Pattaya begins campaign to wipe out rats on beaches

webfact

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI. As far as  I  know, these rats are not  for eating.  Woe betide anyone that does. The rats that are eaten are 'rice rats' from the paddy fields and have a singular diet of rice.  They  are a specific species with specific colourings.

2 hours ago, Gillyflower said:

Alofthailand

Actually I wasn't scrounging free digs and he has a home on the beach just out of Rayong, not near an airport.  Also I have known him and his wife for some years.

having known you for so long you think he might have been aware of your tastes and therefore not taken you to pattaya. but you've made your point. you spent a few hours in a city by yourself and have formed an I'll informed opinion which you promulgate on the Internet. well done . The spirit of pattaya is about life enhancing fun, energy and a positive spirit. Enjoy your time in Rayong and your free digs.

20 hours ago, petermik said:

"They decided to use non-lethal wire cages instead" I can see a profitable market somewhere opening up for rat meat :whistling:

I thought that was already the case. Plenty of cooked rats for sale in markets upcountry.:bah:

3 hours ago, Thechook said:

The whole of Thailand is infested with rats and with garbage dumped everywhere what do the expect.

Just about any place on earth where there is human life you will find rats and their kin cohabiting.Thailand is merely one of them.

My work is never done.

12 hours ago, Graemej100 said:

I reckon everyone who owns a Jack Russel or a Foxy should do the same thing. A couple of days and nights and the problem would be over.

The Jack Russels would be too busy snapping at peoples ankles.

21 hours ago, petermik said:

"They decided to use non-lethal wire cages instead" I can see a profitable market somewhere opening up for rat meat :whistling:

huh...?  oh ... i thought they were talking about the coppers ......who knew ? 

17 hours ago, Pattaya28 said:

Hang on a minute.

Rat extermination was allegedly dealt with a year or two ago.

Only way to stop this continual infestation is to stop food being sold on the beaches. 

But apart from that , yes, Pattaya is a "world-class" tourist resort.  As long as you walk blind-folded along Beach Road at night, wear no gold, and dodge the Ladyboys. 

Another comical report full of nonsense.

Only way to stop this continual infestation is to stop food being sold consumed on the beaches. 

Stopping the beach vendors will not stop the problem as beach users will just bring there own food or nip to the the nearest convenience store, or fast food take-away.

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

Only way to stop this continual infestation is to stop food being sold consumed on the beaches. 

Stopping the beach vendors will not stop the problem as beach users will just bring there own food or nip to the the nearest convenience store, or fast food take-away.

If you banned all jet powered small craft from the beach that should stop the infestation of rodents.

17 minutes ago, sapson said:

Good idea, names like scammer 1 scammer 2 the boss scammer, but somehow don't think they will agree, maybe too easy to identify and could slow the revenue stream! Could have a group name for them all........... like bunch of the#ving  c##ts!

Actually, I was trying to lighten things up a bit.    But I guess that's another way to go.

On 9/2/2016 at 4:19 PM, Junkyarddog said:

When they are thru with the rats they can do something about the ladyboys. Or maybe the ladyboys should come first. After all when is the last time you heard of a rat pickpocketing a tourist?

I say, put the ladyboys in the same cage with the rats!:cheesy:

uhmm  maybe not... as that would be an insult on the poor rodents!

Archived