Prostrate and Holep

al007

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

This did NOT come from Johns Hopkins and it contains dangerous quackery.

And no one, anywhere, has ever said that "chemotherapy is the only way to try"

Thank you for your important and serious observations

Thank you for saying it does not come from John Hopkins, I honestly was informed it did, I will try and research more, I have no wish to misinform or mislead, I did send it to my own oncologist as he trained at John Hopkins and asked him for his observations, and in any case meet with him for dinner in the next couple of weeks

As for dangerous quackery, I do not truly understand what is meant, it is not a normal English English expression, and do not see what danger these views might  potentially create

I do comment all medicine is to some extent an art, and whilst it could be quackery or from an unverified source, some of the suggestions fall in with a lot of what I have learnt over the last year, obviously all who read it need to do their own due diligence before adopting any of the suggestions, not that I can honestly see anything that could be damaging, but then I am but a decrepit cancer infested old man who is only qualified on medical matters mainly by experience, although I did obtain 1st   Md Medical Examination at Guys Hospital in London before changing career

I do very hard try to keep an open mind

Sheryl is 100% correct on her first line

On the second line not correct however. I am very sure someone has at some time made this statement despite it probably not being corect

See link to John Hopkins below

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/kimmel_cancer_center/news_events/featured/cancer_update_email_it_is_a_hoax.html

Worth reading the link, interesting JH devotes as much time to discussing these points rather than just dismissing the whole thing

In any case keeps the mind stimulated, despite its authenticity being incorrect I still think it has some value, and thats only my view

Keep smiling stay calm, will help your medical well being !!

12 hours ago, Sheryl said:

No medical person would ever make a blanket statement like that. Chemotherapy is indicated only fir some cancers and, usually, only at certain stages of those cancers.

As generally the case you are very correct,

However the current statement was not the original sweeping one, and even on this one some of the statements I have personally received  from doctors here in Thailand have been false misleading and incorrect,

As you often point out we all need to be careful, some doctors are excellent others a grave danger to society

Some have even compensated me financially for their incorrect statements, which had dire consequences

Keep smiling; it also reduces stress    ( Source al007 Academia of Global Living, Survival, and Happiness  !! )

Archived