BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sorenson

What's the best VPN in Thailand?

I was wondering if anyone of you could recommend me a VPN service? I may travel to Thailand soon, so I will need a VPN. In my country, I use mobile data but as a traveler, I will have to rely on public WiFi networks, which are insecure. Hence, I will need a VPN to secure my data. I have heard about many VPN providers but I need the most honest recommendations from the people who live in Thailand or who have VPN in Thailand and it should be easy to use and effective. People also mention how many devices I can use with that VPN?

Where do you want your VPN to come out?

I use StrongVPN (from about a $ a week) with multiple host countries, I also use an Amazon VPN that come out in Singapore (provided by an employer) and my own VPN to the Netherlands (part of my seedbox) all work well enough.

If you want security avoid the free VPNs, there really is no such thing as a free lunch.

I live in Hong Kong and make routine trips to countries like Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and Cambodia. While it is faster and more secure than any other VPN I've purchased till now, what made me continue with Ivacy VPN is that it allows me 5 multiple logins so that I can use it simultaneously on 5 different devices such as my business AND personal smartphone, laptop, and PC! And for the premium service it provides, Ivacy is remarkably light on the pocket at just $1.66 a month!

On 9/6/2016 at 6:25 PM, Adrian Hunt3r said:

I live in Hong Kong and make routine trips to countries like Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and Cambodia. While it is faster and more secure than any other VPN I've purchased till now, what made me continue with Ivacy VPN is that it allows me 5 multiple logins so that I can use it simultaneously on 5 different devices such as my business AND personal smartphone, laptop, and PC! And for the premium service it provides, Ivacy is remarkably light on the pocket at just $1.66 a month!

What do  you mean by "....more secure than any other VPN..."?  The "VPN protocol/encryption" is what makes a VPN connection secure; not any particular VPN Service Provider you have signed up with.   

Now if you mean Ivacy supposedly doesn't keep any records of your connections/activity, well, a lot of VPN service providers say the same thing.  Whether it's really true or not is another story.

I use "hidemyass.com" but only for streaming TV from my country. ( Sweden )

$ 6 per month. 

They have servers everywhere.....

Works fine. 

I have used most of the VPN services, free and fee, but was always changing for one reason or another. I eventually settled on ExpressVPN which is a premium service - $12.95 per month. However it can be used on both my laptop and iPhone / has multiple servers all over the world (handy for when you need or want a local IP address) / has very strong security features (is one of the very few VPN's still working in China) and very easy to launch and very reliable. I notice no reduction in download speeds so it's an excellent service. Most would balk at the price but it's money well spent, IMHO.

Try Safer vpn , it works fine here in Thailand and you can connect to a lot of countries , I had it now for 6 months and not one singel problem, about $7 a month and you can try it for free . https://www.safervpn.com

Regards

I'm over in Thailand at moment and use IPVanish......I pay an annual fee of about $75-$80 and can be used on multiple devices (inc mobile phones). Been using it for about 3 years now. Besides security main reason I use a VPN is that I can connect via a VPN in the UK and therefore use UK services such as Radio, TV, Movie and Betting sites over the internet which tend to be blocked if they see an IP address from outside UK.

I have also used HideMyAss (HMA) in the past which now comes bundled with AVG PRO if you wish to go the whole cyber security route. At the time I used it, several years back it had a few bugs that caused my connection to drop a lot whilst in Thailand. I would assume they have corrected this as AVG would not have taken them on otherwise

Check out VYPR vpn. It's super fast from Thailand, has an easy to use interface and is one of the few that doesn't store your data and pass it to authorities if they ask. Mobile app is solid too. 

10 hours ago, Pib said:

What do  you mean by "....more secure than any other VPN..."?  The "VPN protocol/encryption" is what makes a VPN connection secure; not any particular VPN Service Provider you have signed up with.   

Now if you mean Ivacy supposedly doesn't keep any records of your connections/activity, well, a lot of VPN service providers say the same thing.  Whether it's really true or not is another story.

Actually the provider is very important as many keep logs ect... so on a legal point of view if you do a lot of P2P

they could trace you that's why I do business with Nord Vpn based in Panama they are under no regulation and don't 

keep any logs.