Police move quickly to trial over Krabi sex attack on American teacher

webfact

Police move quickly to trial over Krabi sex attack on American teacher

The Phuket News

1473229800_1-org.jpg

American Hannah Gavios is recovering well from her spinal surgery, say doctors, as police move quickly to bring her attacker to trial. Photo: Facebook

PHUKET: -- Police are moving quickly to bring to trial charges against the man who sexually attacked an American teacher on holiday who suffered a broken spine while fleeing his advances in Krabi last Thursday (Sept 1).

Hannah Gavois, a 23-year-old from Queens, New York, is recovering at Bangkok Hospital Phuket after surgery on her spine after she fell 45 metres down a mountain at Railay, in Krabi, while fleeing a sexual attack Apai Raingworchai, 28, who she had hired as a local guide to lead over over the mountain. 

Ao Nang Deputy Police Chief Lt Col Winai Poonsawas told The Phuket News this morning that officers already have taken an incident report from Ms Gavois.

“She has given us her statement, and it is similar to what Mr Apai had told us. He did sexually attack her, but did not rape her.”

In her chilling recollection of her ordeal, Ms Gavois told the Daily Mail, “It was pitch black and before I knew it, I was in mid air falling off a cliff. I was honestly thinking I wouldn’t survive,” she said.

“I hit my head a few times and landed with a big bump. I was screaming in pain. It was the most painful thing ever. I felt like a total vegetable. I felt completely vulnerable. I couldn’t move anything.”

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/police-move-quickly-to-trial-over-krabi-sex-attack-on-american-teacher-59005.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-09-07

If you go read what any of the American or British newspapers report,  you will see a very different story than the one reported in Thailand.  Those include a full statement from the victim which does not sugar coat the Thai side of it. 

It is really sad the one-sided BS we are forced to read inside Thailand.

Please do yourself a favor and use Google.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

“She has given us her statement, and it is similar to what Mr Apai had told us. He did sexually attack her, but did not rape her.”

So that should put to bed some of the speculation.  Hope she continues to recover and can get on with her life now 

2 hours ago, timbothaivisa said:

When neo-feminism collides with common sense

"A day after arriving in Thailand, Gavios got lost at Railay Beach in the resort of Krabi and sought help at a local tourist shop. A worker at the store offered to help her get back to her hotel, but instead led her up a pitch-black mountain in the jungle, where he attacked her.

Gavios, who has been teaching English in Vietnam, said she didn’t have a good feeling about the man but relented because she was tired.

“I’d been traveling for 16 hours, so I guess I wasn’t feeling myself,” she explained. “While we were walking, he grabbed me and was holding me down and trying to take off my clothes.”

The horrified woman said she punched the crazed attacker — and even went for his ear.

“I was biting his ear so hard it almost came off. His ear was half torn off,” she said. “He was in pain and asked me to stop, so we shook hands and he stopped but I was still nervous and he was still trying to harass me so there was no choice but to run.”

1 hour ago, amykat said:

If you go read what any of the American or British newspapers report,  you will see a very different story than the one reported in Thailand.  Those include a full statement from the victim which does not sugar coat the Thai side of it. 

It is really sad the one-sided BS we are forced to read inside Thailand.

Please do yourself a favor and use Google.

The Phuket Times report (Linked in the OP) is graphic enough.

Then her situation took a sick twist as Apai allegedly decided he wasn’t through with Ms Gavios.

“He got on top of me. He took of his pants and masturbated on me,” she recalled. “He didn’t rape me but he did everything else. I really thought I was going to die,” she said.

Ms Gavios said she tried to remain calm and avoid screaming to prevent him from choking her.

4 hours ago, timbothaivisa said:

When neo-feminism collides with common sense

Neo feminist is when a female assumes or believes that females should lead and be more dominant in work, life, etc. than men. It glorifies a womanly essence over claims to equality with men.Jan 27, 2014

I was wondering what this was, so I looked it up.  Why do you guys have to fill every thread about a sexual assault with so much shit??  Is rape really so confusing for all of you???

I was on holiday in Railay Beach this past March with the GF and it seemed so peaceful and safe. I guess it goes to show you that diligence in safety is needed everywhere. It's sad that you have to be on yellow alert everytime you go somewhere and can't just relax and enjoy yourself at a resort without worrying about such a thing. There are bad people everywhere.

On 9/7/2016 at 7:03 PM, amykat said:

Is rape really so confusing for all of you???

No, and neither is taking adequate precautions. The attitude you expound is the very one which likely led to this horrific situation - "rape is illigal, therefore I cannot be raped". Total BS; the reality is not binary.

Timbothaivisa,

I have no idea what you are talking about ...the same as I had no idea what your other post was about.  No idea what Neofeminism and common sense had to do with this woman's ordeal.  That is why I looked it up. And I was correct, they have nothing to do with each other. What you just posted about me above, is also total nonsense ...I have said and thought nothing of the sort.

A post in which the quoted post had been altered has been removed:

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

I've been over to Railey many times and am often feel offended by those boat men. I assume he was with those guys. One time they ripped me off with the boat ticket with the wrong  change. They are very aggressive and rude fellows.

I think the Thai tourism should get rid of them all and hire some more professional people.  They are just local thugs selling weed and meth on the side, always with a mind to cheat the farang. Around the water front in Krabi town are more of these rats.

I still cannot believe that some of you guys are still blaming her for this.

This young lady has fought to stay alive, may be handicapped for life and it's "still her fault".

I'd like to see some of you lying at the bottom of a cliff with a broken back, and see if you had the "balls" to survive.  Oh, yes, i forgot while some smelly bastard probably feels you up and wanks over you for hours on end...

Who's first?

11 hours ago, Patsycat said:

I still cannot believe that some of you guys are still blaming her for this.

Nobody blamed her for the rape; this is the issue feminists have trouble with. It's the ideology which imbues women with a simplistic  & dangerous reality, then denounces anyone who points that out.

How do you surmise i am a feminist?   How do you surmise Hannah is a feminist?

Do you know what a feminist is?   Or did you just receive your new shiny version of this year's Oxford Dictionary of English?   So that you can pompously reel out big words.  That you don't understand.

Archived