RESPONSE: Best Shots Gallery

I'm a very average photographer and find some of the photo's posted in the Best Shots Gallery nothing short of amazing.... 

I'm particularly fond of two photos... 

- Sukhumvit soy 11...... Photographed by member Dancealot

- Blue Hour in Bangkok...... Photographed by member Roger Lee

I believe both of these photos would look incredible on a large print in any modern Condo...  

And thus, my reason for starting this thread:

Would it be reasonable to request the full size image from the Photographers of these images (Dancelot & Roger Lee) ??

21 minutes ago, samuijimmy said:

Yes, I  think Shaggy has the best idea, to make contact with both Dancealot and Roger Lee to see if they would do that...

So please use the PM system to do that and see if they are willing...

Yep... I'd already PM'd them both.. 

I'm curious though - has anyone had any large prints made up from their photo's ???...   

I'm considering 150cm to 200cm - has anyone experience of this? idea of prices ?

Options: Canvas ? Large Print ?

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yep... I'd already PM'd them both.. 

I'm curious though - has anyone had any large prints made up from their photo's ???...   

I'm considering 150cm to 200cm - has anyone experience of this? idea of prices ?

Options: Canvas ? Large Print ?

You are going to need  pretty large sized original copy to do that,  which maybe difficult for anyone to email... the size we use here,  1024 x is not going to print well..at that size.

Canvas prints can look good, i seen people who have done that and it  , .. no idea about prices off hand... If there is a Fuji or other camera shop near you, perhaps ask... 

Just now, samuijimmy said:

You are going to need  pretty large sized original copy to do that,  which maybe difficult for anyone to email... the size we use here,  1024 x is not going to print well..at that size.

Canvas prints can look good, i seen people who have done that and it  , .. no idea about prices off hand... If there is a Fuji or other camera shop near you, perhaps ask... 

Agreed - thats why I'd like a copy of the RAW file...  to see the quality blown up (zoomed in) on my Retina Display...  I could then evaluate whether or not it would make a 'good' large print... 

Both Photographs have been edited... My hope is that the Editing took place at the original resolution... 

45 minutes ago, Roger Lee said:

You're welcome to visit my website http://www.rogerleephoto.com/featured.html .

Your find the Bangkok Cityscapes album towards the bottom.  Prints are for sale if you're interested or contact me personally and we can figure something out.

Just saw your PM - Thanks Roger... 

I'm not an interior designer and I recognise the skill in those who are...   this is something which I will only know is a success or not once mounted on the wall. 

The idea is something like this... (photo's inserted below)...  or a Single Canvas print slightly smaller.. 

il_570xN.887142036_bjxf.jpg

P18593909.jpg

Archived