Health Supplements - best place to purchase

GarryP

I have previously purchased health supplements from Biovea, which I found quite good. However, I would like to look into alternative sources. Buying from Amazon or eBay seems a possibility but you often get hit with quite high shipping charges so the prices are not that much better than Biovea. I am also concerned about the quality of product sourced from eBay. Does anyone have any other suggestions - preferably based on personal experience? GNC here is expensive and does not have a full product range. The supplement I am currently looking for is citrulline. 

Hello GarryP,

You might give' iHerb' a look. I recently made my first purchase from them for a medicinal herb and was very pleased with the prices, customer service and shipping to Thailand was only $4.00 US. The package, which was shipped via USPS AirMail, took about 2 weeks to arrive at my door in Kalasin Province. 

Cheers!

iHerb didn't have what I was looking for so I tried ordering off eBay but they were unable to process the credit card transaction, twice, using different credit cards. Something that has never happened before. joealx, I will check out your suggestions.  

If you are from the USA I found Puritan Pride great value---I used to get them sent to the UK & pick them up on my visits----or if friends were travelling that way   http://www.puritan.com/?scid=4150&cmp=ls-_-default-_-text&siteid=XdSn0e3h3.k-GS_kvD7E6.5Wplwus23K4g

In Thailand lazada does have a limited range of the popular stuff----prices & delivery good (you can do C.O.D. if you wish) http://www.lazada.co.th/?affiliate_id=95897&affiliate_name=www.easyopenweb.com&offer_id=237&offer_name=TH+Homepage+-+General_0&offer_ref=_xxto0000000at0000&setLang=en&transaction_id=1027795d74331f2737c502fadc1efc

Thai sports supplements are not so cheap---(if you live in BKK they are in Asoke)  but sometimes run some specials----a group of us used to buy the protein isolate  in bulk 20 Kilo sack 16,000 baht-- then have a local shop here vacuum bag & pack it in half Kilo bags--its just pure protein --no sweetener/no flavour etc---what most gyms use at their juice bars (just buy what flavour you need from Tesco bakery dept  ....vanilla essence etc...just put in a tiny drop.

http://www.thaisupplements.com/?language=en

What a lot of people do not know is that you can buy a lot of liquid vitamins through your local chemist at really good prices There is nothing illegal about injecting Vitamins..----like Vitamin B12 --I pay for 10 vials of Vit B12 injectable (1 shot each vial)   price of 45 baht ---that is 45 baht for the whole 10 vials ---4.5 each---you can buy liquid multi vitamin injections also. If you are working out B12 is of course the mussel builder ---but also has a lot of other benefits--you just use a diabetic disposable needle about 2 baht each get a box of 50---its so tiny you do not feel anything. There are 4 types of B12 http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/four-types-vitamin-b12/

• 2 weeks later...

Well they arrived - sort of. Due to a 7 Baht shortage in postage the goods were retained by Bang Rak post office. An office messenger picked them up for me after paying the 7 Baht shortfall. So one years supply of the amino acid in hand now. 

10 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Well they arrived - sort of. Due to a 7 Baht shortage in postage the goods were retained by Bang Rak post office.

Not a shortage in postage, but a standard delivery charge.  You always have to pay it on delivery for this sort of package.

14 hours ago, Oxx said:

Not a shortage in postage, but a standard delivery charge.  You always have to pay it on delivery for this sort of package.

This seems to be variable and possibly location dependent as my iHerb package was delivered to our doorstep by the postal worker. Other packages from Lazada etc have been held at the post office for pickup but with no additional charges. 

Cheers!

Archived