Can I Park For 8 Days At Don Muang Airport

sotonfarang

I am off on an 8 day family holiday to Krabi from Don Muang and the only info regarding parking is in Thai.

Does anybody have or know where I can find any info regarding this? Any idea if its possible, how much and where would be great.

Thank you

It's a flat fee of 250 baht a day in the airport car park. Left my car there recently for a couple of days. No problems. The only issue is that the only floor with available spots seems to be the top floor, which has no roof and gets very hot. I arrived at around 6am thinking that it would be fairly empty. Not the case.

I need a car for one week. When are you going ? What type of car is it ? What color is it ?

Auto or Manual ? two or four door ? Air ? Leather seats ? what year ?

How many km ? Cd player ? full insurance ?

100 bt/week ?

Are you ok with small change ?

Rixalex is correct on the day charge. As for parking, try T3 which is normally not full and does have 2 floors of internal parking. T1 and T2 are always full and you risk wasting lots of time searching for a spot. If you don't mind walking the long covered bridge from T3, you stand a better chance finding an empty slot. 

It depends a lot on where you are coming from.. It may prove more cost effective to take a taxi from Bangkok locations............

From Pattaya there is a bus twice a day to DM...... Almost hourly from Pattaya and Jomtien to Savarnaphumi Airport. And then a bus if you allow enough time or taxi to DM. I tried parking at DM and almost missed my flight because of searching the airport for parking lots (and traffic inside the airport is so slow) just to find all 3 lots had 'full' signs at their entrances.     Panic time......    As I retraced my route I noticed space between the cones blocking the entrance to one carpark and I drove through them, even as I heard police whistles........

It was a 'life-saving' move which Paid off as once I got down to the pay booth they gave me a parking ticket as normal and I found a spot to park.

A scary situation, to say the least. I barely made my flight. Depending where you are coming from, think about taking a taxi or if you are coming from 'up-country' maybe take a bus and taxi or come the day before and sleep and leave your car at a hotel and take a taxi..

I had a scary experience. Yours may not be, but then again you won't know till you try......

• 5 months later...

SotonFarang I am making almost the same trip as you. Flying from Don Muang for 8 days and driving to the airport. Could you please tell me your experience of parking at Don Muang. I am arriving there in the evening after 6pm on March 18th. We are going to South Korea, so it may be a different terminal than you used, but I don't mind having to walk any distance to the terminal after parking - I just want my car parked safely and hopefully not on the rooftop in the sun. Thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I contacted Sotonfarang and he kindly found the details of the hotel he stayed in when he parked for his trip from DMK, The car park there is covered, very large and locked - very secure. It costs 100 baht a night, first night free as you have booked a room there. The room is OK for one night, clean and functional and costs around 700 baht. The hotel is very hard to find even though it is very close to DMK. There is a free shuttle sevice to DMK, but it only runs at 6am and 7am. Taxi from the hotel to DMK is around 100 baht.

I stayed there 1 night and parked for 9 days and the cost for parking was 800 baht. I was very pleased to stay here overnight as we had a very early morning flight to Korea and it meant we did not have to miss a nights sleep with all the extra travelling to DMK, Very relaxing and stress free (well reduced anyway!).

Hotel Details

K.D.M. Residence

3/3moo1 soi maethongkon1 songpraparoad Donmuang. Tel 0875557866. 025662364, Don Mueang International Airport, Bangkok, Thailand 10210
3/3 หมู่1, ซ.แม่ทองก้อน 1, สรงประภา, ดอนเมือง, สนามบินนานาชาติดอนเมือง, กรุงเทพ, ประเทศไทย 10210

Archived