Paralyzed American fall victim responsive after spine surgery

webfact

Paralyzed American fall victim responsive after spine surgery

Phuket Gazette

pkt55.jpeg

Tourist police greeted Mr Gavios as he arrived at Phuket International Airport on the way to see his daughter, who is recovering in Phuket after falling off a cliff in Krabi. Photo: Phuket Tourist Police

KRABI: An American teacher who was critically injured when she fell down a 45-meter-high cliff at Railay Bay in Krabi is conscious and responsive after being rescued on Friday, but still cannot move her legs. 

Hannah Michel Gavios, 23, is being treated at Bangkok Hospital Phuket after falling down the rock face while fleeing a would-be molester on Thursday night. A rescue party found her on Friday morning 

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Paralyzed-American-fall-victim-responsive-spine-surgery/65517?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2016-09-06

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Even in the city?

Only a flashlight in the city.

Primarily because of the uneven sidewalks creating trip hazards but  also to help the drunk drivers see me crossing a street and to shine in someones eyes if they attacked me.

I hope this womans surgery has been successful. Fortunately her old man is loaded so she will receive great care when she gets home.

Archived