can happen is you'll be fined up to 2,000 baht.  There are no other consequences.  Best case you are actually registered in the system (despite the missing data).

• Thanks 1

One other thing.  If you happen to go outside Thailand before you need to visit immigration for anything you will, in essence, reset your address registration status.  If you were to register yourself either via your landlady online or even in person at Phuket Town (TM-30) within 24 hours of arrival back at your home you would be definitely back in the good graces of immigration regarding your address registration.  (Of course, you would need a re-entry permit to re-enter Thailand and receive the remainder of your extension of stay.)  In other words, a trip outside Thailand gives you the opportunity to come into compliance with the address registration rules, even if you possibly are not presently.  I've not heard of any immigration officer being concerned with the address registration previous to your current entry into Thailand. In the event you are out of compliance now (which is far from clear either way) simply re-entering Thailand and making sure to file the TM-30 will you into compliance and whatever status you may have had before is water under the bridge or water over the dam, not of concern to immigration and wouldn't make you liable for any fines.

Thanks for the info and all the advice, as my documents are out of date and for various issues, I can't get new ones (don't ask, long story) , I'm going to leave it for now....

No plans to leave the country,  but that's a good option too,  currently I may need a certificate of residence if I find/buy a bike that I like,  other than that I need to go for 90-days reporting in early April,  then I need to renew my extension in early May ,  so I cross that bridge when I come to it,  not much else I can do now...

Occasionally more losses than 2000b happens on a drunken night out,  so be it ... lol 

Edited by Agusts

It's one thing for Immigration to hold OWNERS responsible for failing to file when they're clearly required to do so.

It's another thing, at least in my book, if they start trying to fine RENTERS when the owners of their dwellings fail to file -- something a renter wouldn't even necessarily know.
I wonder how many of the owners actually paid the fine, especially the Thai owners. Did they have to go to Immigration to pay?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I wonder how many of the owners actually paid the fine, especially the Thai owners. Did they have to go to Immigration to pay?

I've lived in the same rented home for my entire stay in Thailand, a property owned by a Thai family.

And I'm pretty sure here in BKK, they've NEVER filed a TM30 for my renting their property, in part because they've never had access to my passport info. And probably also because, it never was enforced in BKK in the past...

• Thanks 1

On 1/23/2019 at 7:43 PM, BritManToo said:

I think you mean you got scammed.

TM30 is to be completed by property owners, reporting foreigners living in their property.

If you are renting, it's not your concern or your fine.

There's been several posts over the years where a tenant, when faced with an unwilling or otherwise 'invisible' landlord, has been able to self-file the TM30 as the 'possessor' of the rented property.

Last December while filing for another 1-year retirement Extension, the IO handling my paperwork at Udon Thani asked me just to sign a blank TM30 that they said they would 'fill in later' so they could attach the tear-off receipt in my passport. I have a yellow book.

Last week, at the same immigration office, the TM30 that I had filled in as part of this years Retirement Extension renewal was handed back to me. Apparently it was superfluous to the requirements of a different IO doing this years processing.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Thanks 1

My friend and also myself when we went for the extension of retirement have been asked if we stay in the same place as before,  and if we say yes, then they don't care about TM30 and address registration at all,  it's other places that get picky on this... 

I've lived in the same rented home for my entire stay in Thailand, a property owned by a Thai family.

And I'm pretty sure here in BKK, they've NEVER filed a TM30 for my renting their property, in part because they've never had access to my passport info. And probably also because, it never was enforced in BKK in the past...

Same with me. 14 years here and I doubt anyone has filed a TM30 for me, and I have certainly never done one or been asked to do one. While reports trickle in that Chaengwattana are asking for receipts they are few and far between, and there is no concrete evidence of a change in policy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

IMO it is a joke plain and simple, When I come into BKK I always make sure I stay at hotels that are registered and make sure I say to post my arrival. The only time it has actually worked for me is paying an extra fee to make sure they get on line and submit it.

I personally make sure I keep the receipt with a date stamp on the receipt and then when they try to fine me, I produce the receipt. It has worked for me about 50% to the time.  In CM it is a con job. 

I finally moved out of CM for reporting and have never had a problem since.

Edited by garyk

12 hours ago, Agusts said:

My friend and also myself when we went for the extension of retirement have been asked if we stay in the same place as before,  and if we say yes, then they don't care about TM30 and address registration at all,  it's other places that get picky on this... 

That is another subtle difference on why procedures change, even at the same office. In my case, last years RetExt was the first filing for such at Udon Immigration (all previous ones at Jomtien) and that's why they wanted the TM30. This is my second renewal at Udon and since I produced the same yellow book as last year, I am obviously at the same address so the TM30 isn't needed.

If some time in the coming year, I move into a different property, the TM30 will probably be required after my first return from out of province/country,* or when I file next years RetExt... maybe.

* AFAIK, Udon Immigration doesn't require long-termers to check-in within 24-hours if they've been away.

YMMV

Edited by NanLaew

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard all kinds of reports of TM30 not working for people online and also 90 day reporting not working for some foreigners online. But some people says it works fine for them. I think most of the time this comes down to browser. Nobody has mentioned browsers from what I've seen. So if you're having problems doing anything on any website, always try a different browser. Some are not coded correctly to display in certain browsers. Example: If Chrome is not working, try Firefox or Internet Explorer.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick feedback that I went to Phuket Town IO today to get a Certificate of Residence to transfer my bike I bought to my name.

I went there a couple of months ago to register my address I stayed the last 4 years, but they refused saying the documents have the wrong number on them, 9 not 9/1... ! Same documents I used the previous years !?

So the landlady did mine online after that, I printed the screenshot of that and took it today, no problem at all, 300b and I was out with a CoR in 20min.... ! They don't have that form where you use to tick, buy/sell vehicle or condo or bank etc., they just give you form TM30 to fill the top part... !? It's really a bit of luck what you get in IO, today I was lucky, also I paid, so I got the job done, last time was a free process, so it was refused ...!!!

By the way, FYI , I asked explicitly how long this CoR is valid for, they all looked at each other with that great blank Thai faces, till the boss from the back heard me after repeating a few times and came over and shouted 1 month...

What is the latest on this matter in Pattaya.?

I have my own condo and i have old tm30 receipt stapled in my passport.

I have not been in Thailand for a while but coming to my Thaihome next week.

Could i try this online system to report myself, maby already beforehand  ?

Not necessary at all since my thaiaddres is not changed ?

If necessary to go office, Is it o.k to come 2-3 days late in Pattaya area ?

Procedure in office ? Do i need to fill this form again or do they just take a copy of old receipt and issue a new one like they did last time ? TM30 lady still situated left side when entering to office ?

Thanks for any input..????

Edited by thaitero

Was at the office yesterday. This time the procedure was that if you have old receipt you do not need to see immigration officer, Frontdesk helper girls did the update job. ???? Left side seemed to be a "tm30 office" which was fully packed. I suspect this was the place for firsttimers..

• 1 month later...

Was at CW in Bangkok yesterday to extend a visa and TM30 was required the first time for me. Had to do it on the spot with copy of house bluebook and owner ID card and had to pay a reduced 800 baht fine. The TM30 section was very busy so at lest on that day and location it was enforced. I'm gonna setup an account at said website. Doesn't appear to be for businesses only cause there is option house/apartment and individual owner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, JanDetlefsen said:

Was at CW in Bangkok yesterday to extend a visa and TM30 was required the first time for me. Had to do it on the spot with copy of house bluebook and owner ID card and had to pay a reduced 800 baht fine. The TM30 section was very busy so at lest on that day and location it was enforced. I'm gonna setup an account at said website. Doesn't appear to be for businesses only cause there is option house/apartment and individual owner.

It's not businesses-only, at least in Phuket.  My understanding is that it is the same one that is used by hotels to register their guests.  Unless you read Thai it might be helpful to access the online registration on Google Chrome browser which provides automatic machine translation of Thai text into English.  You may also wish to use the Google Translate app which can allow you to translate images of Thai text into English using the phone's camera.  Both of these tools will be very helpful in understanding the online registration system.  Machine translation is far from perfect, but combined with the context, some common sense, and a fair bit of patience, you can successfully use the system.

• 3 weeks later...

When creating the account for my wife at the bottom it asks for a document name  - which could mean anything and choose file? exactly what file is to be chosen????? as I cannot see what is required anywhere and its not in the user guide, this process is so badly designed and thought out - just to populate some cheap assed back end database that will soon probably crash anyways...

8 minutes ago, fraggleRock said:

When creating the account for my wife at the bottom it asks for a document name - 

I sent in three supporting documents, all pdf files of; my wife's ID card, the house registration blue book and the land sale contract. For the document name(s) I titled them in English. They were accepted. It took a bit more than three weeks to receive the user name and password. 

Good Luck.

Beware, you must use either internet explorer or chrome browser and the maximum document file size is 1MB. But, I don't know if exceeding the file size gets rejected, nor, if any other browser would work. Just following their instructions.   

17 minutes ago, fraggleRock said:

When creating the account for my wife at the bottom it asks for a document name  - which could mean anything and choose file? exactly what file is to be chosen????? as I cannot see what is required anywhere and its not in the user guide, this process is so badly designed and thought out - just to populate some cheap assed back end database that will soon probably crash anyways...

You might just try submitting the application without any supporting documentation.  I have heard of people being successful doing that.

4 hours ago, The Man Who Sold the World said:

I sent in three supporting documents, all pdf files of; my wife's ID card, the house registration blue book and the land sale contract. For the document name(s) I titled them in English. They were accepted. It took a bit more than three weeks to receive the user name and password. 

Good Luck.

Beware, you must use either internet explorer or chrome browser and the maximum document file size is 1MB. But, I don't know if exceeding the file size gets rejected, nor, if any other browser would work. Just following their instructions.   

THANKS