45-meter fall, sexually assaulted backpacker Hannah Gavios shares story from hospital bed

webfact

45-meter fall, sexually assaulted backpacker Hannah Gavios shares story from hospital bed

By Coconuts Bangkok 

hannah.jpg

Photo: Hannah Gavios/Facebook

BANGKOK: -- Hannah Gavios, 23, from New York, remains in the hospital with a fractured spine but has broken her silence on what happened after she fell 45 meters down a dark mountainside fleeing a Thai man that was trying to sexually assault her in Krabi on Thursday.

It’s not pretty. And isn’t likely to do much for Thailand’s tourism industry.

The volunteer “guide” who offered to walk her back to her hotel at 11pm on Thursday turned out to be anything but a good Samaritan.

After leading her into the dark, Apai Ruengvorn, 28, brutally attacked her, pinned her to the ground and tried to rip her clothes off. In the struggle, the young woman bit off part of his ear before running off into the night, reported The Mirror.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/09/07/45-meter-fall-sexually-assaulted-backpacker-hannah-gavios-shares-story-hospital-bed

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-09-08

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Speaking out and defaming Thailand's image isn't very smart.  Others have been arrested and imprisoned for tarnishing the kingdoms image.

Are you serious?So she should just take the sexual assault plus this halfwit jacking off over her,along with her broken back and go away quietly?
What colour are the moons on your planet anyway?

Yeah your right chook some articles are more worried about image than the victim.

A real scumbag sexually assaulting a helpless  girl with a fractured spine after chasing her through the jungle and causing her fall. 

Pat least he didn't do a runner and will get some time in jail and hopefully lost a good chunk of his ear.

the guide had his ear partially bitten off. She accidentally fell off the 45m cliff and managed to survive but remains paralysed. The guide heard her got down the cliff and sexually molested her but didn't rape her i guess in revenge for his bitten ear. Afterwards he leaves her gets help and they take her to hospital he admits to his crime and will most likely get 5-10 years of jail time while she might remain paralyzed for life. Story does sound a bit off in regards to the behavior of the guide.

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

Speaking out and defaming Thailand's image isn't very smart.  Others have been arrested and imprisoned for tarnishing the kingdoms image.

Yeah well its all over all the New York media outlets as well as other international sights....Truth be known

17 minutes ago, MyFrenU said:

He looks like a character from the Thai version of "The Hills Have Eyes"!

with this kind of looks, i am surprised the victim trust him to "guide".

1 hour ago, davehowden said:

Stupid girl, being out alone in the boonies at 11:00 pm and allowing this "character" to be her guide.

unless he is sweet talking charmer who wins over people easily.

2 hours ago, Thechook said:

What are you going on about?

Exactly who tarnished the image? If you are Thai you believe the victim or those that report it are to blame.

13 minutes ago, sahibji said:

with an ear bitten the scum should be hunted down soon.

He turned himself in. If you read the report. He sexually assaulted her first but returned the next morning with his co workers to send her to hospital and then he turned himself to the police and confessed to the crime. Obviously not a normal person with a sub 60 IQ perhaps.

I struggle to believe even Thailand would drag this crippled and injured woman to jail over defamation right now.

12 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I struggle to believe even Thailand would drag this crippled and injured woman to jail over defamation right now.

The short video of this girl in hospital allready was in the european newspapers. This girl is being followed by all western journalists from now on so Thailand better be nice to her....

A bit disturbing but a lot more detail here from hanoijack.com

”I followed him up this trail and I was asking him ‘is this the right way?’. We were going up this steep mountain and using a flash light and I started panicking.

”While he were walking he grabbed me and was holding me down and trying to take off my clothes.

”I started punching him in the face and beating him up and biting off his ear. I was biting his ear so hard it almost came off. His ear was half torn off.

http://hanoijack.com/2016/09/07/vietnam-teacher-sexually-assaulted-thailand-falling-cliff/

12 minutes ago, DeepInTheForest said:

Posters who make comments that evaluate a person's character or intelligence based on appearance are revealing their own stupidity.

Well, they know they are looking at the face of a confessed rapist, who sexually assaulted a girl with serious injuries, before leaving her unable to move in a snake infested jungle.

God forbid that anyone would be so ignorant to point out the the criminal looks like the guy in the middle of that famous Charles Darwin Origin of the Species poster. We already know his character, he's a scumbag. As for intelligence, I think we can draw our own conclusions ... and you can invite him to your next Mensa meeting if you so wish.

1 hour ago, davehowden said:

Stupid girl, being out alone in the boonies at 11:00 pm and allowing this "character" to be her guide.

“I went inside a tourist shop and asked for help back to my hotel. They said it was dangerous to do at night so they told me to follow one of their workers.

”I didn’t get the best feeling about him but I was tired and wanted to get home. I’d been traveling for 16 hours so I guess I wasn’t feeling myself.

Archived