Pattaya begins campaign to wipe out rats on beaches

webfact

Pattaya begins campaign to wipe out rats on beaches

964_Rat-wpcf_728x409.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In an effort to keep the image of Pattaya as a world class tourist destination, Pattaya City is now taking serious on growing rat population.

Action from the City came after complaints that a lot rats are seen on the beaches and thus affecting the image of the city’s clean beaches.

But there are several alternatives to exterminate the rats – in a humane way or brutal choice.

After taking into consideration of the brutal alternative..the use of poisons, local authorities feared their carcasses could pose disgusting smells as they could go everywhere before dying and thus scare away tourists.

They decide to use non-lethal wire cages instead.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pattaya-begins-campaign-wipe-rats-beaches/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-02

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, petermik said:

"They decided to use non-lethal wire cages instead" I can see a profitable market somewhere opening up for rat meat :whistling:

No Sir, that is not a mis spelling of Paté, it really is Raté

And to follow may I suggest our unique Ratatouille.

pattaya beach is where all the businesses on the other side of the road, many of them restaurants,  dump their rubbish, and usually its not dumped in bins but if it is they arent closed. its a free feast for the rats every day. the population would drop drastically if they would only stop feeding them

but its good they arent poisoning them, as well as stinking the beach out it also kills the owls and cats that would naturally help keep the rat population down

15 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

they would have more chance of teaching all the tourist police english (not much chance of that either) best chance is to remove their food source. wonder what they do with them once they catch them, relocate them?

They are reassigned to an inactive post.

52 minutes ago, englishinsiam said:

Going to my mates bar in Soi Diana whenever you go to the toilet there is always a rat or two running across the car park. I think they are fighting a losing game with this plan.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've also seen rats in many bars and restaurants. The rats outside, I don't mind.

Wire cages are humane, but why do I feel they will be sentenced to death by drowning in the cages?

History has shown us worldwide, rats always got a stiff sentence!?

Their crime; being a rat and out looking for food.

And they thought they were in paradise. 

They're just BEGINNING a campaign?????  To keep Patts a world class tourist destination??????  I just can't go on.  I went there once for the day.  I was living in the home of one of the Immigration cops at the airport and he had to go to a conference at the police building in Jomtien, so he dumped me in Pattaya for the day.  Ghastly place!  What a dump!

I like the kind of humor the "Broadcaster You Can Trust" shows here:

In an effort to keep the image of Pattaya as a world class tourist destination…

Keeping the image of Pattaya would be the last thing any serious PR agency would propose.

However, reading the headline gave me the impression they offered inactive posts to all criminal Katoeys in the Ministry of Propaganda.

2 hours ago, phycokiller said:

but its good they arent poisoning them, as well as stinking the beach out it also kills the owls and cats that would naturally help keep the rat population down

But the owls(?) and cats don't keep the rat population down, that's the point.  Do you think that rats that are poisoned smell any worse than rats that die any other way (and they all do die)?

3 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

The rats are doing a big favour for Pattaya City and the beaches by helping clean up the garbage and filth that is left there by humans. Instead of getting rid of the rats they should be importing more of them.

Do some gene modifying so as to develope a cigarette eating rat, maybe even plastic or rubber.

Archived