Getting my name put on the house book

Me and the missus have recently bought a condo. She wants to have my name put on the blue tabian baan book as a co-owner. 

There is an office in my area (Chatujak). Does anyone have any experience of doing this? Is it a formality or is it a ballache? 

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers

Non Thais dont go in Blue books, yellow book for Non thai. You can own a foreign title condo, get a blue book, but you cant go in it.

The person in the blue book isnt always the owner, often the occupier.

As far as I know, tabian baan book doesn't allow co-owner. Only a single owner can be registered although you have all proof that you co-pay for the property.  One owner and the rest are the members of that particular dwelling. 

With the term 'owner' doesn't necessary mean you own the property. You might be paying rent but can be registered as 'owner' as well.  

My wife claims to have had my name, our daughters name and he sons name added the the blue book for our house, I "Think" it is as a person of interest, not a part owner, but who knows.

I can't actually check what she has said as I can't read Thai.

Me and the misses recently bought a condo, if she contributed too it, sure thing, if she didn't and is asking too be added, I would be inclined not to be adding her, as I have a strict policy, only invest as much as your prepared to lose.

No disrespect, this also depends on how long you have been together etc etc etc.

My misses will get the house and the car, that's how much I am prepared to lose, 10% of my worth is a general rule of thumb, don't forget, they can turn and bite at anytime, so why raise the stakes, you will definitely be at a far greater loss, just saying :)

The blue book is only to record who lives in the property and has nothing to do with ownership. Foreigners cannot be included in the blue book, unless they have PR. You can get a yellow book from the local Amphoe, which is a useful thing to have as proof of address, but again it's nothing to do with ownership.

14 hours ago, Pungdo said:

My wife claims to have had my name, our daughters name and he sons name added the the blue book for our house, I "Think" it is as a person of interest, not a part owner, but who knows.

She is telling you porkies......sorry  :(

7 hours ago, Pungdo said:

Oh Dear!

46 minutes ago, carlbraun said:

Have my name on several Tabien Baan but as an owner.

Not very useful except to have electric and water in my name.

Unless you are Thai or a Permanent Resident your name will not be formally entered in a blue Tabien Baan.

A Tabien Baan does not have any way of listing who the owner of a property is. There is a space for Head of Household, but that person does not have to be the owner of the property. 

One person can be registered in one Tabien Baan at one time. Multiple registration is impossible, for anyone.

Okay, cheers, everyone.

My missus has the mortgage in her name only. We both pay 50/50 and I've already signed some forms at the land department.

I just need something in a book that says I live there for when I renew my visa. Would also be good to get some form of Thai ID.

22 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Non Thais dont go in Blue books, yellow book for Non thai. You can own a foreign title condo, get a blue book, but you cant go in it.

The person in the blue book isnt always the owner, often the occupier.

Not entirely correct. I do have a blue book with my name in it......, the blue book in my case is because I own and am Permanent Resident.

8 hours ago, blackcab said:

Unless you are Thai or a Permanent Resident your name will not be formally entered in a blue Tabien Baan.

A Tabien Baan does not have any way of listing who the owner of a property is. There is a space for Head of Household, but that person does not have to be the owner of the property. 

One person can be registered in one Tabien Baan at one time. Multiple registration is impossible, for anyone.

100% correct, as I do have a double condo my name appears only in 1 blue book, as they say: you can only have 1 official address.

Archived